Road trip to Club Med Cherating

Jeff49er

Done one to Lake Kenyir tho..

Stopover at the Turtle Sanctuary outside the entrance to Club Med.

On the security side, looks kinda atas.. as with most club meds.

But not sure if this will be a good time tho.. eastern coast should be pounded by the monsoon till Jan/ Feb next year.

Best time to hit east coast would be when the monsoon just blown over. Light cool wind and not much crowds.

I have driven to Club Med 3 times, always using the old East Coast road.

Love Club Med and will certainly do it again.

If you leave morning at 8am, you should reach there by 3pm or earlier.

Supercharged

I heard Club Med will plan all the activities for you. It even plan activities for the children, so the adults can relax. So the cost is higher a bit than other resorts. But is it worthwhile? What if you prefer to have free-n-easy time?

Done one to Lake Kenyir tho..

Stopover at the Turtle Sanctuary outside the entrance to Club Med.

On the security side, looks kinda atas.. as with most club meds.

But not sure if this will be a good time tho.. eastern coast should be pounded by the monsoon till Jan/ Feb next year.

Best time to hit east coast would be when the monsoon just blown over. Light cool wind and not much crowds.

Go in the right season and month, you can get to see additional stuff although no guarantee.

On my last trip, I got to see 2 groups of pink and grey dolphins swimming near my kayak out in the sea. One even did a jump out of the water a few meters from me.

It was a thrilling sight and really made my day.

Hi TS,

Sorrie to borrow your thread and ask something else.

Can I check with those who drives to msia,

1. Do you have a spare tyre in your car? Not those thin ones provided together with the car, but a full fledged tyre.

2. Do you know how to change tyre?

Thks.

Supercharged

Hi TS,

1. Do you have a spare tyre in your car? Not those thin ones provided together with the car, but a full fledged tyre.

Thks.

You must have a spare tyre with you at all time in Malaysia! Its unlike in SG where you can get tow truck or help anytime.

My spare tyre is a thin one. If one flat tyre, just use the thin tyre first and drive to the nearest tyre shop to repair the punctured tyre lor. Then change back and move on.

Every driver should know how to change a flat tyre. If don't know, must learn.

Hello All

How many of you have done road trip tp Club Med Cherating? Any advice is very appreciated.

Thanks yall

Just follow GPS if you got one. If none, get road map and follow signages in Terengganu. On your right hand side if you go along the East Coast Road you will see signboards. Start early in the morning. Have yummy-yummy lunch at Pak Su Resturant on the opposite of the road as you drive along East Coast Road. Cruise at 110km/H if you want to enjoy greenry. Look out for cows, goats, sheep, straying across the roads. Give way to animals when driving. Turtle usually only lay eggs when the sand is cooled for them to crawl early in the morning. Some beaches are out of bound at night for turtles to come ashore (got signboards to alert you). They seldom crawl onto the beach before midnight (sand too hot). Neither do they lay eggs during a rainstorm.

Do visit the turtle santuary and donate generously.

Thanks for the advice. I have been driivng to KL for the past 6 years; always have RM 50 on standby...etc. Just that I havent driven to the East Coast. Years ago when my friend drove up to Awana with the VAGS guys, the trip was awesome.

just returned 2 weeks ago. it was an easy 5+ hours drive on the east coast road (Kota Tinggi - Mersing - Rompin - Kuantan - Cherating) including a stop over for brunch. Ya, go in the right season and you have great times outdoors. It's ok even when it rains as they normally have plan B and the spa is open regardless of the weather. For nice seafood, just drive about 30 mins north towards Malaysia Restuarant for the famous stuffed crabs.

It is essential to know how to change a flat as tyre shops are not common along most of this route. It is not hard with the tools (& tyre) in the trunk.

Edited by Vet

Hi TS,

Thks.

yes bro.. u got to have a spare tyre! signing up for AA is just some layer of security..so far i have not used them in malaysia even though i am a member. u won't know what time they will reach.. and your vacation will probably be spoiled by then.

earlier i have shared my recent experience in desaru. went through a huge pothole, dented a rim and damaged another tyre.

without the spare, my vacation will certainly be ruined.

and yes, learning to change it yourself is a must.. and know the technique to loosen/tighten the nuts (the jump jump thingy [laugh] )

Hi TS,

Thks.

A pair of jumper cables would be handy too.

Hi Cklasse,

Did you go during june/july period to see the 'extras'? Heard Club Med Cherating one of the best in terms of activities. Rooms wise it is still acceptable.

Hi Cklasse,

Did you go during june/july period to see the 'extras'? Heard Club Med Cherating one of the best in terms of activities. Rooms wise it is still acceptable.

Not during the school holiday.

↡ Advertisement