Kindness Begets Kindness

Atonchia

Turbocharged

So how for for that lady that says This coffee taste like horse piss?

$25? $50? $100?

:D

the service staff will piss on her face to help her decide which is more authentic!!!?? [grin]

the one thing most people forget -

You cannot control how others behave, you can only control your own actions and reactions.

Many people also don't understand what I think of as cosmic magnetic forces - you attract to yourself the service you expect in the proportion to how you behave...

behave like a "bad customer" you will get treated badly,

appreciate the service - you will get appreciative service

Focus on the bad, the bad will happen to you

Enjoy the good, good things will come your way...

it sounds really corny, but for me - it really does seem to work this way.

I very very seldom experience bad service, or service that upsets me

No leh,, the few regular kopi places i go to have service staff who will ignore the kindness of the customers, but repay them with rudeness, maybe these are the exceptions?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Another case was related to me by my boss. He and a friend were waiting for the doors to open

to dissembark the aircraft when his friend started to switch on his handphone and the steward

shouted at him - you cannot switch on your phone until you are inside the terminal.

And his friend a local shot back to the steward - why you shout at me and not shout at him,

pointing to a caucasian gentleman who also switched on his handphone at the same

time in full view of the steward - is it because I am Chinese?

So yes some people always do get nicer treatment but not always because they are nice,

could be the colour of their skin.

Maybe this has to do with pre-employment medical checks: colour blind job applicants for service crews are rejected?? [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop] They should reverse this employment criteria.

If bowing three times japanise style gives me free kopi, i will do it every morning

Just have to choose any Japanese MNC that supply coffee I'm pantry.

Then you may get to bow many times and free coffee.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Just have to choose any Japanese MNC that supply coffee I'm pantry.

Then you may get to bow many times and free coffee.

LOL, can also!

But i worry even meetings must also bow, and bow.... bo hua liao... [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

i realise i'm more courteous when i'm abroad. It could be because your deed is properly thanked and you feel appreciated.

Over here, I'm surprised if i get eye contact for giving up mrt seat, let alone a thanks. I do good deeds with a grunt here. More for my karma than that human in need.

• Praise 4

(edited)

Then I shall say : Kon nichiwa, Kōhī Siu Tai de onegaishimasu, Domo Arigatou Gozaimasu.

Still pay 5$ cos no translator n they can't understd jap or foreign lang lol.

Ah hia ah, Kiang dio ho mai gay kiang!

Worst, later the svc staff says 打倒日本鬼子!

Edited by Fuelsaver
  • Praise 6

Should just say: Lang lui (pretty girl), gum yak ho lang wor (today very pretty wor), zing pui kopi leh yam lah (make a cup kopi come drink lah) hahahaha

First ji pun, now canto. Can learn many lang or dialect in this thread. Wat next?

Sawadeekrup... Kopkhunkrup... Sweemakmak, but don't say paeng.

i realise i'm more courteous when i'm abroad. It could be because your deed is properly thanked and you feel appreciated.

Over here, I'm surprised if i get eye contact for giving up mrt seat, let alone a thanks. I do good deeds with a grunt here. More for my karma than that human in need.

Perhaps a mix of survival instinct?

If bowing three times japanise style gives me free kopi, i will do it every morning

Er, here diff culture, u bow, they throw u out, cos u treat them like demised.
  • Praise 4

Hi Karoon,

Give your seat to me in Singapore and I am sure you are rewarded with my hardest hug :wub:[inlove][laugh]

• Praise 1

There is a place to drink free kopi, lim ko pi at ISD :D

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Oh Ya..... hahhaaaa... forgot. [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Oh Ya..... hahhaaaa... forgot. [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

• Praise 2

I go kopi tiam I just say

"eh, kopi zit buay"

I only need to pay $1.20

That place say so many things to say and still need to pay $2 <_<

down there expresso gourmet coffee, your is kopi zui...

your kopitiam for Kopi Tit Lo see how much ah ? If cheaper, than I join you for MU there :wub:

because you in foreign land and you do what the romans do.

Here in Sgp foreigners are told by garment just be themselves and Sinkies are to reflect and accept.

• Praise 5

Supercharged

The idea is simple. If the customer greets the staff, he or she will get a discount for coffee.

The going rates for coffee at the Kindness Cafe are:

• For saying “Good afternoon! One coffee, please. Thank you”, the customer pays $2
  • For saying “Please” only, the customer pays $4
  • Otherwise, the customer pays $5

The first hundred customers to compliment the cafe staff will even get a free loaf of Gardenia wholemeal bread.

The beverages are sponsored by Jewel Coffee.

The media reported that one banker, Hwang Jien Lit, 31, said, “I tried to get a bigger discount by adding ‘super please’ but it did not work.”

“I usually do say ‘please’ to service staff but if they are rude to me, I do not say ‘thank you’,” Mr Hwang added.

It is part of SKM’s effort to promote mutual respect and courtesy between service staff and customers.

I only noticed Banker Hwang. @ss-uhim he super polite, he pay $2 n he want to dangle for more discount. Or he cld humble himself n pay a compliment to get the bread. Stretch his $$ n he can hv bread for bfast, lunch n dinner.

Ör they cld go the extra mile n put up a signage to direct likeminded to the nearest kopitiam for those budget is less than $2.

• Praise 3

I also had very good service at Changi airport, so good that I didn't have to queue.

I was walking to a check in counter in front of my colleague from Korea.

A nice gentleman in a very smart uniform said to my colleague - Sir you don't need to queue

and invited him to the first class counter. So I reversed and followed him and said

to the nice man, I also don't need to queue as I am with him.

My colleague and one both had the same economy ticket, bought from the same travel agent

at the same price so why the preferential treatment for him? Only cos he was from abroad.

Another case was related to me by my boss. He and a friend were waiting for the doors to open

to dissembark the aircraft when his friend started to switch on his handphone and the steward

shouted at him - you cannot switch on your phone until you are inside the terminal.

And his friend a local shot back to the steward - why you shout at me and not shout at him,

pointing to a caucasian gentleman who also switched on his handphone at the same

time in full view of the steward - is it because I am Chinese?

So yes some people always do get nicer treatment but not always because they are nice,

could be the colour of their skin.

Wow that's a lot of money they offered you.

They never offered me a dime.

that is true.

there's still alot of ppl with colonial complex out there

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

down there expresso gourmet coffee, your is kopi zui...

your kopitiam for Kopi Tit Lo see how much ah ? If cheaper, than I join you for MU there :wub:

because you in foreign land and you do what the romans do.

Here in Sgp foreigners are told by garment just be themselves and Sinkies are to reflect and accept.

My real blood brother must be a supporter of garment idea of "Just be yourself when you are a guest" coz he everytime sits my car he everytime guaranteed sure farks when I am driving!! My car, not his, leh!!!

• Praise 3

a smile abroad is v different from here

it can let people friend more appreciated..maybe will have a free drink if u eat in the restuarant

here is people tot crazy people smiling at me for nothing..LOL

• Praise 5