• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
935 replies to this topic | 958 praises

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:20 AM

Kar_lover
  • Premium member
    Kar_lover
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi

Been contemplating getting a VW jetta but quite concerned about how serious the 7 speed DSG problem is. I would say its the only thing stopping me now. VW sales guy said its those ppl who mod (chip) the car. But what i heard from others is even not chipped also have problem. Every 1 or 2 month have to visit workshop. And their after sales is not fantastic either.

Anyone here can share?

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:24 AM

Observer
  • Premium member
    Observer
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

www.vagsg.com

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:35 AM

Alim
  • Alim
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi

Been contemplating getting a VW jetta but quite concerned about how serious the 7 speed DSG problem is. I would say its the only thing stopping me now. VW sales guy said its those ppl who mod (chip) the car. But what i heard from others is even not chipped also have problem. Every 1 or 2 month have to visit workshop. And their after sales is not fantastic either.

Anyone here can share?

There was some discussion here on DSG for the Passat CC...

Passat CC Thread

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:36 AM

Kar_lover
  • Premium member
    Kar_lover
    Supercharged
    Author Image

There was some discussion here on DSG for the Passat CC...

Passat CC Thread

Thanks.

Really like quite bad. How come still so many ppl buy VW?

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:46 AM

Lucaswh
  • Lucaswh
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks.

Cos it's afterall an entry level conti with low road tax and FC, but still can out gun any 1.6/1.8 liter jap car. Am referring to the 1.4 rocs and golfs, and those are the ones with the said 7 speeder DSG.

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:50 AM

Alim
  • Alim
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks.

Marketing lor. LOL!

Those in the market for a used VW, avoid those cars from 2008-2010.

2011 I don't know, may be owners would like to report their problems todate.

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:14 PM

Kar_lover
  • Premium member
    Kar_lover
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Cos it's afterall an entry level conti with low road tax and FC, but still can out gun any 1.6/1.8 liter jap car. Am referring to the 1.4 rocs and golfs, and those are the ones with the said 7 speeder DSG.

Jetta also has the 7 speed DSG.

Actually dats the main reason why i m tempted to change to VW - the performance to price ratio is quite high. Although the interior quite sucks but how else to get 160/240 below $130k (latest price for jetta sport is $128k)? But why would ppl buy a car with (serious) reliability issue?

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:16 PM

Kar_lover
  • Premium member
    Kar_lover
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Those in the market for a used VW, avoid those cars from 2008-2010.

That would be the bulk of the cars i would be looking at. No point to buy a 2007 car - too old already. My own car now is a 2010. I wouldn't want to change to an older car since part of the intention to change to to pre-empt the expected rise in COE next year when quota is further reduced.

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:24 PM

Lucaswh
  • Lucaswh
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Jetta also has the 7 speed DSG.

Actually dats the main reason why i m tempted to change to VW - the performance to price ratio is quite high. Although the interior quite sucks but how else to get 160/240 below $130k (latest price for jetta sport is $128k)? But why would ppl buy a car with (serious) reliability issue?

Get a FD2R or WRX lor..I thought those are more bang for buck. But of course, with better reliability comes higher roadtax, insurance and FC.

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:28 PM

Kar_lover
  • Premium member
    Kar_lover
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Get a FD2R or WRX lor..I thought those are more bang for buck. But of course, with better reliability comes higher roadtax, insurance and FC.

Not suitable image for me.

I actually considered swapping my 1.6 Koup to 2.0 (6speed) koup. Choose same colour as current one, transfer my stuff over and my family won't realise i changed car!

Edited by Kar_lover, 27 December 2011 - 01:28 PM.

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:30 PM

Sleepy-T
  • Sleepy-T
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

si lucaswh lol
those car like ur SSS attract more TP and LTA attention laugh.gif laugh.gif
己所不欲 勿施于人

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:35 PM

Bavarian

I actually considered swapping my 1.6 Koup to 2.0 (6speed) koup. Choose same colour as current one, transfer my stuff over and my family won't realise i changed car!

Get a Skoda Octavia VRS or Superb 2.0T. You get essentially a VW, with a 20% discount and 6 Spd DSG + all the bells and whistles.
Keithchue praised this
I think, therefore I am.
I think so, therefore I erm...

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:37 PM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Get a Skoda Octavia VRS or Superb 2.0T. You get essentially a VW, with a 20% discount and 6 Spd DSG + all the bells and whistles.

Like your monster? sly.gif
|1994|Diploma-Legum Baccalaureus-Legum Magister|Financial Prudence|HDB|MedisaveApproveIntegratedPlan-Insurance|Manchester United FC|Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Specifications-Parts|VAG RennTech Intel Modul|Akebono Brake Pads|

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:40 PM

Lucaswh
  • Lucaswh
    5th Gear
    Author Image

si lucaswh lol
those car like ur SSS attract more TP and LTA attention laugh.gif laugh.gif

I like leh.. I am Japanese car fanboy.

But recently drop by VW showroom look see..all the 1.4 models so tempting. Can be sleeper car, but reading all the reliability/aftersales issues make me apprehensive.

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:40 PM

Sleepy-T
  • Sleepy-T
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Bear u sure?
Skoda I thought is more expensive then VW
己所不欲 勿施于人

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:41 PM

Bavarian

Like your monster? sly.gif

Monster is good. No problem so far. I kindof prefer it over the White Horse. happy.gif
I think, therefore I am.
I think so, therefore I erm...

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:43 PM

Sleepy-T
  • Sleepy-T
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I like leh.. I am Japanese car fanboy.

But recently drop by VW showroom look see..all the 1.4 models so tempting. Can be sleeper car, but reading all the reliability/aftersales issues make me apprehensive.

u lich man loh,
koup to SSS now thinking of change car again ? wow
well coz u alway heard the bad thing,
those good things no one will voice out lol,
heard the 2nd services center will be up soon laugh.gif

己所不欲 勿施于人

Lucaswh
  • Lucaswh
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hmm. I wouldn't do that..last time I felt my 1.6 Koup was let down by the weight of the car, I don't think the 2.0 will be any better in terms of performance, plus the resale of a 2.0 Koup isn't much higher than the 1.6.

I guess if you have the budget for VW, there are certainly many options you can consider out there. wub.gif

Sleepy-T
  • Sleepy-T
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Monster is good. No problem so far. I kindof prefer it over the White Horse. happy.gif

which one is more powderfull , the monster or the white horse?
己所不欲 勿施于人

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:47 PM

Lucaswh
  • Lucaswh
    5th Gear
    Author Image

u lich man loh,
koup to SSS now thinking of change car again ? wow
well coz u alway heard the bad thing,
those good things no one will voice out lol,
heard the 2nd services center will be up soon laugh.gif

eh no la, am still a boy, and a relatively poor boy, compared to peers and forum pple.

My cars all bought cheap, no top up one.. blush.gif

Hmm..but how's ur Golf holding up? How's the mod potential?

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users