Pioneer circus roundabout

Deckbuild

Just want to clarify, the pioneer Circus is a big round having 3 lane entrance from most direction.

Depends on which exit, if I'm exiting 3rd one I will normally enter the roundabout from the inner most lane.

We all know when we travel shorter distance at inner circle. If The car that enters the roundabout at the same time as me using center lane he will be slower than me and end up at my back by the 3rd exit.

My question here is, as the roundabout does not have lane marking and I am signaling and inching out after the 2nd exit to the 3rd exit as I'm heading into the third lane of pioneer road north, the same car behind me at about 1 car length starts to pick up speed and horn his way to get out of the way. Would like to know am I in the wrong or I should exit into the 2nd lane of pioneer road north since he speed up.

↡ Advertisement

if you want to exit at 3rd exit from your current position, keep to the right lane...if you come from pioneer road north, there are 3 lanes into the circle, the left most lane only goes to AYE....

many people dunno how to negotiate the round-about...even if they keep to the right lane, they expect those on the left to give way when they want to exit...

Keep going round and round and slowly cut outwards lor... quite a treacherous spot as you have cars, motorbikes and heavy vehicles all at once... usually at different speeds lol

if you want to exit at 3rd exit from your current position, keep to the right lane...if you come from pioneer road north, there are 3 lanes into the circle, the left most lane only goes to AYE....

many people dunno how to negotiate the round-about...even if they keep to the right lane, they expect those on the left to give way when they want to exit...

Yep, I enter from the right lane, didnt expect the car to give way, but also didnt expect he will speed up when it comes to the exit. All the while he was behind me, moreover I'm already inching to the left already to show my intention that I want to exit to the left most lane.

Yep, I enter from the right lane, didnt expect the car to give way, but also didnt expect he will speed up when it comes to the exit. All the while he was behind me, moreover I'm already inching to the left already to show my intention that I want to exit to the left most lane.

i take the same round-about every day to and from work...just keep eyes open lor...and signal correctly

i take the same round-about every day to and from work...just keep eyes open lor...and signal correctly

Driving is getting more stressful with many TP wannabe.

I think the round about rule is watch out the traffic from your right.

Once you enter the round about, you should not worry too much about the traffic from your back, just signal early and drive as per normal.

I always enter AYE and back to Pioneer using Pioneer circus, it works for me.

Pioneer circus is nothing.. Newton circus is what gets me nervous everytime.. Especially at Scotts Road exit.. [laugh]

many idoits there cause me to horn and swerve and make an extra round...

Just want to clarify, the pioneer Circus is a big round having 3 lane entrance from most direction.

Depends on which exit, if I'm exiting 3rd one I will normally enter the roundabout from the inner most lane.

We all know when we travel shorter distance at inner circle. If The car that enters the roundabout at the same time as me using center lane he will be slower than me and end up at my back by the 3rd exit.

My question here is, as the roundabout does not have lane marking and I am signaling and inching out after the 2nd exit to the 3rd exit as I'm heading into the third lane of pioneer road north, the same car behind me at about 1 car length starts to pick up speed and horn his way to get out of the way. Would like to know am I in the wrong or I should exit into the 2nd lane of pioneer road north since he speed up.

I drive there everyday, take the LEFT lane, and signal intent, if you stay on the RIGHT lane and wanna move out, you will be trapped by some idiots who they themselves don't know how the circle really works, stay outer, easier to turn out, cos if you kana big vehicles, you have to go one round again to exit.

The best is you keep to the most LEFT lane and just follow the traffic until your exit......

no need to fear anything, no need to scare cars behind or besides you......

Why do u want to keep on right lane and panic when u are about to exit???

I drive there everyday, take the LEFT lane, and signal intent, if you stay on the RIGHT lane and wanna move out, you will be trapped by some idiots who they themselves don't know how the circle really works, stay outer, easier to turn out, cos if you kana big vehicles, you have to go one round again to exit.

Just dive in. Things will work out. [laugh][laugh]

The best is you keep to the most LEFT lane and just follow the traffic until your exit......

no need to fear anything, no need to scare cars behind or besides you......

Why do u want to keep on right lane and panic when u are about to exit???

you mean stick to most left even when exiting 2nd or 3rd exit, even so in a lane after you exited that is 2 or 3 lanes??

[confused] Can share with us since when that place got 3 entrances? Many years back I work around there, and there were more than 3 entrances.

A vehicle in Lane 2 got longer distance to travel around a bigger diameter circle, than one in Lane 1. But need not be slower than the one in Lane 1 if the Lane 2 vehicle driver is able to make use of the bigger turning radius available, with higher travelling speed.

It would be clearer to display a plan of the route of your choice, with details like any signalling applied/used.

Being tooted horn by any vehicle need not meant you are wrong. He may just wanted to keep you posted/alert that he was on your left. Worst scenario will be he really was in the wrong lane instead (he wanted to U-turn back where you both came from).

[shakehead]

What I normally try to do is:-

I right signalled before entering the circus, so that vehicles directly behind knows I have no intention to egress at 1st and 2nd Exits . Upon entering the circus when the traffic allows, I left signal, and start filtering left if the traffic allows, into Lane 2 position by the 1st Exit. Repeat to arrive at 2nd Exit. Signal and egress at 3rd Exit. Cancel signal thereafter (I am not Driving Instructor).

↡ Advertisement