WAZE - GPS apps for drivers

Beng2

Yes it does, since you forgot just don't use then. On my note 2, 1 hr drive home can drain 1/4 of my batt.

So bad? Anyway, if you are in a vehicle, you can charge it on the move.

↡ Advertisement

Yes, GPS drain lots of battery juice, and the screen + 3/4G network to update the road condition.

I have a car charger, normally will used it for long trips, for short trips I will just charge at home or work.

Ultimately it's a good companion, they shows you where are the jams, at least you can inform who ever waiting for you or reroute which happened to me the other day.

Yes, GPS drain lots of battery juice, and the screen + 3/4G network to update the road condition.

I have a car charger, normally will used it for long trips, for short trips I will just charge at home or work.

Ultimately it's a good companion, they shows you where are the jams, at least you can inform who ever waiting for you or reroute which happened to me the other day.

I find slightly more wazers on the roads nowadays. In time, this app would be very useful.

Twincharged

You use HP GPS sure consume a lot battery, even if using other GPS navigation.

You want to charge HP while on the move, go buy socket to USB and just normal plug in USB connector to HP when driving lor. [laugh] [laugh]

You use HP GPS sure consume a lot battery, even if using other GPS navigation.

You want to charge HP while on the move, go buy socket to USB and just normal plug in USB connector to HP when driving lor. [laugh] [laugh]

Yup. I have a 1 to 3 socket socket. Very useful for powering multiple devices including 5V USB.

so far, has anyone used waze to drive all the way to KL or PG? what phone you using?

i love this app. but the battery drain is an issue i am trying to overcome.

even with the charger plugged in, going from Jurong to Tampines, it sucked 52% of battery juice, starting from 100% at beginning of trip.

• Praise 1

so far, has anyone used waze to drive all the way to KL or PG? what phone you using?

even with the charger plugged in, going from Jurong to Tampines, it sucked 52% of battery juice, starting from 100% at beginning of trip.

Huh? No way bah. I've driven roughly the same distance and it doesn't jiak that much juice. I use 2D mode though. You have too many apps running, your battery is old? I'm using a BB Z10 and at most it goes down to 90%.

Huh? No way bah. I've driven roughly the same distance and it doesn't jiak that much juice. I use 2D mode though. You have too many apps running, your battery is old? I'm using a BB Z10 and at most it goes down to 90%.

i am using the first gen pad fone.

dunno is it because of old batt.

i am using the first gen pad fone.

dunno is it because of old batt.

Ahgong, make sure you kill those unnecessary running tasks..

Besides, google has bought over waze to integrate in their google maps. with the huge amount of android users out there, there is no doubt that waze is more reliable before in terms of showing traffic flows. :)

Edited by Knoobie

Ahgong, make sure you kill those unnecessary running tasks..

Besides, google has bought over waze to integrate in their google maps. with the huge amount of android users out there, there is no doubt that waze is more reliable before in terms of showing traffic flows. :)

I noticed this and did the trip a few times.

I did turn off all the un-necessary apps from the second attempt onwards.

the only apps running on my phone was waze, maps and GPS.

stopped all other running apps. and the battery drain is still about 52% (on avg of 3 trips).

i am just wondering if the battery drain is the same for you guys.

pad fone is on ICS.

I noticed this and did the trip a few times.

I did turn off all the un-necessary apps from the second attempt onwards.

the only apps running on my phone was waze, maps and GPS.

stopped all other running apps. and the battery drain is still about 52% (on avg of 3 trips).

i am just wondering if the battery drain is the same for you guys.

pad fone is on ICS.

Definitely not as draining as yours. But I only used it once and most of the time I use google maps.

Let me try later and let you know.

Definitely not as draining as yours. But I only used it once and most of the time I use google maps.

Let me try later and let you know.

you also on pad fone?

you also on pad fone?

no but on android too. there should not be significant difference I believe. maybe try updating to Jelly Bean if there is any?

no but on android too. there should not be significant difference I believe. maybe try updating to Jelly Bean if there is any?

Pad fone didn't offer JB upgrade leh.

wait until neck long long also no news.

uncheck the goodie, road traffic information etc that will help to lengthen your battery life of the phone.

Turbocharged

I suspect a possibility is your charger is not rated as it should be? Edited by Solar
↡ Advertisement