New Subaru XV

Rezorn86

Provided that under the same vehicle bonnet, I'm pretty sure the 2.0 will better than the 1.6. unless you comparing others car.

I had an Audi Q7 4.2 FSI nearly a decade ago, and switched to the 3.0 TFSI version later on.

The 3.0 TFSI was so much more drivable and agile (comparatively) compared to the 4.2 FSI, despite a difference of 70 PS.

Additional power doesn't translates directly into improved drivability and handling.

And for those who had challenges with reading comprehension - I am referring to the rationale for the downsizing of engines in particular, not about whether the 1.6L XV drives better than the 2L XV, or vice versa. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1

I had an Audi Q7 4.2 FSI nearly a decade ago, and switched to the 3.0 TFSI version later on.

The 3.0 TFSI was so much more drivable and agile (comparatively) compared to the 4.2 FSI, despite a difference of 70 PS.

Additional power doesn't translates directly into improved drivability and handling.

And for those who had challenges with reading comprehension - I am referring to the rationale for the downsizing of engines in particular, not about whether the 1.6L XV drives better than the 2L XV, or vice versa.

With 4.2Fsi and 3.0Tfsi, really nothing to lose. Lol! Cannot compare like that. Come back to this xv, awd, this extra indeed needed.

Mai aggro. Limpeh help summarise:

Big cc NA downsize to smaller cc turbo is good.

Big cc NA downsize to smaller cc NA is duhhh....

Back to topic: Who bought the 2.0XV Eyesight? Got FR? Considering as second car

• Praise 2

Hello Bros and Sis,

Wishing everyone a prosperous and a happy Chinese New Year !

Can anyone share with me where to get a spare tyre(donut).

Ran through the forum but is unable to find clue where to get it.

Thanks

Ps: I’m new so not sure posting it here is okay bo, sorry if I post wrongly.

You can try to see if this tire shop can bring the rubber tire into Singapore for you - Cheng An Da Pte Ltd in Kaki Bukit (about 1 to 2 months for delivery to Spore)

They managed to do for me last time.

Need to check your manual to see what is the correct donut tire size to order.

For the steel wheel for the donut, can try check with Lesun in Ubi to see if they can bring in original Subaru spare part.  They said yes initially to me but later found out from Japan that not for sale to Singapore (not sure why) and had to cancel my order.

Ended up had to buy from US and Vpost back to Singapore.

Can try this website - you will need to search for the correct spare part

https://www.parts.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=store.MakeSearch&MakeID=32&Title=Subaru-OEM-Parts

Note that if you also buy the Styrofoam spare parts to fit around the spare tire, that will be super expensive.

If want to save money, you can see if can live with just a piece of plywood and a rubber mat to cover the whole thing.  You may also have to saw off some parts of the plastic in the hidden part of the boot to accommodate the tire if you find it can't fit in (some of the plastic may protrude into the spare wheel space).

Another option to the whole thing above is to go to Motor Image in JB and do it there BUT I think theirs is not donut but full-size or almost full-size spare.  That will eat into the boot space of the XV.  You need to look at their car in the showroom to see if that is what you want.

I think it will end up around $1000 as they will need to also replace the plastics and Styrofoam in the boot also to fit around the spare.  You can call up first to ask for a quote for changing Spore XV with no spare to one with spare.

Edited by jg2000
  • Praise 1

What is FR?

• Praise 1

Pretty simplistic thinking - weight distribution doesn't matters?

A weight reduction of 10kg from the 4 rims is not the same as a weight reduction of 10kg from the engine block sitting in the front engine bay.

A google search will help educate yourself on the dynamics of weight reduction and weight distribution.

seriously i don't give a damn about 10kg weight reduction, insignificant for a 1.64ton car with only 150ps....

anyone who wanna do weight saving can just pump 1/4tank everytime to save 30kg.

also can don't fill wiper fluid, another 1-2kg....

google knowledge doesn't mean everything in the real world of driving...

there is a limit to how much downsize from NA to turbo makes sense.

anyway enuf abt this rubbish...

FR just go sgcarmart to see.

depends on what car you are used to and what are you expecting to get out of it. but for a car with <10k depreciation per year, nothing much more to complain about especially compared to other makes in segment. don't like it later just sell off and won't lose much...

but of cos with only 4465mm size boot is not cavernous, but at least without spare tyre you get more storage options.

Edited by Sarion

Saw sgcarmart fr. Kinda mixed reviews. Surprised to see vibration n jerk at low speeds n loud popping sound fr d to r gear. According to one reviewer, a number of owners hv such issues.

I really dunno what car is reliable nowadays sometimes. Still those w 4/5/6 speed torque converter AT?

has anyone upgraded the speakers in the XV? seems like current Panasonic HU does sound better than the original Starlink version, when i set DSP to Rock and tune up base and tremble somewhat without touching vocal.

but still have the feeling that not matching previous car quality, so itching a bit [:p] ...

also, anyone done up soundproofing with MI during servicing?

are they still at $680 for 3M? and any idea if they do 2 doors only at lower price?

thanks in advance...

• Praise 1

has anyone upgraded the speakers in the XV? seems like current Panasonic HU does sound better than the original Starlink version, when i set DSP to Rock and tune up base and tremble somewhat without touching vocal.

but still have the feeling that not matching previous car quality, so itching a bit [:p] ...

also, anyone done up soundproofing with MI during servicing?

are they still at $680 for 3M? and any idea if they do 2 doors only at lower price?

thanks in advance...

I was thinking of upgrading until I select DSP. Quite satisfied for now. How is your radio reception? My quite bad. Frequently has static. My only unhappiness is the screen display, lack sharpness.
  • Praise 1

I was thinking of upgrading until I select DSP. Quite satisfied for now. How is your radio reception? My quite bad. Frequently has static. My only unhappiness is the screen display, lack sharpness.

not much on radio recently so can't comment. but i was pampered by my previous car 9.1 McIntosh audio system so i still feels there's a difference....

but at what cost do i wanna spend, hmm...

• Praise 1

Saw sgcarmart fr. Kinda mixed reviews. Surprised to see vibration n jerk at low speeds n loud popping sound fr d to r gear. According to one reviewer, a number of owners hv such issues.

I really dunno what car is reliable nowadays sometimes. Still those w 4/5/6 speed torque converter AT?

Ahhhh...a mixed bag.

Any car that is in the production line for the longest is the most reliable, especially for Japanese cars.

Toyota estima lor.

• Praise 1

Hi Tim, glad you're enjoying your car!  Just got mine today.  So far so good yet so complicated, and there are definitely some learning curves to attend to!

• Praise 1

Hi Tim, glad you're enjoying your car! Just got mine today. So far so good yet so complicated, and there are definitely some learning curves to attend to!

Enjoy your ride! You like the GPS? For me typing address on the screen is very slow and cumbersome. So far no symptoms of what you highlighted perviously. Hopefully none ever surface!
  • Praise 1

Enjoy your ride! You like the GPS? For me typing address on the screen is very slow and cumbersome. So far no symptoms of what you highlighted perviously. Hopefully none ever surface!

The GPS has been tested fine.  Yeah, the input is kind of clunky - but that's the same with my previous GPS too, so no complains. This evening mega downpour also saw the Eyesight turning off by itself, but the car felt totally planted regardless of road conditions.  Loving it.  

• Praise 1

The GPS has been tested fine.  Yeah, the input is kind of clunky - but that's the same with my previous GPS too, so no complains. This evening mega downpour also saw the Eyesight turning off by itself, but the car felt totally planted regardless of road conditions.  Loving it.  

important to find a DSP setting in the audio system that you will like to. 

for me neutral too flat and pop vocal too maxed out...

Any bro & sis driving this new XV and can tell me what's your XV car petrol consumption like? Shortlisted this model.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1