New Volvo V40!

Eyke

The deal called off. Car is really small especially the boot. Golf bags and prams also have problems fitting in. Having said that, the car drives very well and has heaps of gadgets and technology. I love the drive. Pity the size isn't right.post-19427-1358343345_thumb.jpg

The deal called off. Car is really small especially the boot. Golf bags and prams also have problems fitting in. Having said that, the car drives very well and has heaps of gadgets and technology. I love the drive. Pity the size isn't right.

Did it feel faster than the S60 T4? Also were there any issues with the gearbox being 'nervous'/fidgety? That was the complaint most reviewers had, but not sure if that was more of the torque curve on the diesel models causing it..

V40 T4 should be the same engine as S60 T4, ie. 1.6T ... the V40 should feel faster since its lighter.

Size wise, V60 should be more suitable for you.

V40 and S40 are using Ford Focus platform, so wheelbase is small.

Did it feel faster than the S60 T4? Also were there any issues with the gearbox being 'nervous'/fidgety? That was the complaint most reviewers had, but not sure if that was more of the torque curve on the diesel models causing it..

Not all all. The GB was not too bad.

V40 T4 should be the same engine as S60 T4, ie. 1.6T ... the V40 should feel faster since its lighter.

Size wise, V60 should be more suitable for you.

V40 and S40 are using Ford Focus platform, so wheelbase is small.

The V60 wagon is more suitable. Have told them to work out a price for me to see if I am keen.

were there other colors of v40 available in the dealer ship?

Yes. Currently white one for test drive and viewing. The copper sai colour is nicest imo.

The V60 wagon is more suitable. Have told them to work out a price for me to see if I am keen.

V60 is wagon.

Nomenclature in volvo is quite standard

S = Sedan

V = Variant (or wagon or estate or avant)

XC = Cross Country (or SUV or Cross Over)

C = Coupe/Cabriolet

S60, S80, S40, = all sedan

V40, V50, V60 V70 = all wagon ... the new V40 shapes like a hatch, but its using a wagon nomenclature. So, its a wagon.

C30, C70 = all coupe

XC60 XC90 = SUV

any mcf members here driving the new v40? did the car come with all the advertised specs? Seems many things are missing from the local version delivered here..

what's the right procedure to follow if they did not live up to what was advertised in the spec sheet and when the final car comes? can we reject the order or do we negotiate for a better deal? whats the law on things like this?

any mcf members here driving the new v40? did the car come with all the advertised specs? Seems many things are missing from the local version delivered here..

what's the right procedure to follow if they did not live up to what was advertised in the spec sheet and when the final car comes? can we reject the order or do we negotiate for a better deal? whats the law on things like this?

There are fine prints on the advertisement saying actual specs may differ in whatever car ads.

Saw one this evening on ECP. Nice looking. But size almost makes it look more like a hatchback than a wagon.

V40 Cross Country is based on the V40 which is a hatchback, not a wagon. Its main rivals are the BMW X1 and Audi Q3.

Neutral Newbie

V40 Cross Country is based on the V40 which is a hatchback, not a wagon. Its main rivals are the BMW X1 and Audi Q3.

i think V40 is a notch lower than X1 and Q3.

V40 is hardly a CUV

↡ Advertisement