New Subaru XV

Rezorn86

Hi - sorry to hear this piece of news from you.

As I am getting my 1.6XV soon - is there any major issue that I need to pay attention too during my run-in ride - thank you.

Just normal driving will do,try not to full throttle the car..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Yes, I got the courtesy car yesterday after I expressed my dissatisfaction...

seems like service sucks here and we must express our deep dissatisfaction before someone will action abit.

Just normal driving will do,try not to full throttle the car..

I think for CVT and DSG avoid creeping too. The clutch will be worn in no time.

seems like service sucks here and we must express our deep dissatisfaction before someone will action abit.

I think for CVT and DSG avoid creeping too. The clutch will be worn in no time.

I think the service still better than VW..

Yes, try not to full throttle and always at full speed.

Not full speed[top speed.?]Try Top gear ASAP...lah.!

Updates:

<snip> I am clueless and worried even my car is repaired finally, since they do not have the capability to test my car at 110 km/h, it will be very dangerous to me and the passengers. After all, I almost got killed/injured due to this engine stalled issue.

bro, motor image is not known for their service or knowledge of their car. the good thing is that there are may ws out there that can do a better job than them. since it is over warranty period, you might be better off get it check outside. save your breath and time

• Praise 1

Any situation, manual is the best. Good control, power delivery. Fuel economy is based on how the driver's drive the car. Maintenance? Basically the cheapest and needs the least of care.

provided ig you can tahan clutch 100 times during peak hour driving. [smash] i had a manual fd 1 many years back. was quite fun but cannot take it during peak hour congestion.

bro, motor image is not known for their service or knowledge of their car. the good thing is that there are may ws out there that can do a better job than them. since it is over warranty period, you might be better off get it check outside. save your breath and time

Thanks for your advice.

BTW, you got any good one to reckon. You may PM me if you want...

Thanks.

Updates:

I called up the customer service today morning again for the possible arrangement like providing me a car during these few days since it's their negligence and incapability to do a good job in the car checking/servicing. Why I got this feeling because there was a past incident happened prior to this --> After checking my invoices/doc, my car was sent for service on 17 Jan 2013, then 4 days later I have to send my car back to the service center again due to some problems beow:

1) Hill Assist Indicator light 2) Abs Indicator 3) Vehicle Dynamic Control Indicator were on, and the brake system turned unstable. As a result, the customer service officer told me that there was a plug spoiled. Why all these new malfunctions always happened just after the service [confused]

I called up the manager in today's afternoon to express my frustrations and dissatisfaction. The Manager said my case is the 1st ever case happend in SG. Thus I suggested to them to bring up this matter to the Japan side as I quoted them a similar example happened in Australia. And an hour later, I received a call back from the customer service officer with the following replies:

• The Australia subaru case is different as the driver's seat is at the left. Sg one is at the right and thus he said can't be compared. (Honestly, I am very doubtful on that as the technology is the same to me, any bros here can shed some lights on this)

• Subaru is willing to provide a courtesy car while my car is under repair.

• Subaru is NOT willing to compensate on the towing fee from JB to Sg (S$428) albeit I was told by the customer service that it is their panel towing company. The customer service officer also said the towing fee can be billed to Subaru. However, it turned out that the towing company was reluctant to tow my car to SG if I do not pay them first. He also said I can always settle with Subaru later. Given my situation I have no choice but to follow what the towing company said and trust that it can be billed to Subaru subsequently. Nonetheless, in the end, Subaru Sg doesn't recognise this.

• Subaru might not want to compensate on the repair fee as he said that my car's warranty was just over for a month [:|] (Given my case, I feel that it is the SG Subaru's negligence to service my car or manufacturing fault especially after reading some posts and example by some bros here)
I also told them that incident happened (engine stalled) when the car was at 110km/hr and told them to do thorough check on my car after repair, esp at the speed of 110km/hr). To my surprise,the customer service officer told me that they have no opportunity and capability to test the car at the speed of 110 km/hr in Sg. Frankly, I am very unsatisfied with this reason.
Till today, no progress and answer from Subaru SG on what goes wrong with my car!
I am clueless and worried even my car is repaired finally, since they do not have the capability to test my car at 110 km/h, it will be very dangerous to me and the passengers. After all, I almost got killed/injured due to this engine stalled issue.

Hi Brother,

I can share and understand your frustration.

Similar things happened to my chevy optra back in 2005 (thereabout)...GM had just introduced that vehicle in Singapore and I bought one to replace my Honda VTI. The car was heavy and very steady..

After taking over the car in Jan 2005, anything that could go wrong,, had gone wrong (Murphy's Law)....

In short, the followings WERE changed

1) aircon blower unit (replaced 2x or 3x)

2) Throttle went haywire upon starting the engine ( RPM will shoot to 2000 rpm upon starting),, they kept reprograming the ECU

3) fuel sensor went haywire.... tank is full...but gage indicate half or quarter tank.

The above 3 incidents had led to my car being a regular guest at their workshop in Ubi. and I had to activate their 24 hrs breakdown service numerous time, till the workshop supervisors knew my car so well...that upon a call and mentioned of my carplate...they would say "Orh, u r the one that stay in xxxx... black color car, rite?" LOL

Final straw was fifth mths into the ownership,,, the engine light was on in the morning...but I didn't bother,,,and continue to drive to work.

When I returned home..activated their breakdown service again.... the guy came over....check and check with their gadget...and told me one of the fuel injectors was spoilt...and he told me it was one in a million !!! He said cant do much...must tow the car back to workshop.. so after watching my 5 mths old car being towed out of my carpark...very pissed off..

called up the sales guy to fxxk him upside down for selling me a lemon car... then decided to drop a mail to GM...but couldn't find the right email address...ended up sending the mail to the General Mgr of the Thai factory where the car was assembled.... My colleague knew someone from GM Singapore...also dropped an email..

The car was repaired and the ECU/M (brain of the car) was replaced ( I had suspected that unit was faulty, but GM refused to change)... everything was done nicely... as a result of those emails...met up with GM representative and the local agent top mgt..

was given full warranty and free servicing till end of COE....but sold off the car few years later due to the need for more space..

So, if u think the local agent is not paying enough attention to your issue, drop a mail to Subaru Japan ,,,address it to the President or General Mgr ( whoever is the highest rank).... u should get some of reply from them...else ...lan lan lor.....

Cheers.,

• Praise 3

Hi Brother,

I can share and understand your frustration.

Similar things happened to my chevy optra back in 2005 (thereabout)...GM had just introduced that vehicle in Singapore and I bought one to replace my Honda VTI. The car was heavy and very steady..

After taking over the car in Jan 2005, anything that could go wrong,, had gone wrong (Murphy's Law)....

In short, the followings WERE changed

1) aircon blower unit (replaced 2x or 3x)

2) Throttle went haywire upon starting the engine ( RPM will shoot to 2000 rpm upon starting),, they kept reprograming the ECU

3) fuel sensor went haywire.... tank is full...but gage indicate half or quarter tank.

The above 3 incidents had led to my car being a regular guest at their workshop in Ubi. and I had to activate their 24 hrs breakdown service numerous time, till the workshop supervisors knew my car so well...that upon a call and mentioned of my carplate...they would say "Orh, u r the one that stay in xxxx... black color car, rite?" LOL

Final straw was fifth mths into the ownership,,, the engine light was on in the morning...but I didn't bother,,,and continue to drive to work.

When I returned home..activated their breakdown service again.... the guy came over....check and check with their gadget...and told me one of the fuel injectors was spoilt...and he told me it was one in a million !!! He said cant do much...must tow the car back to workshop.. so after watching my 5 mths old car being towed out of my carpark...very pissed off..

called up the sales guy to fxxk him upside down for selling me a lemon car... then decided to drop a mail to GM...but couldn't find the right email address...ended up sending the mail to the General Mgr of the Thai factory where the car was assembled.... My colleague knew someone from GM Singapore...also dropped an email..

The car was repaired and the ECU/M (brain of the car) was replaced ( I had suspected that unit was faulty, but GM refused to change)... everything was done nicely... as a result of those emails...met up with GM representative and the local agent top mgt..

was given full warranty and free servicing till end of COE....but sold off the car few years later due to the need for more space..

So, if u think the local agent is not paying enough attention to your issue, drop a mail to Subaru Japan ,,,address it to the President or General Mgr ( whoever is the highest rank).... u should get some of reply from them...else ...lan lan lor.....

Cheers.,

Thanks for sharing, bro.

Yes, I will do the necessary if I need to....

Was told of a story, don't know true or not.

A Legacy bought from MI and serviced under there, after a major servicing, lost a lot of power. So the owner went back, bang table, because it is a new car. After in and out like 3-4 times. MI sent to outside workshops to see what can be done. After passing it to the 2nd or 3rd workshop, the external workshop boss also find it strange. If disconnect battery and reset ECU it's fine, drive after a while, no power. He got dissed and start to dissassemble engine.. and realise.. knn, the MI mechanic timing belt change set the timing wrongly!!! If it was off a bit more, the engine would have blown! He solved the problem, passed it back to MI. He didn't tell MI the actual cause, because he felt that if he did, the mechanic responsible sure will get fired.

In summary, it could be some stupid thing that's done wrongly during servicing. So do consider going to an outside workshop instead of wasting time if you have no more warranty. But frankly was quite impressed with MI after hearing the story cause at least they really did bother trying to solve the problem instead of just brushing the Legacy guy away.

• Praise 1

A Legacy bought from MI and serviced under there, after a major servicing, lost a lot of power. So the owner went back, bang table, because it is a new car. After in and out like 3-4 times. MI sent to outside workshops to see what can be done. After passing it to the 2nd or 3rd workshop, the external workshop boss also find it strange. If disconnect battery and reset ECU it's fine, drive after a while, no power. He got dissed and start to dissassemble engine.. and realise.. knn, the MI mechanic timing belt change set the timing wrongly!!! If it was off a bit more, the engine would have blown! He solved the problem, passed it back to MI. He didn't tell MI the actual cause, because he felt that if he did, the mechanic responsible sure will get fired.

In summary, it could be some stupid thing that's done wrongly during servicing. So do consider going to an outside workshop instead of wasting time if you have no more warranty. But frankly was quite impressed with MI after hearing the story cause at least they really did bother trying to solve the problem instead of just brushing the Legacy guy away.

I think MI should seriously send their mechanics to Fuji Heavy Industries training,

otherwise Subaru reputation gone

• Praise 2

provided ig you can tahan clutch 100 times during peak hour driving. [smash] i had a manual fd 1 many years back. was quite fun but cannot take it during peak hour congestion.

I am driving a manual now. Newer cars clutch are so effortless compared to those in the 90s. So to me, I have no issue. Manual as I would like to put it, a truly customised transmission to suit any driving style. Want response and control you have it, want fuel economy, you can have it. Want very much slower creeping speed, also can have it. Till now, I can't think of any transmission that can give all these goodies at a much least maintenance and cheaper package other than manual.

• Praise 4

I am driving a manual now. Newer cars clutch are so effortless compared to those in the 90s. So to me, I have no issue. Manual as I would like to put it, a truly customised transmission to suit any driving style. Want response and control you have it, want fuel economy, you can have it. Want very much slower creeping speed, also can have it. Till now, I can't think of any transmission that can give all these goodies at a much least maintenance and cheaper package other than manual.

I am one of the few who find that It is far easier to drive a manual in gridlocked traffic than a auto tranny. I just don't understand how others can feel leg cramp. In fact, auto will leave your right leg super tired and cramped as you need to use it to hold the brake to prevent it from moving, then when you need to creep forward, you can't release all also, you still need to modulate the brake pressure to control the creep........ Everything is right leg control. For manual, at least left and right is evenly used.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 2

hmm.. servicing of timing belt for a new car? i thought usually timing belt is like 60k onwards?

• Praise 2

I am also a supporter of manual car. Too bad most car sold locally are auto only.

But the main point I cannot buy manual car even if available here becuase CO licence is 3A [:/]

• Praise 1

I am also a supporter of manual car. Too bad most car sold locally are auto only.

But the main point I cannot buy manual car even if available here becuase CO licence is 3A [:/]

Woman has more flexible legs than guys, it's a matter whether they want anot....

Tell her, driving manual will fully utilise her both legs, tone them properly and evenly. Drive auto, used too much right leg, one leg skinny one leg like elephant leg. Let her choose.

Edited by Kangadrool
↡ Advertisement