How problematic is VW's 7 speed DSG?

Kar_lover

Sales too good and mgmt stingy to expand servcing center la

Look at toyota.. 3 islandwide.. top sales for donkey years.. share svc center w suzuki.. call 1 wk in advance get booking. Turnard in one day even for major svcing.. can even polish car for u if u request... that is what I call good AD support.. from what I see VW fail big time.. hope skoda wont la but lookg at the sales.. prob wont :p

sorry i OT :blink:

↡ Advertisement

maybe all want weekend servicing?? most dont want to spend leave on car servicing lor.

yea thats true.. i always asked for week end they say no have...

Look at toyota.. 3 islandwide.. top sales for donkey years.. share svc center w suzuki.. call 1 wk in advance get booking. Turnard in one day even for major svcing.. can even polish car for u if u request... that is what I call good AD support.. from what I see VW fail big time.. hope skoda wont la but lookg at the sales.. prob wont :p

Major svcing take one day very long leh. my mit major serving take only 1/2 day [:p]

some more share with forte, merc and taxi. still dont need to book. C&C must be the best. [:p]

I hate to sound like a Skoda fanatic but they are giving 5years/ 150,000km. ^_^

I agree, plus it drives well. For those in the market looking for a VW, should look at Skoda provided you are not a badge whore.

See this

• Praise 1

Agree!My colleage book 1 day in advance also can get. :D

I still rem,friday book,saturday morning go.

• Praise 1

Jetta also has the 7 speed DSG.

Actually dats the main reason why i m tempted to change to VW - the performance to price ratio is quite high. Although the interior quite sucks but how else to get 160/240 below $130k (latest price for jetta sport is $128k)? But why would ppl buy a car with (serious) reliability issue?

My father's Boss who drive a VW Jetta <the old one> have been driving for over 4 years with no issue, i guess is some of them unlucky got a lemon car [:)]

• Praise 1

wow!!!! :o

does skoda make pickup trucks? if they make reliable and insane specs pickups, i am interested :wub:

Skoda Auto (Taken over by VW group) do not make any commercial vehicles currently. They used to make some pick-ups/ vans based on the Favorit in the 1980s but you don't really want to go there.

Skoda Works, the previous parent company of Skoda Auto, makes trains, trams now. Used to make machine guns and tanks. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%A0koda_Works :ph34r:

wow!!! if Skoda is owned by VW, then i must recommend skoda superb to my friend liao. he is not a jeans and boots guy like me. more of executive type [scholar]

Skoda prices have come down a wee bit.

They've also introduced the 2.0TSI model [makes more sense to me than the 1.8TSI]. And though their prices may be just a few grand cheaper than the VW equivalent, it comes with more equipment as standard.

Interior is a carbon copy from the VW Passat sibling [i think it's better built in the Skoda version], and thanks to longer wheelbase, rear passengers do enjoy a great deal more legroom too!

But, and it's a big but or butt..... The design and exterior looks of the Superb is nothing superb. Haha!

That's why, sales has been rather miserable.... [=(]

And this kind of price, people would rather get the C-Class, or wait for the upcoming 3-Series [=D]

For the same specification.

VW Polo 1.2TSI 85hp - $105,800

Skoda Fabia 1.2T 102hp - $102,900

Octavia 5dr 1.4TSI 120hp - $117,900

VW Jetta 1.4TSI 122hp - $115,800 to $121,800

VW Jetta 1.4TSI 160hp - $132,300

Octavia 5dr VRS 197hp - $144,900

VW Golf GTI 210hp - $205,300

Superb 1.8 158hp - $131,900

Superb 2.0 197hp - $165,900

VW Passat 1.8 TSI 160hp - $179,300

VW CC 2.0T 200hp - $211,800