Watches

Davidklt

Nice but I feel that it is abit too blink blink for work but depends what kind of industry, if wiping tables industry then definitely not suitable....

Hehe lucky this few years my job is using finger pointing @ people so can wear it daily..wen bought that time,watch mostly seat inside safe..

Already a few is inside safe,only wear not more than 5 times each..so those not so ex 1 must take out & wear,if not why spend so much on watchs for what..

↡ Advertisement

Hehe lucky this few years my job is using finger pointing @ people so can wear it daily..wen bought that time,watch mostly seat inside safe..

Already a few is inside safe,only wear not more than 5 times each..so those not so ex 1 must take out & wear,if not why spend so much on watchs for what..

Ya I also feel so....must wear it sometimes to enjoy it la....unless you really keeping it as a collection or investment....

should be in the region of 7K to 11k for non chrono and chrono respectively

Thanks! Doesn't the cartier remain value as well as rolex? I remember got this limited edition blue cartier rolex sub selling for 30K....

I dislike the vintage blue dial and the diamond markers and aftermarket bezel.

very People's Park, Chinatown

sorry just voicing my opinion.

To each of his own liking,for u wan everything plain & original so wen sell that time can fetch a better price but for me is I never sell watch,all the years my Rolex never sell,me only buy..

Maybe I need those gold colour+bling bling to bring out my dark colour skin.. :D

Thanks! Doesn't the cartier remain value as well as rolex? I remember got this limited edition blue cartier rolex sub selling for 30K....

Correct me if I am wrong, Cartier doesn't have its own movement and thus doesn't retain its value well

nice white gold Daytona.

White gold daytona has 2 dead giveaways. First, the numerical index markers as opposed to the stainless steel's plain index markers. Second, the red chronograph hand and the red subdial hands.

I thought that should be very clear to so-called rolex fans. And i don't even like rolex, myself.

Correct me if I am wrong, Cartier doesn't have its own movement and thus doesn't retain its value well

Lots of watches don't have their own movement.

The early out of production Panerai also do not have their own movement but their resale prices are very high now. The current low to mid priced IWC right now also do not have their own movement. Both these brands utilise the reliale workhorse 7750 movement for their non in-house watches.

The Rolex Daytona used to house a Zenith chronograph movement called the El Primero. Now those examples are trading for high prices.

The AP Royal Oak 15202 used a JLC movement, while owning a large stake in the JLC watchmaking company.

That the Cartiers do not retain their value well is not a result of them having non in-house movement. It is because Cartier are first and foremost jewellers rather than watchmakers. It is the same thing with Bvlgari and Tiffany. These brands do produce classics such as the Tank Francaise and the Santos, both of my wife's favourite daily watches, and the Bvlgari-Bvlgari, but ltimately they are remembered more for their jewellery than watches.

Yup, I believe so, Rolex probably just tied up with Cartier to add some finishing touches to it...

Lots of watches don't have their own movement.

The early out of production Panerai also do not have their own movement but their resale prices are very high now. The current low to mid priced IWC right now also do not have their own movement. Both these brands utilise the reliale workhorse 7750 movement for their non in-house watches.

The Rolex Daytona used to house a Zenith chronograph movement called the El Primero. Now those examples are trading for high prices.

The AP Royal Oak 15202 used a JLC movement, while owning a large stake in the JLC watchmaking company.

That the Cartiers do not retain their value well is not a result of them having non in-house movement. It is because Cartier are first and foremost jewellers rather than watchmakers. It is the same thing with Bvlgari and Tiffany. These brands do produce classics such as the Tank Francaise and the Santos, both of my wife's favourite daily watches, and the Bvlgari-Bvlgari, but ltimately they are remembered more for their jewellery than watches.

Good to have someone here with real knowledge....

Corrections. It is SS not white gold.

surprise surprise....heh heh.

9 out of 10 say it is WG and we all know why. ssshhh secret.

You clearly have some knowledge of Daytona series

As mentioned I paid $17,800 brand new from Watch palace in 2006.

WG would be >$23k at that time...

WG has numerical indices and red chronograph hands all around lah.

What knowledge of Daytona series. It is obvious differences to anyone who can be bothered.

Just because you put it on a black strap doesn't mean it is white gold. Unless you like to fool little kids.

Where do you work? Orchard towers or lavender?

SMRT HQ Security Officer..only using finger to guild driver to correct parking lot..had request to transfer to wash our CEO SAW Ferrari but was rejected [:(]

To each of his own liking,for u wan everything plain & original so wen sell that time can fetch a better price but for me is I never sell watch,all the years my Rolex never sell,me only buy..

Maybe I need those gold colour+bling bling to bring out my dark colour skin.. :D

For dark colour skin, easy. Just look at what those famous hip hop superstars and basketball players wear.

AP AP AP AP AP AP AP

SMRT HQ Security Officer..only using finger to guild driver to correct parking lot..had request to transfer to wash our CEO SAW Ferrari but was rejected [:(]

She scared your diamond rolex will scratch her ferrari paintwork.

↡ Advertisement