National Service in Singapore

Scb11980

Wait. Why don't need to carry sbo?

Play cheat?

1st pass of the course only no. 4. 2nd pass with sbo and 3rd pass with sbo, helmet and rifle. You should see the sargeants and encik do their soc test. Our CSM was like half dead during the 600m....whole company ji siao him because even his helmet was slanted like want to die like that....
↡ Advertisement

You don't get the beret unless you did the conversion course.

The signallers, MO, drivers etc all wear their service berets.

You don't automatically get the Red Beret..

Red beret must do 72km route march and do airborne course leh.. not suka suka can convert 1.. Why would anyone wanna convert to a commando unless that guy is planning to sign on??

• Praise 2

my friend was attached to Brunei as a driver for 1 yr. Our allowance back then was about $180.....his was $1600 with food and accomodation thrown in! Came back sg he bought an lc 125 full-cash! We were nsf....if regular.....wooh! the bundle will be much thicker!

He should top up his cpf

The chute must be partially deployed and higher impact. Compressed his height.

Sorry, shouldn't use this as a joke because they are people who suffered ankle and other injuries during airborne.

Should ask him to demonstrate the para drill.

You commando? you know the drill ah?? Pichiak lobang.. RED beret alert!!!

He should top up his cpf

xiao.....19 yo and it was 1986! Get the money and chiong......perm staffs knows where the good lobangs in Bandar Sri Begawan. Think it was the same year where one of the nsf perm staff driver was incapicated in an accident between his 3 tonner and a forklift, he told us the head was sliced of the neck. 31 yrs ago and we had then finished our Lancer so the accident is sketchy and blur! Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 1

I just learnt from one of my colleague that he never went thru BMT before. He was Pes C with a history of broken arm when he was due for NS. SAF sent him to some IT unit and he everyday sit in aircon room maintain computers. He never was sent to BMT, he reported straight to that unit and serve his 2 years there. No night duty, no overseas posting, no need go for exercise, just report to the office 8 to 5 and weekday only. He say sibei song for his NS stint.

Now he wana sign on at 29 years old, CMPB guy told him that he has to start from BMT!!! He need to up his Pes status also.

First time I heard no need go thru BMT one. He was not any white horse.

I just learnt from one of my colleague that he never went thru BMT before. He was Pes C with a history of broken arm when he was due for NS. SAF sent him to some IT unit and he everyday sit in aircon room maintain computers. He never was sent to BMT, he reported straight to that unit and serve his 2 years there. No night duty, no overseas posting, no need go for exercise, just report to the office 8 to 5 and weekday only. He say sibei song for his NS stint.

Now he wana sign on at 29 years old, CMPB guy told him that he has to start from BMT!!! He need to up his Pes status also.

Probably some one mixed up his docket. Then realise it too late. Maybe only discovered when he was about to ORD from full time NS. If schedule him to BMT may create more problem for everyone. So, sweep under the carpet and everybody song song gao Jurong

Then you friend, buay zi dong, want to sign on. Siow liao lor... Dig and dig, sure dig tio bones..... Alamak!!!!! 

Probably some one mixed up his docket. Then realise it too late. Maybe only discovered when he was about to ORD from full time NS. If schedule him to BMT may create more problem for everyone. So, sweep under the carpet and everybody song song gao Jurong

Then you friend, buay zi dong, want to sign on. Siow liao lor... Dig and dig, sure dig tio bones..... Alamak!!!!! 

Not my fren hor. We are colleagues only. [laugh]

we call these nsmen......sick chicken...

Ya, although it is a small amount.. But it's a matter of principle..

Rewards are seen as income earned? That's a BS way of saying it's a matter of principle.

Might as well say ang bao that you received during CNY also taxable

• Praise 3

No, what I am surprised is no need go bmt. Go direct to unit. I have never heard of this before. As I always tot must go bmt 1st then post to unit.

i think its direct intake.

they will do bmt also . but with the unit, after bmt finish, they stay with the unit

excluse those medical unfit perm, or special case

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 2

No, what I am surprised is no need go bmt. Go direct to unit. I have never heard of this before. As I always tot must go bmt 1st then post to unit.

No BMT ....... keng lor
↡ Advertisement