Malaysia : Road Trip to Cameron Highlands

1fast1

June will be warm. Best time to visit is this few months.

Ya, i went in June last year. Not cold at all, no need sweater during the day time. Cool only - just nice. Occasion short showers. I took the new road up and down, have to travel further 10-15mins before going up the hill. The new road is not windy and look safe to me.

I also find staying at Brinchang better cos got pasar malam and attractions.

Do go to the Boh tea plantation. Very good experience. Try not to go to the tea plantation during peak hours as the road is very very narrow, cannot accomodate 2 vehicles at one time. One vehicle has to stop to give way to other vehicle. I was so scare when we went down cos massive jam, we have to keep stopping to give way to the other direction vehicles as they were nearer to the edge of the cliff.

You can go Strawberry farm, eat charcoal steamboat, morning market, pasar malam. Bee farm nothing one, don't waste your time. Go Big Red Strawberry Farm at Brinchang, is free admission.

BTW, i saw a Petronas station at Brinchang near pasar malam.

Edited by Dleodleo
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Eh.... what is there to plan???

If got GPS... lagi simpler.....

All you need is to book your rooms, figure how to get to hotel and that's all......... the rest is all straight forward..... only one main road up & down from Brinchang to Ringlet passing Tanah Rata town inbetween. Most attractions are within this stretch.

bro, need to plan leave n all. cos intending to drive up with abt 4 families. by plan i mean need to see when the other ppl r free to go n stuff. some may also need to save up cos just went for year end holidays.

b ready to get qns from me. [blush][:p]

No problem . Let me know what information you need and will try my best to answer .

bro, need to plan leave n all. cos intending to drive up with abt 4 families. by plan i mean need to see when the other ppl r free to go n stuff. some may also need to save up cos just went for year end holidays.

b ready to get qns from me. [blush][:p]

Ya, i went in June last year. Not cold at all, no need sweater during the day time. Cool only - just nice. Occasion short showers. I took the new road up and down, have to travel further 10-15mins before going up the hill. The new road is not windy and look safe to me.

I also find staying at Brinchang better cos got pasar malam and attractions.

Do go to the Boh tea plantation. Very good experience. Try not to go to the tea plantation during peak hours as the road is very very narrow, cannot accomodate 2 vehicles at one time. One vehicle has to stop to give way to other vehicle. I was so scare when we went down cos massive jam, we have to keep stopping to give way to the other direction vehicles as they were nearer to the edge of the cliff.

You can go Strawberry farm, eat charcoal steamboat, morning market, pasar malam. Bee farm nothing one, don't waste your time. Go Big Red Strawberry Farm at Brinchang, is free admission.

BTW, i saw a Petronas station at Brinchang near pasar malam.

There are 2 Boh tea plantations at Cameron. One at Habu, apparently they call it Fairlie (Slightly further up Lakehouse) and one more near Gunang Brinchang, called Sungai Palas.

Here, just found this. Quite accurate map except you can't see the contours. http://boh.com.my/wrb01.html

Baravian, did you visit the peak of CH near the BOH at Gunang Brinchang?

Along the way to BOH (small narrow road) T-off Left? I did not manage to reach the peak due to rain and construction that day.

On the way to peak, looking backward has a good view of BOH plantation and the caferteria. If you're at BOH cafeteria, over looking to the plantation, the peak is on the left

of the utmost mountain. I met 4 european walking down from peak with soiled legs.

They claimed impossible for my car to go up due to construction and rain. Very slippery for car.

Edited by Tcx607

sorry just a noob question. will be driving up CH end Feb. first time going via JPS. Not too sure if the JPS will bring me there via the Pulai Simpang mentioned.

Would like to check, will I drive thru KL Sungei Besi?

sian...plan to go didnt materialise... BIL cant stand long drive cos of back pain...another one driving small car...not confident can reach.

sian...plan to go didnt materialise... BIL cant stand long drive cos of back pain...another one driving small car...not confident can reach.

all car can reach. just a matter of wat speed and how long only [:)]

sorry just a noob question. will be driving up CH end Feb. first time going via JPS. Not too sure if the JPS will bring me there via the Pulai Simpang mentioned.

Would like to check, will I drive thru KL Sungei Besi?

Not necessary to go through KL.

Use E6 to go around.

all car can reach. just a matter of wat speed and how long only [:)]

yeah la...but they say too slow later wont b comfortable. looks like cameron trip will hv to b shelved forever.....unless they change car. :D

gd tips n recommendations! thks guys. thinking agn, i might plan the trip for the june holidays instead. cos march is only 2 mths away...dont think will hv enuf time to plan. must read agn n list down all the tips.

The AAS is having a trip there this 10/3-15/3. They are headed to Ipoh/ Lost World of Tambun first before going to CH. Maybe you can join them - they will take car of all the planning, you just have to drive and enjoy the trip.. : )

Closing date for the trip is 13/2 (soon!)

www.aas.com.sg

Edited by Hotnyh

Hi,

The trip from Singapore to Cameroon is around 400 plus KM is you exit from Simpang Pulai new road up there and the road is good with 2 lane up and 2 lane down.If from old road will be shorter and to many turn and usually a lot of lorry use this old road.

500 odd to be exact. I drove up tapah which is nearer back in april

yeah la...but they say too slow later wont b comfortable. looks like cameron trip will hv to b shelved forever.....unless they change car. :D

I drove up to Cameron with my Pica b4.

Baravian, did you visit the peak of CH near the BOH at Gunang Brinchang?

Along the way to BOH (small narrow road) T-off Left? I did not manage to reach the peak due to rain and construction that day.

On the way to peak, looking backward has a good view of BOH plantation and the caferteria. If you're at BOH cafeteria, over looking to the plantation, the peak is on the left

of the utmost mountain. I met 4 european walking down from peak with soiled legs.

They claimed impossible for my car to go up due to construction and rain. Very slippery for car.

Yes, that is the Sungei Palas tea centre. The road is very narrow and only passable to one vehicle at some points but somehow, everyone manages to get pass each other, eventually. Would not want to be driving a too big car up there. I drove up in a Crossroad and was fine.

From the carpark, it is a short climb to the tea center. You can either take the paths or follow the service road if the condition is bad.

Yes, that is the Sungei Palas tea centre. The road is very narrow and only passable to one vehicle at some points but somehow, everyone manages to get pass each other, eventually. Would not want to be driving a too big car up there. I drove up in a Crossroad and was fine.

From the carpark, it is a short climb to the tea center. You can either take the paths or follow the service road if the condition is bad.

The peak is not at the tea center. Its entrance from the main read is the same. But instead of heading right at the fork to the plantation, take the left side and you will head up to the peak. Incline id about 20 deg towards the top. Just a road that terminates at a look out tower. If its a foggy or drizzly day, best to give it a miss as there's nothing else there if you can't see anything

↡ Advertisement