New Subaru XV

Rezorn86

Neutral Newbie

The way the market goes these days, don't think Cat A will go up dramatically. So not to worry about your NG COE, only in the matter of time.

COE quota for Nov16-Jan17 will be know soon(this week?), the numbers shld remain the same or slight changes or else, it'll be another different world. Those sitting on the fence dying to know too.

Thanks S1nner,

You are absolutely right abt observing the next 3 math supply. I felt maybe there is some chance that COE will fall in December because the economy and market sentiment is really weak now. But government always controls supply so also very difficult to predict. If they sense weakness they will just shorten supply to support the price.

Why COE increase 1.5K XV increase 3K fro 102888 to 105888?

Maybe they foresee coe might continue to go up for the next few bids? So even though recent coe just dropped a bit of 1.5k, most ADs increased at least 3k more. 

Thanks S1nner,

You are absolutely right abt observing the next 3 math supply. I felt maybe there is some chance that COE will fall in December because the economy and market sentiment is really weak now. But government always controls supply so also very difficult to predict. If they sense weakness they will just shorten supply to support the price.

- Unique Singapore - 

AFAIK, MI yet to fail in any COE bid. Exception for a few who in urgent need or can't wait, did the top-up and get their COE in the next round. Otherwise, all of them will eventually get the COE. 

Neutral Newbie

MI increased 3K, next day, reduce 2K citing promotion. Well done, MI

MI likes to play w the marketing discount so much that after awhile u just care about the final price, not how you get there....

- Unique Singapore - 

AFAIK, MI yet to fail in any COE bid. Exception for a few who in urgent need or can't wait, did the top-up and get their COE in the next round. Otherwise, all of them will eventually get the COE. 

MI so good ah, no matter car package they offered to customers is low or high, they still get the coe for them even customers did not top up? 

MI likes to play w the marketing discount so much that after awhile u just care about the final price, not how you get there....

the final price, all the same, i hope. Those who never do their homework, of cos, will get lesser. lol

Seems like the XV Crosstrek is far more popular in the US, and with a great resale value as well.

http://www.torquenews.com/1084/subaru-crosstrek-beats-all-non-luxury-cars-america-one-remarkable-area-how-it-will-save-you-money

Will that ever happen here?  

Ha ha LOL !

Buy low, Sell low. I'm planning to drive till the tail end of COE, unless cars getting cheaper like 10-15 years ago which seems impossible these years.

In certain way, its a value for money in SG too. Depend on how you look at XV in term of spec., made, handling and lastly final selling price. 

MI so good ah, no matter car package they offered to customers is low or high, they still get the coe for them even customers did not top up? 

Yes, you can read XV plus Forester threads. So far, no one got back their cheque but all got their cars. 

Yes, you can read XV plus Forester threads. So far, no one got back their cheque but all got their cars. 

I would say they are really genuine and sincere in selling their car to their customers. Regardless whether did customer top up or not along the way. 

By the way, anyone here has exhausted and changed out the original Yokohama Geolander tyres?  

Mine reaching the 40k mark soon, and keen to look for some comfort based passenger tyres instead of SUV tyres.  

Thanks.

I would say they are really genuine and sincere in selling their car to their customers. Regardless whether did customer top up or not along the way. 

Ya, look at their profit margin, btw 10-20K. COE will not jumped up more than 10K, at least for next bidding. Even if its does, next few COE biddings, time will do all the corrections. ** Unless something good/bad happened, eg. quota shink to record low or everyone feeling rich thus decided to buy new cars. 

Neutral Newbie

the final price, all the same, i hope. Those who never do their homework, of cos, will get lesser. lol

Any other bro who bid just b4 the round on 5th oct? How was yr deal like?

Neutral Newbie

Sorry to disappoint bro but I'm a guy.

When I started negotiating it was 104.8, 2k was some upfront marketing discount. Another 2k was car trade in discount, finally 1.5k for financing discount. All in 99.3 for 6bid NG.

The freebies that I got sound standard to me , they wouldn't give me visors or trunk protector

Do let me know if I didn't my homework...

Edited by Joeyhops

Sorry to disappoint bro but I'm a guy.

When I started negotiating it was 104.8, 2k was some upfront marketing discount. Another 2k was car trade in discount, finally 1.5k for financing discount. All in 99.3 for 6bid NG.

The freebies that I got sound standard to me , they wouldn't give me visors or trunk protector

Do let me know if I didn't my homework...

Hi Bro, my bad!! Good deal, Good student too. lol

MI increased 3K, next day, reduce 2K citing promotion. Well done, MI

It was the same last COE drop from 51.5K to 50K. XV Price dropped 3K from 107.8K to 104.8K. And then promotions announced for 2K reduction as promotion to 102.8K the next day.

↡ Advertisement