How problematic is VW's 7 speed DSG?

Kar_lover

seriously, is 23 dec " FRIDAY" and my company did not allow early release. =(

therefore, just sharing my experience with VW vehicle since i got lots of time today.

i have a 2010 vw. this unit is under the recall for mechantronic.

and mechantronic was change.

during 2016, my dsg failure, which is fxxx up. imagine u stop during red light, and car stalled when hit the green light.

but i manage to use manual D1 to ramp & get going. several times it happen.

since i thought warranty over (6 years old car), so i check 3rd party workshop & ask, the repair gonna cost 5k. WTH..

if u have vag software, which i have, the error likely due to hydraulic pump failure.

finally i decided send to VW with them, they get it changed for FOC on mechantronic.

Generally, i would say their service isnt too bad for after sales. (although after warranty, i dont go there do regular service)

And lastly, their dsg really got problem.

Good luck to all fellow VW 7 spd DSG owners.

Yeah. If Mechantronic fails, go back to AD. They will replace FOC even if after warranty. Dont waste $$ outside.

↡ Advertisement

That is why you as a consumer have no concrete info on the actual condition. So you Cannot for certain know if the problem had been resolved.

These data are only sense to people trained. So the average guy outside don't understand it. They can only base on the happenings in the market to gauge the situation.

Failures are rampant to the extend that government intervention was needed. Protests against the vw dealership. Press coverage over the failures. Online complaints overwhelmed positive feedbacks. And the current customer communication by VW isn't addressing the issue adequately. If this isn't sufficient to cause confidence loss, what is? So unless you have access to the information i listed, how can you be so sure it is ok now?

Ur last para good say good say..

seriously, is 23 dec " FRIDAY" and my company did not allow early release. =(

therefore, just sharing my experience with VW vehicle since i got lots of time today.

i have a 2010 vw. this unit is under the recall for mechantronic.

and mechantronic was change.

during 2016, my dsg failure, which is fxxx up. imagine u stop during red light, and car stalled when hit the green light.

but i manage to use manual D1 to ramp & get going. several times it happen.

since i thought warranty over (6 years old car), so i check 3rd party workshop & ask, the repair gonna cost 5k. WTH..

if u have vag software, which i have, the error likely due to hydraulic pump failure.

finally i decided send to VW with them, they get it changed for FOC on mechantronic.

Generally, i would say their service isnt too bad for after sales. (although after warranty, i dont go there do regular service)

And lastly, their dsg really got problem.

Good luck to all fellow VW 7 spd DSG owners.

The virgin post in account created in 2015 and it is to tell this story.

Kind of bring out a fishy smell.

I see opinions shoved into the face of the other side everywhere. If you know that the problem is resolved, then provide evidence. The 'noise' will subside once evidence is provided. If you feel the risk is ok for you then we agree that it might not be ok for others. Your money your choice regardless the side.

Why are you wasting time with twats again? :a-fun:

• Praise 2

That is why you as a consumer have no concrete info on the actual condition. So you Cannot for certain know if the problem had been resolved.

These data are only sense to people trained. So the average guy outside don't understand it. They can only base on the happenings in the market to gauge the situation.

Failures are rampant to the extend that government intervention was needed. Protests against the vw dealership. Press coverage over the failures. Online complaints overwhelmed positive feedbacks. And the current customer communication by VW isn't addressing the issue adequately. If this isn't sufficient to cause confidence loss, what is? So unless you have access to the information i listed, how can you be so sure it is ok now?

I can't praise bro Fel again cos the system stopped me. He knows the QMS stuff. Having worked with Quality side on RMAs for many years from supply chain point of view, and being an internal auditor and supplier auditor, bro Fel writeup did taught me a few more things. Ha. 

The virgin post in account created in 2015 and it is to tell this story.

Kind of bring out a fishy smell.

Bro, relax. Let the readers decide.

Enjoy your A3 and ignore the noise. It is nice car. You went in with eyes open. I was ever kanna suan-ed by taxi driver who I flagged down after my previous ride, E90, broke down due to alternator blow out. He said bmw always spoilt. In my mind, I only thought "aiya uncle, you sua gu, this is a small price to pay. U just dono what you have been missing out in life..."

• Praise 2

Bro, relax. Let the readers decide.

Enjoy your A3 and ignore the noise. It is nice car. You went in with eyes open. I was ever kanna suan-ed by taxi driver who I flagged down after my previous ride, E90, broke down due to alternator blow out. He said bmw always spoilt. In my mind, I only thought "aiya uncle, you sua gu, this is a small price to pay. U just dono what you have been missing out in life..."

My e60 was stuck at the carpark when the starter motor went dead, though i saved on the car park fee when it got towed out.

Me drove a altis for a week during a recent holiday trip and came back with a reminder why I chose a bmw for transport.

Ya, my intention was just to test their confidence level on the solution they provided. Unfortunately, vw singapore did not give me any confidence at all. Not once but twice, cos i first asked for 5 years warranty JUST on the gearbox, then I offered to pay for extended warranty. They just didn't come back to me. 

Try asking BMW or Audi for a 5 year warranty too.

Why are you wasting time with twats again? :a-fun:

Christmas season

I can't praise bro Fel again cos the system stopped me. He knows the QMS stuff. Having worked with Quality side on RMAs for many years from supply chain point of view, and being an internal auditor and supplier auditor, bro Fel writeup did taught me a few more things. Ha.

I'm actually from the technical side.

Hohoho merry Christmas. Glad my posts can offer some positivity. It is christmas eve. Time to party tonight!

Why don't you try posting in vezel thread and say to the owners that their new vezel still have killer airbags as the issue has not been resolved (airbag incident still happening a few months ago) and see what kind if response you gonna get.

Do the same in altis thread and tell them the uncontrolled acceleration has not been resolved. And Toyota cannot be trusted as they tried to hide the issue.

Very very few people are as idle and defensive as you to get so defensive and riled up just because random strangers criticized products from a brand which you also coincidentally chose to purchase.

Defensive much? Don't understand dinosaurs like you who feel morally obligated to defend whatever you've purchased. Typical behaviour of an insecure fellow who feels the need to constantly assure himself and everybody else that his purchase or decision DIE DIE MUST BE the wisest and smartest choice ever.

Seriously, spend your excess time doing more volunteer work and you'll be a happier person. Thanks for the entertainment on a late night though.

• Praise 6

Bro, I thought yours is one of the few that experience little problem?

Thanks for asking bro. :a-m1212:

My mileage is close to 150,000 plus km and I think it may be due to change anytime soon.

The car has just undergone major servicing and changes such as shock absorbers, brake pads, tyres etc. Good to go for at least next one year or so.

Very very few people are as idle and defensive as you to get so defensive and riled up just because random strangers criticized products from a brand which you also coincidentally chose to purchase.

Defensive much? Don't understand dinosaurs like you who feel morally obligated to defend whatever you've purchased. Typical behaviour of an insecure fellow who feels the need to constantly assure himself and everybody else that his purchase or decision DIE DIE MUST BE the wisest and smartest choice ever.

Seriously, spend your excess time doing more volunteer work and you'll be a happier person. Thanks for the entertainment on a late night though.

To me you are just tongue tied and can't come up with any plausible rebuttal to my posts. So you chose to play a cowardly aunt agony dishing out juvenile advice.

Thanks for asking bro. :a-m1212:

My mileage is close to 150,000 plus km and I think it may be due to change anytime soon.

The car has just undergone major servicing and changes such as shock absorbers, brake pads, tyres etc. Good to go for at least next one year or so.

Are you still standing at only 1 mechatronic change despite your mileage?

So my maintenance regime helped huh?

Try asking BMW or Audi for a 5 year warranty too.

PML does let you buy the extended warranty.

My current ride is on 5 years warranty without me topping up a cent.

To me you are just tongue tied and can't come up with any plausible rebuttal to my posts. So you chose to play a cowardly aunt agony dishing out juvenile advice.

If your car  you feel good and people criticized it,just leave it la! need to defend so much for what?

Are you work for the car company?No right?

You get piss-off because of the car?You don't have better things to do?

It just a car only and after 10yrs all go into rubbish dam.

Relax la,bro!

• Praise 5

Not only DSG problematic, VW engines kaput too!

More ...

http://vagsg.com/for...ad.php?t=103343

MU failures still not resolved ...

http://vagsg.com/for...ad.php?t=102986

DSG gearbox issues still rampant in current models:

http://vagsg.com/for...ad.php?t=102630

Clutch problems still there in 2016 ...

http://vagsg.com/for...ad.php?t=101176

More owners' experiences of Mechatronics failure ...

http://vagsg.com/for...ad.php?t=102222

• Praise 1

Good morning auditor.

Let me tell you that as an engineer all the reports and audits are only as good as the persons performing, reporting, and auditing them. Engineering is complex. Supply chain management is complex. Engineers do not always agree with each other on a technical solution. Sometimes a solution looks like f*ck to you, but shit works. (I'm not referring to 7DSG but in general.)

All these processes and paperwork are created for pointy hair bosses to get data from their minions, and often (but not always) these data are not representative of the actual situation on the ground, because it is impossible to get all the data anyway. (Sounds like a familiar political pitch?) There will be people who have not had issues, there will be people who have had issues and went back to VW and they recorded it in their system, there may also be people who went back to VW but the issue is not properly recorded, there will also be people who turn to aftermarket solutions. How do you measure all of these? The moment these happens all the data is thrown out of the window. What PPM? What PPAP, what VDA2? You think the mechanics here doing the replacements care a shit about these? They slap on a new part, tick all the checkboxes and call it a day.

And NO I do not have these reports, why would I have them. I do not work for VW.

I just buy a car, and well, you can say LUCKILY it is fine, so my mum bought the same car, and LUCKILY it is fine, and all my friends are also LUCKY. Maybe it's the temple we go to pray. And no, the temple does not have PPM for their payer failures, no ISO certifications.

Generally agree such stuff can be for show But VW can't even produce it to give customer confidence and just base on SE mouth that issue is solved with the new mineral oil, I will have my doubts as a normal customer.
↡ Advertisement