Change car battery

Friendstar

Someone enlighten me 

is it too early to have my E250 car battery and brake pad change at mileage 36k at 3 years old 

Thank you . 

Hi Bro,

Did you get your car new?

If so, battery in front engine for your E250 is around 3 years old and given that mileage, it should be able to last a little longer.  Unless you have in-car camera?

Brake Pad really depends on your driving style.  If do many hard braking, maybe?  Average around 60,000km for brake pads but it also depends on driving style.

You can contact a online battery retailer for your battery replacement - https://www.facebook.com/vartabatteryexpert/

Cheers.

↡ Advertisement

Hi Bro,

Did you get your car new?

If so, battery in front engine for your E250 is around 3 years old and given that mileage, it should be able to last a little longer.  Unless you have in-car camera?

Brake Pad really depends on your driving style.  If do many hard braking, maybe?  Average around 60,000km for brake pads but it also depends on driving style.

You can contact a online battery retailer for your battery replacement - https://www.facebook.com/vartabatteryexpert/

Cheers.

Ahzq17

Thank you for replying.  Your answers were almost accurate. 

My car is at 36,580km and yes with in car camera.  I have since changed he battery. 

As for the brake, given my low mileage, not sure I need to change, but since C&C mechanic suggested for safety reason, I change it anyway

So; I changed the battery , the 4 brake pads and other small stuffs + labour costs, all in I paid $2500 

Ahzq17

My car is at 36,580km and yes with in car camera.  I have since changed he battery. 

As for the brake, given my low mileage, not sure I need to change, but since C&C mechanic suggested for safety reason, I change it anyway

So; I changed the battery , the 4 brake pads and other small stuffs + labour costs, all in I paid $2500 

the front brake pads normally wear out faster than the rear brake pads. at such mileage, i am not sure if it was necessary to replace all four brake pads.

the front brake pads normally wear out faster than the rear brake pads. at such mileage, i am not sure if it was necessary to replace all four brake pads.

I have no clue all in the name of safety ...... My sister teased me u wanna dr Mercedes so is part of the deal - expensive maintenance lor ....

Ahzq17

what other small stuffs?

for $2500, they had better change all the brake discs too

:wacko:  :o

what other small stuffs?

for $2500, they had better change all the brake discs too

:wacko:  :o

The big items are 

1.  Change car battery

2. Change all brake pads 

3.  Change washer container , found to have mild leak 

Labour + parts + 'whatever they claimed that u have no ways to verify " hence $2500

I have service credit of 4800 .... let them deduct 

Edited by Innocuous

The big items are 

1.  Change car battery

2. Change all brake pads 

Labour + parts + 'whatever they claimed that u have no ways to verify " hence $2500

1. 200 bucks? I dunno about German cars but Jap cars usually can settle around 130$

2. 400 bucks can easily settle

3. what is this?

2500$ is  [knife]

The big items are 

1.  Change car battery

2. Change all brake pads 

ok...as long as you are happy can already

[:)]

1. 200 bucks? I dunno about German cars but Jap cars usually can settle around 130$

3. what is this?

2500$ is  [knife]

3. the one that contains the windshield washer fluid?

3. what is this?

2500$ is  [knife]

My philosophy about friends who had purchased is always, when someone has bought it, just leave it, what help does it make by highlighting; oh it can be cheaper, oh u shd try this , oh u shd

But your notes is well received 

Thanks ! 

3. the one that contains the windshield washer fluid?

Yes it is 

ok...as long as you are happy can already

[:)]

Well said.  It is "to each his own" but funny there are always people who cannot cross over such , they become very uncomfortable and must often their opinion even not asked ....

Knowing when to speak is an ART , truly ! 

Ahzq17

That's how Agents earn the money.  Understanding the way it works will make your life much simpler and less stressful.  

Since you have credit to deduct, it's fine.  Just remember not to go back to them for maintenance stuff unless is free.  You can do it outside for at least half the price.

haha...

That's how Agents earn the money.  Understanding the way it works will make your life much simpler and less stressful.  

Since you have credit to deduct, it's fine.  Just remember not to go back to them for maintenance stuff unless is free.  You can do it outside for at least half the price.

haha...

yeap yeap , with credit , so 

Thanks 

For Mercedes, agent battery is very expensive, bcuz it's a AGM, usually a Varta, Made in Germany.

If you replace with standard lead-acid battery outside, it can be much cheaper. Probably less than 1/2 the price.

Unless you're not getting the AGM battery, then it's severely overpriced.

Both types of battery will still work normally.

Cost of brake pads is not expensive.

But the killer is agent's workmanship and manhours.

But then again, people pay agent price bcuz they feel comfortable, they feel "safer" that they are supported.

For Mercedes, agent battery is very expensive, bcuz it's a AGM, usually a Varta, Made in Germany.

If you replace with standard lead-acid battery outside, it can be much cheaper. Probably less than 1/2 the price.

But then again, people pay agent price bcuz they feel comfortable, they feel "safer" that they are supported.

If the car is programmed to charge AGM, cannot change to AGM unless re-programmed.

In addition, it is likely need re-programming after batt change.

I believe Merc similar to BMW.

I like what you said.  Fair, objective and respectful 

Esp agent's workmanship and labour costs.  We are a very labour intensive country

I have known of people who drive S class but will service their car in Malaysia. 

Is not wrong.  Simply to each his own .  

True that.  Personally, I do not go back to Agent once warranty ends or pay for anything extra apart from the Free servicing I get.  

The sad part is that the price of normal servicing cost more than double for the same thing outside workshop.  Rule of thumb - do not go back to agent unless is warranty claim or free stuffs.  

Saw this 1-for-1 battery deal - https://goo.gl/H9Kvr3 for those who wants to replace their battery for half the cost!  [laugh] 

Just sharing! 

Cheers

Recently tried to add battery water but was surprised the battery has a plastic plate that cannot lifted, At least not easily. I read the side and it says maintenance free batt. Are there like those smaller batteries where we just add an acid pack once and forget about it type? Or are most car battery still those battery water type.

I don’t know what brand but it’s those 100 Plus dollars type road side recovery. Some no name type.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1