Goodyear f1 asymmetric 2 vs continental sports contact 5

Acemundo

Where is ALTyre? Ah long tyre?

I am getting tyres soon.

Operating Hours :

Monday to Sunday 9 AM - 8 PM (Everyday & Public Holiday)

Kindly Contact:

AL Tyres Cooperation Enquiry - Ah Wu 8418 1000 / Ah Chin 8418 6000

Workshop Enquiry - Peter 8223 7615

Facebook: http://www.facebook....ON/199681390912

Tumblr : http://altyres.tumblr.com/

Twitter : https://twitter.com/ALTYRES

We accept NETS and Visa/Master Credit Card now , 0% interest free 6-12mths installments plan available for UOB / Standered Chartered Bank / Citibank credit card holders only ...***Term and condition apply

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Knn you ask what the shop is, I gave info then k got a notification that I was junked by anonymous user. Wtf? Farking retard must be be a competitor or something. Stupid new forum format to let anonymous users to praise or junk you. Like that i can just not log in and junk everyone's post.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Knn you ask what the shop is, I gave info then k got a notification that I was junked by anonymous user. Wtf? Farking retard must be be a competitor or something. Stupid new forum format to let anonymous users to praise or junk you. Like that i can just not log in and junk everyone's post.

people post Michelin PILOT SUPER SPORT 18", you go tell people your A2 17" price for what? :huh:

i also will junk you lah, but it wasn't me [laugh] [laugh]

I have been on new set of F1A2 2 mths ago. I also considered CSC5, but decided on the F1A2, after some comparisons. Really good all rounder, and quiet too.

I got mine at Soh Bros Frankie. Nice uncle offer no frills but good prices. Made in Germany, Jul 2013

I have been on new set of F1A2 2 mths ago. I also considered CSC5, but decided on the F1A2, after some comparisons. Really good all rounder, and quiet too.

I got mine at Soh Bros Frankie. Nice uncle offer no frills but good prices. Made in Germany, Jul 2013

Can share the tyre size and price? Wanted to change to F1A2 last week but no stock. Only left with those manufacture in 2012. Was told by shop stopping production soon.

Can share the tyre size and price? Wanted to change to F1A2 last week but no stock. Only left with those manufacture in 2012. Was told by shop stopping production soon.

235/40/18. $1060.

Got my F1A2 from Tyrepac, $155 each, add $13 per tyre for installation. Was using F1A, changing to F1A2 is a natural choice, especially when the F1A2 costs less than F1A when I installed them 3 years back.

I suspect CSC5 would be quieter than F1A2, but the price difference is hard to swallow. F1A has served me well for wet and dry grip.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Revisiting this topic as I will need to change my tyres soon. Currently driving a Stream and using 225/45/R17 Continental CSC3. Shortlisted the following and got some quotes:

1. Michelin PS3 - $195
2. Continental CSC5 - $185
3. Goodyear Assy 2 - $175

Any bros can give feedback/review on the above? Much appreciated.

Thanks!

Revisiting this topic as I will need to change my tyres soon. Currently driving a Stream and using 225/45/R17 Continental CSC3. Shortlisted the following and got some quotes:

1. Michelin PS3 - $195

2. Continental CSC5 - $185

3. Goodyear Assy 2 - $175

Any bros can give feedback/review on the above? Much appreciated.

Thanks!

go for CSC5,

BTW, where did you got the quote?

Made in Euro or Asia?

Neutral Newbie

Quotes are from AL. Didn't ask for place of manufacture though.

Any pros of CSC5 over the other two? Most reviews put both PS3 and F1A2 over the CSC5, but I just wanted to hear some real life feedback from the bros here.

i just change rims and F1A2. been using it about a week, good grip and braking. quiet too.

My tire size - 275/45R20

The OEM tires I got was Conti Contacts. But I found them noisy and I had to change the front two in 1 year.

I chose Pirelli Scorpion Zero and they were slightly better.

2nd year, swapped the P-Zero to rear and changed front to Goodyear F1 Asym. I think they are the best so far. Car much quieter and I got the tires at same price as the P-Zero (I think I overpaid for those the 1st time I changed)

+1 for Goodyear F1

I have used CSC5 before and currently on F1A2.

From my butt feel...

CSC5 wins on Comfort while F1A2 can be a bit harsh.

Noise wise.. CSC5 became very noisy near its end of life ~55Kkm. Although can still go a few K longer, as it just reached its tyre wear indicator.. I had it change as cannot stand the noise.

F1A2 so far new.. a few K only.. only complain is that the ride comfort is a bit harsh (but not to the point that it is unbearable), and on certain type of road it can be noisy. But overall.. the price paid is very much cheaper than the CSC5. Hopefully its wear is better.

Since change have no chance to try on wet road as yet. BTW mind is made in Germany on size 245/45R17

+1 on F1A2.

Edited by Bomby929
↡ Advertisement