Please ... we are family

Scb11980

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7NT57I20111229

LKY relative to take over NOL's chairman

31 Dec 2011

Look like Singapore public assets are being run like it is owned by one big familee?

NOL's chairman to retire, Temasek exec to replace him

Singapore's Neptune Orient Lines, which owns the world's sixth biggest container shipping firm, said its chairman, Cheng Wai Keung, will retire after the board's annual general meeting in April 2012.

Cheng, who was chairman for the last 10 years, will be replaced by Kwa Chong Seng who will join the board as a director from January 1, 2012 and become chairman in April, the company said in a statement.

Kwa is the deputy chairman of the board of directors of state investor Temasek Holdings and is a former chairman and managing director of ExxonMobil Asia Pacific Private Ltd before retiring in October 2011.

Temasek owns about two-third of NOL. (Reporting by Saeed Azhar)

Quote:

PM Lee Hsien Loong : Deputy Chairman of Government of Singapore Investment Corporation (GIC). The GIC holds most of Singapore's foreign reserves. The amount of money is a secret.

Former Singapore President Ong Teng Cheong was removed because he attempted to determine the location and amount of Singapore's reserves.

Mdm Ho Ching ( Wife of the Prime Minister): Chairman of Chartered Semiconductor, ST Engineering, ST Capital, StarHub, Deputy Chairman of Singapore Technologies, and Director of Temasek Holdings and SembCorp Industries (Singapore Technologies unit)

Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew ( Father of Prime Minister, and former Prime Minister, himself. He holds a Cabinet position as Minister Mentor, and remains the virtual ruler of Singapore.) : Chairman of Government of Singapore Investment Corporation (GIC)

Brigadier-General Lee Hsien Yang ( Brother of Prime Minister) : Former Chief Executive of SingTel Group and SESAMi Inc (SingTel unit), and Director of Singapore Technologies Industrial Corporation and National Computer Systems (SingTel unit).

SingTel paid Lee Hsien Yang, the Prime Minister's brother, S$4.56 million (US$2.86 million) in cash and stock in the last fiscal year, the company's latest annual report showed.

Colonel (Dr) Kwa Soon Bee ( Uncle (Mother

↡ Advertisement

Nothing new lah.

What u expect from the ruling of Dictatorship. Talk so much wait ask his hour maid to head SMRT than u know. [laugh][drivingcar]

isnt that already happening?

As a chinese saying goes:

fat water no flow (into) outsiders' farm land....

(any bro knows the chinese characters for this?)

肥水不流外人田

better in a way that our ex leader never bite the dust?

better because we still have a brain to think for ourselves.

Some Singaporeans told me Lee Kwan Yew is our Founding Father of New Singapore, I fully agreed...Lee Kwan Yew is Our Mafia Father of New Singapore. :angry:

Edited by Fongmy

Some Singaporeans told me Lee Kwan Yew is our Founding Father of New Singapore, I fully agreed...Lee Kwan Yew is Our Mafia Father of New Singapore. :angry:

some of the 60.1 are mafia-worshippers :o

erm, who is Lee Kwan Yew?