Change car battery

Friendstar

This morning when replacing my LH headlight at AD, they checked my battery. What does this reading mean?

SOC - 12.8V

Rated - 46AH

Measured - 369SAE

Good & Pass

State of health - 100%

State of charge - 99%

nominal capacity of battery that comes along with VW Passat is supposed to be 77Ah right?

↡ Advertisement

Recently, I just changed to a 2nd hand 1997 manual Chverolet Aveo. The problem is I dun know when the previous owner last change the Amaron battery inside coz nothing was written on the battery. At this moment, cranking is very smooth (only need 1 crank). Last week, I went to the Autobac FOC battery check and was given this slip and was advise to replace the battery.

Volts - 12.60V

Measured - 415CCA

Rating - 550CA

The guy was explaining to me in some technical terms which I dun quite understand. So my conclusion is, do I still need to replace the battery? Thks in advance for all battery experts advise!

Supersonic

Measured - 415CCA

Rating - 550CA

Your battery is approximately about half-life.

So you can continue using it.

I would only worry if it falls below 350.

Some testers use 75% of rated specs to conclude the battery is bad.

Turbocharged

bro, buy 2nd car, if dont have receipt to prove servicing details,

the very 1st thing is to change oil, atf, spark plug, air-con filter and battery to give the car a new life!

drive already also shiok shiok.

the very 1st thing is to change oil, atf, spark plug, air-con filter and battery to give the car a new life!

Understand bro, the car got new paintwork, new tyres, change all belts n serviced in Dec 12 with receipt by previous owner, just a bit bothered by the battery issue. Shld hv swapped the old Amaron battery (only 1 yr) fr the old vehicle n also forgot to take out the cash card shield.

Btw, my Aviva insurance said they covered breakdown n free towing. But hopefully, dun need to use it. [drivingcar]

Recently, I just changed to a 2nd hand 1997 manual Chverolet Aveo. The problem is I dun know when the previous owner last change the Amaron battery inside coz nothing was written on the battery. At this moment, cranking is very smooth (only need 1 crank). Last week, I went to the Autobac FOC battery check and was given this slip and was advise to replace the battery.

Volts - 12.60V

Measured - 415CCA

Rating - 550CA

The guy was explaining to me in some technical terms which I dun quite understand. So my conclusion is, do I still need to replace the battery? Thks in advance for all battery experts advise!

Yr battery still ok.

Next time at night when u on turn signal n yr speedo lights dim n bright.......

U can start to consider changing yr battery.

True but u chk if its still ok dun waste yr money.

More important us yr timing belt...bearings n water pump.

Get mech to chk belt. If its worn...better change that 1st.

Yr battery still ok.

Next time at night when u on turn signal n yr speedo lights dim n bright.......

U can start to consider changing yr battery.

Thks bro, err....u mean when turn on signal left/right lights n it blinks like not uniform(sometimes dim, sometimes bright) izzit?

Or izzit the more common one is when morning need crank a few times?

Btw, I verified verbally with the workshop timing belt package done in Dec 12 at 80+ mileage le [:)]

Thks bro, err....u mean when turn on signal left/right lights n it blinks like not uniform(sometimes dim, sometimes bright) izzit?

Or izzit the more common one is when morning need crank a few times?

Btw, I verified verbally with the workshop timing belt package done in Dec 12 at 80+ mileage le [:)]

When u drive at night n u use yr turn signal....if u see yr speedo lights go dim n bright as yr signal goes on n off means yr battery getting weak. Time to consider getting a new battery.

When u drive at night n u use yr turn signal....if u see yr speedo lights go dim n bright as yr signal goes on n off means yr battery getting weak. Time to consider getting a new battery.

What about headlamps dim n bright when AC compressor cuts in?

During installation , yr mech may have tap the 12volt supply to the air compressor relay from the headlight harness /connection. Re route the tapping direct from yr rid fuse box will solve this momentarily dimming problem.

What about headlamps dim n bright when AC compressor cuts in?

That one i never notice cos im inside e car.

The speedo light is easier to notice.

Sorry to hijack this thread, as I don't know of any other way to DEFEND myself against many false allegations by DACB on their Facebook (8,600+ followers); and depriving me of means to make an honest living.

Truth About Dial-A-Car-Battery (DACB)

My name is Bobby Ng. I am a former employee of DACB and want to share with everyone how I had been short-changed by my "honest" former employer and how he tried very hard to deprive me of the means to make a living. Please see the attached LABOUR COURT ORDER issued by MOM on 29-Jan-2015. I ask you to judge for yourself the truthfulness of my words versus the "honesty" of DACB. As you can see, the Court had made a judgement against DACB (Eric Koh Tat Fatt) and ordered DACB to pay me $9,145 being money they shortchanged me for the 4 months that I worked there.

When Eric hired me, he made promises to entice me to work for DACB but many of these promises were not kept. Despite that, I worked hard and served DACB's customers well, getting many good feedback on DACB Facebook. When I asked Eric about missing payments (eg for midnight rescues), he gave excuses and made my life very difficult, forcing me to tender my resignation on 31-Dec-2014. But on 4-Jan-2015, Eric announced on DACB Facebook that he had terminated me due to "grounds of misconduct" and posted my photo as well. Eventually, he had to remove these defamatory postings after the Court hearing. But by then, damage had already been done.

Fortunately I have formal certification (NTC2 Vehicle Mechanic), good skills and experience. Despite DACB's attempt to demolish me, I will continue to work very hard and earn an honest living.

I am writing this article to defend myself because DACB has once again started to spread lies and I can no longer remain silent.DACB can go on telling people how "honest" they are - I will just let the Court document do the talking. Thank you for reading.

P/S: I am prepared for "haters". Yet I also believe in "goodness" of most fellow beings.

post-155857-0-53948600-1425003982_thumb.jpg

post-155857-0-45849500-1425003985_thumb.jpg

post-155857-0-01657000-1425003991.jpg

post-155857-0-07943900-1425003995.jpg

hi all ,

we offer new car battery replacement for all type of vehicles

you can come to our desired location to get your car battery replace by us .

we offers competitive price then others , we are mobile recovery team we don't have overhead rental to pay so we can try our best to give our customers the best price and we will back up yr car memory before we change your car battery that most workshop doesn't

by the way we 24 hr battery service in Singapore are a roaming company in Singapore having three vehicles on the road to rescue vehicle owners that have dead / flat battery . so do call us if you guys need our service . alternatively you can go to my thread for more information . thank!!!!

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2698808-24-hr-car-battery-service-car-battery-replacement/

24 Hrs Car Battery Replacement/Tyre Repair/Jump Start Service Singapore (9123 4455)

11265116_763583073759097_580899964161609

​Experience ​car battery failing you? 

Unable to find anyone for rescue?

Unable to tell if your ​car battery needs a jump start or a replacement?

We are 24 Hrs Car Battery Replacement Service, we provide ​Car Battery Replacement/Tyre Repair Service or​ Jump Starting your vehicle when and wherever you are!

Best Price Guarantee (No Hidden Charges) 

Prices quoted from us over the phone are fixed, There are no additional fees or hidden cost incurred when we reach your location.

So hurry call us now if you need our ​help today!!!

9123 4455 - Clement

Now the time has been changed. Many online portals provides car battery services with delivery and installation. In India BatteryBhai is best online store for batteries, they provides fastest delivery services at door steps. Like that many store started servicing online and their prices are affordable.

Someone enlighten me 

is it too early to have my E250 car battery and brake pad change at mileage 36k at 3 years old 

Thank you . 

↡ Advertisement