New Subaru XV

Rezorn86

Deciding between forester n xv now. Thanks!

You are funny. Ask about best value between other brands except forester and finally between Forester and XV. Anyway, follow your heart and pocket. Dun live with regrets but within your means Edited by Rayleigh
↡ Advertisement

Deciding between forester n xv now. Thanks!

Pick XV if you need a basic car that can bring u safely from point A to B in style.

Pay some $10k more for an SUV forester with more interior space and road presence.

If u are into driving fun, pay another $13k more for a turbo version forester but it comes with mildly higher road tax insurance and petrol consumption.

In singapore, 80% of Subaru car buyers choose the Forester.

• Praise 2

yup in the end, we had to think abt not changing car for next few years while family is expanding... Forester seems like a great choice! Plus we have to drive back to Malaysia every 2 weeks...

yup in the end, we had to think abt not changing car for next few years while family is expanding... Forester seems like a great choice! Plus we have to drive back to Malaysia every 2 weeks...

Drive back to msia... Forester xt best choice. Safety, space, performance, interior space and best bang for buck.

Just a quick update on my 30k servicing recently, especially for bros whom had purchased their XV with the 5yr free servicing.

The SA quoted the following:  

cabin filter replacement $95

battery replacement (Amaron) $230

engine decardonizing $250

Any comments on the above?   The decarbonizing may not be necessary, for me.

For the cabin filter, I'm surprised it is not included in our 5yr service package.

For the battery, I asked the SA for the brand, it is Amaron.   Not sure the model though, but I can't seem to locate an Amaron battery suited for start-stop vehicle.   Our original battery is a Panasonic Q-85 model.   

Any comments or suggestion?

• Praise 1

Amaron is ok. Cabin filter buy from Taobao at one tenth of the price. Decarbonize no need and not necessary.

Go to MI for servicing, one must be very firm. They will always as you to do additional, no need to be angry but decline politely and assertively.

• Praise 1

Wow 30k serve cost almost $600! That is expensive. Can don't want or not? Battery cannot replace later outside?

The price of the battery still ok. It is about the same price as battery from AA

Wow 30k serve cost almost $600! That is expensive. Can don't want or not? Battery cannot replace later outside?

The price of the battery still ok. It is about the same price as battery from AA

AA got 24 months warranty and free jump start. MI got anot?

Cabin filter $95???

My conti cabin filter only $20. DIY replace. If agent replace, I guestimate $100; $80 being labour cost.  :XD:

I think it's about there lah as most AD WS priced their labour $80 for each part replacement (simple job ones).

Just a quick update on my 30k servicing recently, especially for bros whom had purchased their XV with the 5yr free servicing.

For the cabin filter, I'm surprised it is not included in our 5yr service package.

For the battery, I asked the SA for the brand, it is Amaron.   Not sure the model though, but I can't seem to locate an Amaron battery suited for start-stop vehicle.   Our original battery is a Panasonic Q-85 model.   

• Praise 1

Those are recommendation form SA.   I did not take any of these recommendation  [laugh]

Main purpose is to share with all subbie bros/sis here, for reference only.  

Anyway, almost if not all brands AD will try to up-sell services to earn more revenue and comm, so MI is not alone.   As what one bro mentioned, don't take the offer if one is not comfortable.  

• Praise 1

Cabin filter $95???

My conti cabin filter only $20. DIY replace. If agent replace, I guestimate $100; $80 being labour cost. :XD:

I think it's about there lah as most AD WS priced their labour $80 for each part replacement (simple job ones).

Cabin filter can just buy from stockist. Only $25.

Then DIY.

• Praise 1

battery replacement - price reasonable if slightly more only

engine decardonizing - not necessary no need do

cabin filter - u can buy outside and install yourself....cheaper

When I went for 30k they also offered the engine decarbonization and fuel system cleaning. I declined and the SE tried to push engine flush. I asked why all these, if they are so important, are not stated in the subaru service manual and he couldn't answer.

Just firmly decline or say think about it maybe do during the next round. My thinking is long as what is stated in the manual is done the car should function as designed.

Edited by Hobbes187
  • Praise 2

Any comments on the above? The decarbonizing may not be necessary, for me.

For the battery, I asked the SA for the brand, it is Amaron. Not sure the model though, but I can't seem to locate an Amaron battery suited for start-stop vehicle. Our original battery is a Panasonic Q-85 model.

Waa.. they think u are robert.. cabin filter cost less than $10 lor..

My citroen, buy 2 piece + workshop fit only $50.. someone mine need to unscrew 3 component to replqce it