Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
125 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:44 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi bros,

my turn to ask...

i have been changing car batteries at random location.

the last change was at Soh brothers... he gave me a donno what GT brand which lasted only around 18months.

This time round, i wan to buy Amaron or Varta (basically the more branded ones).

where should i get it from?
i need installation too.

lazy to dirty my hands to change battery.

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

Jeff49er
  • Jeff49er
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi bros,

my turn to ask...

the last change was at Soh brothers... he gave me a donno what GT brand which lasted only around 18months.

This time round, i wan to buy Amaron or Varta (basically the more branded ones).

i need installation too.

Arrow tires or huat lee
Mits Lancer 2.0 EX Sports
Fav team wears Red :devil: My Lancer 2.0 Sports is also Red

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

forgot to mention i stay in the east...

preferably near east.

but i don't mind AMK this kind also la... just CTE will do.

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:49 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i think Huat Lee looks near enough.

Are their prices reasonable?

include installation right?

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:13 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    6th Gear
    Author Image

if you walk in to a shop, their prices will naturally be inclusive of installation = +$30 more than the selling price of the battery .

i usually just buy the battery $100 and then fix myself. 10 mins can save $30+ ... why not ??

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:20 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If you want Amaron, can get it from the distributor itself.

www.namwah.com.sg

Else can go to Leong Seng, which is on the first floor of the same building as Namwah.

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:20 PM

Picanto
there'a a guy that goes by the nick kb27. he stays in yishun and his is a mobile service.pricewise its cheaper than shops

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:28 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

if you walk in to a shop, their prices will naturally be inclusive of installation = +$30 more than the selling price of the battery .

i usually just buy the battery $100 and then fix myself. 10 mins can save $30+ ... why not ??

cos i done once before and everything got reset.

bad experience.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

Yixiang1
  • Premium member
    Yixiang1
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

there'a a guy that goes by the nick kb27. he stays in yishun and his is a mobile service.pricewise its cheaper than shops

KB Lee is highly recommended in many forums. He goes around rescue people with dead batteries, but your battery not dead, can ask him also.

Provides onsite service and 1 year ON-SITE warranty for his Amaron Batteries. Can contact him to get a quote.

Might be cheaper than some shops, or might be $5 or $10 more expensive than the cheapest shop u can find... but you are paying for a little bit of convenience and his on-site warranty.

Read some good reviews abt him. He will help to test your alternator also.

So maybe u can contact him.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:32 AM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    Author Image

drive straight to Amaron distributor Nan Wah Battery at Paya Ubi.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:49 AM

Neutralsg
  • Premium member
    Neutralsg
    6th Gear
    Author Image

forgot to mention i stay in the east...

preferably near east.

but i don't mind AMK this kind also la... just CTE will do.

I changed mine with Guan Lee at Eunos Ave 5 who used a spare battery to retain my electronic settings while he replaced a new battery. The boss, a nice man, was the one who replaced my battery.
IIRC, I paid about $125 Amaron Hi Life 60AH 550 CCA 85D23L.
Cherish your licence before you lose its privileges.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:41 AM

Humsuplo
  • Humsuplo
    Banned

u can consider hoppecke or even bosch S5... for a 74Ah batt hoppecke would be abt $180 and bosch S5 at $220...

been using hoppecke for the last 3 batt but recently changed to bosch. heard that amaron quality has been dropping hence decided not to get it.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:21 AM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I changed mine with Guan Lee at Eunos Ave 5 who used a spare battery to retain my electronic settings while he replaced a new battery. The boss, a nice man, was the one who replaced my battery.
IIRC, I paid about $125 Amaron Hi Life 60AH 550 CCA 85D23L.

What's the boss name? Guan lee looks like the place for me

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:41 AM

Sktan10
  • Sktan10
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi bros,

my turn to ask...

i need installation too.

How much u brought ur GT battery?
Mine already 30mths still ok.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:44 AM

Jefkking
  • Jefkking
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

"GT" don't produce car battery BUT OEM from Indonesia.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

Jefkking
  • Jefkking
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Buy "Amaron" better can last 3 yrs plus and "Varta" was long time non Germany made anymore BUT Indoneisa made.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:46 AM

Hiphiphoray
  • Hiphiphoray
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Ya...u have to earth the system.

Orelse a lot of electronics stuff will go haywire. dizzy.gif crazy.gif

cos i done once before and everything got reset.

bad experience.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:50 AM

Jefkking
  • Jefkking
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Go direct to "Amaron" importer "Nam Wah Battery" 53 Ubi Ave 1 #03-40 Paya Ubi Ind Park (Fresh from the oven stock).
Enter the gate of 53 Paya Ubi Ind Pk, and go straight till near to the end and on the right there's an drive-up ram and go up the ram and made an right turn (Lookout of vehicles) and left turn and 4th unit of the left & look for Ah Meng.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:53 AM

Jefkking
  • Jefkking
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

FYI, "BOSCH" don't produce car battery BUT OEM from others and you're the "carrot" already for paid of S$ 220 of DIN-74.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

Jefkking
  • Jefkking
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

what car are you driving ? Bty model ?

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: Change, car, battery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users