Who bought SMRT's shares?

AhJason

So good huh ph34r.gifph34r.gif

Read here: http://unbrandedbreadnbutter.wordpress.com...he-wrong-track/

SMRT’s Dividend Policy

SMRT has a policy that guides it to distribute at least 60% of their profits as dividends. In fact, it has consistently (since 2006) distributed about 75% or more of their profits. For example, in 2010, it earned 10.7c per share and distributed 8.5c as dividend, amounting to almost an 80% distribution of its profits. Hence, if SMRT consistently distributes most of its profits back to its shareholders, how much does it have to to competently maintain, renew, reinvest and innovate on its operations?? Does it then go against the whole purpose of why it was privatised in the first place? In the years when Singapore’s population was booming due to immigration policies, why didn’t SMRT retain and reinvest more of its profits rather than continue to distribute high dividends (and continue to stress the rail systems)??

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Privatising government assets/services without exposing them to market forces and genuine competition is a cynical political exercise. All it does is insulate politicians from negative publicity. There

Abit OT here but related la... :D

heard from my MIL that Teletext is phasing out from TV soon,any bros here can advise some good apps (mobile,tablet) or any website/software that can use for old folks? if can be easily understood and same format as Teletext would be good.. [rolleyes] paiseh super noobie here duno where to start finding. [:p]

Was thinking of linking the PC/tablet to my 32 inch TV as her eyesight not very good...

iPad. And bookmark SGX page on stock price for them.

Just did for my mom. A lot of old folks affected according to the Apple Store fella who attended to my mom.

heard from my MIL that Teletext is phasing out from TV soon,any bros here can advise some good apps (mobile,tablet) or any website/software that can use for old folks? if can be easily understood and same format as Teletext would be good.. [rolleyes] paiseh super noobie here duno where to start finding. [:p]

Was thinking of linking the PC/tablet to my 32 inch TV as her eyesight not very good...

Bloomberg, mark to market features, everyday I check my P&L. LOL

iPad. And bookmark SGX page on stock price for them.

Just did for my mom. A lot of old folks affected according to the Apple Store fella who attended to my mom.

not really keen on ipad le, as i am more of android supporter.. :D

but might look into it if its more user friendly as old folks tend to be more resistant towards computers... [rolleyes]

means can go apple store to enquire?

Subscribe to Starhub TV at home?

100% perfect SIL [thumbsup] I'm not alone [laugh]

So good until got removed as one of the components of the STI...I bought at $2.10 n sold at $1.42...held them longer than I should thinking I could keep them for the dividend...but even the recent dividend was pathetic. At least I learnt my lesson.

not really keen on ipad le, as i am more of android supporter.. :D

but might look into it if its more user friendly as old folks tend to be more resistant towards computers... [rolleyes]

means can go apple store to enquire?

The best is let your parents decide bec they are the ones using. I'm neutral between android and iOS.

I brought my mom to Samsung and apple store to let her choose.

One thing, apple store has better "old folks" support. My mom opted for that and she finds iOS less confusing.

actually i dun wan to reply to tis thread... but i find ur link up and down still cant find where in the world got write they set budget for maintanence??? [confused] [confused] [confused]

ha ha sorry...the link is government RAISE public transport fare, say $$$ not enough to manintain ha ha ha

Bot long ago but didnt sell all when it tumbled.

Now LL holding with big paper loss.

All becos of that nincompoop of a CEO .

Useless nevermind still so ugly. Pwui!

↡ Advertisement