Change car battery

Friendstar

Turbocharged

i just changed to a unknown brand "GolBatt" 74din about S$180. Couldnt find this brand at GOOGLE.

Ask them for Amaron, they dont have. No choice, since they are at my place. Cos need car to run around.

let see how this battery perform. if can tahan 1 year, good enough.

pray hard, it dont spoilt 2weeks after the 1year warranty expire

Namwah is charging S$200 including installation for Amaron 74din (at their ws).

Edited by Mcf777
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

the battery is covered by a cover. cant see anything.

for my previous amaron or varta battery, once crank immediate start engine.

this one like take 1 or 2 seconds

Neutral Newbie

What I found is that Amaron Pro DIN series has a lot higher cca measured than what's printed on the label.

Whereas other brands tends to be very close to what's printed.

So I would venture that for the same cranking power of Din74, Amaron Din66 (measured at 800+) would match that cca.

One special battery I've seen is a 35AH Varta starting battery on a Merz S class.

Although it's only 35AH, it had 520 cca. This is matching a "normal" DIN55 battery.

However, this battery is oem built for Merz in Germany.

You probably won't find this battery on sale here.

"Normal" 35AH battery usually has a cca of around 330.

finally, my battery say goodbye to me. 1yr 2 weeks - varta 74din. kns battery.

paid almost S$300 for those mobile changing service. it is worst than my previous amaron 74din which can last me 18months.

car is stock, 1 car camera onboard during driving (not 24hrs camera) and charge 1 hp during driving.

For less than $300 you could have called AAS to change battery including AA membership.

I use DACB. Good service, right to your doorstep. Doesn't cost you an arm and a leg too. I think he is a site sponsor still. Go check it out.

does any of you actually change the battery once a year to prevent the battery dring on you in the middle of the road?

A dead battery will not cause your car to die in the middle of the road, it is not like AA batteries in your remote control car. A dead alternator will.

A battery is used to power the electronics and to start the car only. Once the engine is started, the alternator take over the function of powering the car and to recharge the battery.

on the contrary, a really dead battery that cant hold any charge will stall the car in the middle of the road.

while it may idle, it will stall once it moves off. Why i know, cos i was at the receiving end once...... :wacko:

on the contrary, a really dead battery that cant hold any charge will stall the car in the middle of the road.

while it may idle, it will stall once it moves off. Why i know, cos i was at the receiving end once...... :wacko:

Perhaps the really dead battery was putting a load on the alternator?

I stand corrected though.

Edited by Fcw75

In all my rides I change battery only when it died. Car never installed while on the move.

The last time I changed was in Mar 2010. Before change, I knew my battery was going up lorry about 2 weeks before. Still didn't bother to change. Then it finally died when I parked my car for breakfast in Jurong. Called AA and within half hour, my battery changed for $133 + $2 tip.

Eng Wah, Vincent will always change battery with your engine on so that it wont lost all your settings. Did he do for you?

nope. and i think that's not the correct way either. [cool]

finally, my battery say goodbye to me. 1yr 2 weeks - varta 74din. kns battery.

paid almost S$300 for those mobile changing service. it is worst than my previous amaron 74din which can last me 18months.

car is stock, 1 car camera onboard during driving (not 24hrs camera) and charge 1 hp during driving.

was looking for varta and amaron initially. luckily settle on amaron. :D

lol yup guess i am a willing carrot... btw how much do u think a 74ah batt would cost? hoppekke is $180 so what other brands are cheaper and of the same ah?

got mine Amaron 74ah for $165. use that as a benchmark.

Neutral Newbie

Perhaps the really dead battery was putting a load on the alternator?

I stand corrected though.

A really bad battery will stall the engine bcoz it's pulling such a load on the alternator, everything just died.

I jump start a Picnic once. It moves down one level of a mscp, then stalled immediately.

And it was another frantic jump start bcoz it's now blocking traffic. [laugh]

A really bad battery will stall the engine bcoz it's pulling such a load on the alternator, everything just died.

I jump start a Picnic once. It moves down one level of a mscp, then stalled immediately.

And it was another frantic jump start bcoz it's now blocking traffic. [laugh]

That's one really dead battery. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement