Ex-SMRT Staff on why SMRT kaput

Ahtong

You can reads more in the Internet, because we are having complete Black-out Sh.it Times News Paper for 46 years long.

I've boycotted ST/SPH for ages.

I get more info in MCF.

Somebody told me that some companies offer SMRT to upgrade their infra/system many years ago as it was getting old.

But SMRT rejected them all....I guess to save money.

So now we are seeing the result of such a decision.

What do u do if someone tell u to upgrade your car to one with

More airbag and better ncap rating.... U go ahead and do it or tell them wait a while lar, Coe so ex, current car still can run....

Frankly after-talk is cheap...

I'm not here to defend any one coz this is a systematic failure. It's cause not by one person but top to bottom and the regulator who places demand without knowing the downstream effect....

The one suffering are all users and frontline staffs....

I hope the below are not Hard Truth for this time being.

I am sure they are all sitting around a table figuring how to handle this politically. Some have bet on the SAF scholar to take the fall.

Yes, maybe they have a 10 years cycle. She was there to create the retail system to make it a well oil rental collection system.

Neglect the maintenance system. Thus when a new guy from a military background who has experience in running a discipline organisation, most probably will move to the job with applause rather than skepticism.

Those chiefs must go somewhere when they reached the mandatory retirement age of 45.

Edited by Atonchia

What do u do if someone tell u to upgrade your car to one with

More airbag and better ncap rating.... U go ahead and do it or tell them wait a while lar, Coe so ex, current car still can run....

Frankly after-talk is cheap...

I'm not here to defend any one coz this is a systematic failure. It's cause not by one person but top to bottom and the regulator who places demand without knowing the downstream effect....

The one suffering are all users and frontline staffs....

Not too right in your analogy. SMRT gets money from commuters, so its main priority is to ensure safe ride and reasonable service provided to the public, that's why is called public transport. This does not apply to car owners.

Not too right in your analogy. SMRT gets money from commuters, so its main priority is to ensure safe ride and reasonable service provided to the public, that's why is called public transport. This does not apply to car owners.

Smrt is listed....And pay dividend

Yeah, save that few cents, but spend that thousands to repair.

Those in the engineering line knows that maintenance cannot be avoided or skimmed, the furthest one can go is to squeeze the part out by another max 5% from the rated MTBF.

Did anyone question her how she maintained her million dollar car?

Same standard as how the trains are maintained or she demands the best of the best parts?

Please lah.. where got spend thousands to maintain... They using some cable ties and problem is "fixed"!

Edited by Getzoooom

the focus is on generating profits

maintenance and servicing are most likely billed under their cost center, like any profit generating companies, fund ways to reduce costs and generate more revenue!

Guys, Do you still have the link to the reason why SMRT request for fare increase eariler this year.

Cant seem to find any one now

IIRC, one of the reason stated was due to increase in operational/Maintenace cost.

Anyone?

Guys, Do you still have the link to the reason why SMRT request for fare increase eariler this year.

IIRC, one of the reason stated was due to increase in operational/Maintenace cost.

Anyone?

not electricity go up meh? [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Yes, as a person or system get older, we go for check up, take supplements for health and vitality. So that we perform better. Last longer without COmplication later on.

Car wise, i change every 5-6years.. [laugh]

Cost cut millions on maintenance for what? Can use the money save to hire half naked men to carry her?

this is exactly why public transportation should never be privatised... karma, except the ppl who suffer are the commuters

Neutral Newbie

u talking about the track or the coo....both are in need of repair but only one is not in use! [laugh][laugh]

i apologise for the word "disuse" but then if it somehow, the statement has a double meaning, then its not so much of a fail hor?

Smrt is listed....And pay dividend

Not exactly, dividend can also be reduced when necessary. The ultimate intention is to justify that the top management deserved that kind of salary by announcing to shareholders it is making profit year on year. Shareholders did not know the ugly scene behind because they did not want to reflect issues that would affect their wallets.

Anyone?

maybe they wanted to say operation on the coo face n figure and the daily maintenance she would need to keep the plastics look fresh n brand new! [laugh] [laugh]

Yes, maybe they have a 10 years cycle. She was there to create the retail system to make it a well oil rental collection system.

Neglect the maintenance system. Thus when a new guy from a military background who has experience in running a discipline organisation, most probably will move to the job with applause rather than skepticism.

Those chiefs must go somewhere when they reached the mandatory retirement age of 45.

Don't be surprised if this incident had not happened, this woman might start to come out with another crazy idea of removing more seats on the train carriages to create retail outlets on the move.

i apologise for the word "disuse" but then if it somehow, the statement has a double meaning, then its not so much of a fail hor?

acctually i wasn't pointing to the word u used......sori hor......i was trying hard to crack a joke on the SAW. :ph34r:[wave] [wave]

↡ Advertisement