Where to do stainless steel brake hose?

Tweakmax2

Neutral Newbie

most car accessory shop/ workshop will have.

Can see magazine like option, hotstuff for reference.

just call up and ask if got stock for your car model and how much. diff brand diff price.

Dun change. Leave as is. I did to my alfa, it has to be replaced 3 times due to leakage. I did to my lex and again after a few months, it leaked - due to tha braided hoses are stiff and if not installed properly, when you turn the steering wheel, there is a lot of bending and pulling which causes leak. So with my current performance ride, i still leave it stock.

Dun change. Leave as is. I did to my alfa, it has to be replaced 3 times due to leakage. I did to my lex and again after a few months, it leaked - due to tha braided hoses are stiff and if not installed properly, when you turn the steering wheel, there is a lot of bending and pulling which causes leak. So with my current performance ride, i still leave it stock.

Did you have it install on both occasions with the same installer / WS.. ?

Seems like they didn't do a good job or not skilled enough I reckon...

For SSBH, really need some skills... It's really dangerous if it goes haywire... [knife]

For your case, I believe it is the workmanship.

I did have SSBH before and used for a couple of years before I revert back to stock. There are a couple of other reasons for it . Personal Preference as well.

Anway, I had the following link (which I had posted before some years back in this forum) for your reading pleasure: http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Brake_Lines

If the replacement steel hose is same length as the original, it's the exact same holding points.

I don't see how it can leak or break due to steering wheel turning and suspension up/down.

Try VTTR ssbh at r**h tech, forgot the first name. So far never face any problem since installed... Can go check it out... IMHO

Mine car only front 2 is disc brake, want to have a better feel when depressing the brake

If you are kidding with us, this is ticklish. Any brake performance improvement with stainless steel hose/tube is like beauty to the beholder. I believe your car manufacturer knows a little more about their brakes. Any air bubbles in the hydraulic brake system must be bleed-off/evacuated to achieve that better feeling when you depressed the brake foot pedal.

In case you just wanted to spend some money on your car. Go for better tire.

Edited by Good-Carbuyer

How much does it cost to do stainless streel braided hose?

I've heard of it improving brake responsiveness as well as stability.

Unless your COE car got rotten brakes, there should not be noticeable improvement by changing to stainless steel braided hoses. You should invest in replacement brake master cyclinder, all wheel cyclinders, brake rotors...

Some people just assume/imagine they know more than car manufacturers about brakes.

Did you have it install on both occasions with the same installer / WS.. ?

Seems like they didn't do a good job or not skilled enough I reckon...

For SSBH, really need some skills... It's really dangerous if it goes haywire... [knife]

I believe some people do learned from mistake(s). Unfortunately, some like to pay for mistakes.

↡ Advertisement