Need comments on noise problem

Windcloud03

Dear experts,

I am a newbie in car servicing but mine is a 2nd hand 3 yo Honda Stream RSZ.

My ride is usually bumpy and I can feel the noise within the car if going up to 80+ kph.

Is it due to the suspension, vibration in the tyres (have changed since last servicing in July) or soundproofing problems?

Please give me your comments.

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

hard to guess without you describing what kind of noise you're referring to...

but since you mentioned "bumpy," are your tyres pumped higher than recommended? If so, can try pumping less air...

Oh yes, forgot to describe the noise.

It's like engine coupled with tyre sounds, seems either soundproofing is not so good or something is wrong with the tyres.

My service guy told me 34psi for front and 32 for back wheels.

The noise is like those you hear during plane takeoff.

Thinking to get the cars serviced again...changed to Goodyear soft tyres at Huat Lee because of this problem during last servicing.

Edited by Windcloud03

The noise is like those you hear during plane takeoff.

Thinking to get the cars serviced again...changed to Goodyear soft tyres at Huat Lee because of this problem during last servicing.

goodyear got alot of model leh, maybe u can name your model, and wong wong sound anormal sound, should be either bearing or tyres, can alway go to your trusted car workshop to check.

Edited by Beregond

mech told me that my rear axle seal gave way, oil leaking and i didnt notice. drive until piang! [:(] mrt so jiat lat, 3800 i pay. lan lan. mustank must go on!

some chaps help me to push one side but cannot move. truck refuse to budge. but i put neutral and release hand brake liao leh. later in workshop also cannot push. definately signs of rear axle jam up. but when jack up, rear wheels can turn manually leh [confused]

mech told me that my rear axle seal gave way, oil leaking and i didnt notice. drive until piang! [:(] mrt so jiat lat, 3800 i pay. lan lan. mustank must go on!

some chaps help me to push one side but cannot move. truck refuse to budge. but i put neutral and release hand brake liao leh. later in workshop also cannot push. definately signs of rear axle jam up. but when jack up, rear wheels can turn manually leh [confused]

weight of your tank on the axle bearings, causing the worn axle bearings to lock up along its interference parts. Once lifted up, almost no weight on bearing, it will be easier to turn. Mustank axle so expensive? Must change whole axle? Is it 4wd? u changing the differentials is it? [:(]

weight of your tank on the axle bearings, causing the worn axle bearings to lock up along its interference parts. Once lifted up, almost no weight on bearing, it will be easier to turn. Mustank axle so expensive? Must change whole axle? Is it 4wd? u changing the differentials is it? [:(]

lucky i bought the 2 wheel drive version (rear wheel drive). mech told me that the whole axle gone case, must change everything. only thing no need to change is the axle housing. because no one hold stock such a rare breakdown item in SG, they got to DHL from korea. [bigcry][bigcry] $3800 [bigcry][bigcry]

But when no breakdown, i one person can physically push mustank for short distances.

That suxs bro. $3800 is a lot of money!

i really lan lan. these few days i take mrt, bring those insane power torchlight and wear combat boots [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

No symptoms before it breaks down? Should have right?

got some low noise but i didnt know so serious. when the noise became very loud, it was too late [:(]