Today go Orchard road = not crowded?

Mockngbrd

http://www.businessinsider.sg/macys-might-shut-down-more-stores-2017-5/?r=US&IR=T#1vy6oLFKdwGEEUYH.97

To prevent the same fate from happening to Singapore retail.. I think government need to come out of solution fast. Not solution like close Orchard road to encourage more people to shop at Orchard.. It will not work.. Coz price is till too expensive..

Should listen Cathay director on her opinion.. Reduce on government taxes to tenant and developers.. They could set the tax to be dynamic like for those mall that is doing well like nex, punggol waterway can remain unchanged, but for Orchard.. Time to reduce the rate..

At such juncture even government step in to reduc taxes and costs of developers​ the eventual benefits still won't pass on to consumers. End up back to null. Still expensive and dull.

Let it die naturally. I suggest start from fresh all over again. Hype up some shopping Districts example Vivo stretch of road to take over orchard.

20 years later..Shift focus to another stretches.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Gahment won't listen to chatter. They do what their smart brain thinks is right. So stop wasting time and move out of Orchard Road.

what's so special bout having the mac store? i mean what's the unique selling point?

appearance, advertisement, money too much no where to spend (refer to Apple company)  [laugh]  [laugh]

Supersonic

what's so special bout having the mac store? i mean what's the unique selling point?

why people drink starbucks coffee?

Supersonic

Will the apple stuff there cheaper?

Apple products pricing all controlled, same as other shops and online. 

Supersonic

Wanna buy cheap apple stuff, go JB buy. 

International warranty anyway.

Just make sure buy from JB official store/retailer.

Supersonic

Apple products pricing all controlled, same as other shops and online. 

If that's the case then buy online will be cheapest. Got 5% cc rebate and then got all those lazada/qoo10 coupons+shopback.

Can get at least 100$ discount on it lor.

(edited)

queue overnight

take selfie

first to enter Apple Store

priceless !

[:p]

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

queue overnight

take selfie

first to enter Apple Store

priceless !

[:p]

Right ! Appear on TV / Newspaper, than everyone knows this person who damn free
  • Praise 3

why people drink starbucks coffee?

They are paying for the seats (probably 80% of cost), not the kopi (20%).  Of course I don't know why there are those who already pay for the seats but take their kopi away to drink....

• Praise 5

Supersonic

So that's the answer lor.

Think about what kind of people buy Apple in the first place. Mostly people who value form over function.

Exactly the kind of person who would want to be seen lining up or in the apple store  :D

Got syt sales personnel? If not forget it.