WAZE - GPS apps for drivers

Beng2

so far, has anyone used waze to drive all the way to KL or PG? what phone you using?

i love this app. but the battery drain is an issue i am trying to overcome.

even with the charger plugged in, going from Jurong to Tampines, it sucked 52% of battery juice, starting from 100% at beginning of trip.

uncheck the goodie, road traffic information etc that will help to lengthen your battery life of the phone.

where can this be found?

↡ Advertisement

even with the charger plugged in, going from Jurong to Tampines, it sucked 52% of battery juice, starting from 100% at beginning of trip.

uncheck the goodie, road traffic information etc that will help to lengthen your battery life of the phone.

You are using phone right? Check if the charging port you are connected to is 500mA or 1000mA. If using tablets, you may need those 2100mA ones.

so far, has anyone used waze to drive all the way to KL or PG? what phone you using?

Daily, excellent for route planning. Get a higher amp chager.

Do take note waze uses gps, 3g/4g data as well as the whole screen, it will definitely drain more power. Mine drop as well, I'm on note 2.

I noticed this and did the trip a few times.

I did turn off all the un-necessary apps from the second attempt onwards.

the only apps running on my phone was waze, maps and GPS.

stopped all other running apps. and the battery drain is still about 52% (on avg of 3 trips).

i am just wondering if the battery drain is the same for you guys.

pad fone is on ICS.

I used Waze on iphone 4S w/o any car charger from 2nd link to Malacca. Ok le.

Very good traffic info.

1.5 million users here in Bolehland

http://star-motoring.com/News/2013/Waze-has-1-5-million-users-in-Malaysia,-ties-up-wi.asp

Which means its top 5 in the world, strangely when I was in Ho Chi Minh, launched Waze and there was no traffic report at all, nobody uses Waze overthere.. i wonder why..

data plan expensive?

data usage on phone has not penetrated the market in general?

Daily, excellent for route planning. Get a higher amp chager.

Do take note waze uses gps, 3g/4g data as well as the whole screen, it will definitely drain more power. Mine drop as well, I'm on note 2.

how much is the drop?

1.5 million users here in Bolehland

http://star-motoring.com/News/2013/Waze-has-1-5-million-users-in-Malaysia,-ties-up-wi.asp

Which means its top 5 in the world, strangely when I was in Ho Chi Minh, launched Waze and there was no traffic report at all, nobody uses Waze overthere.. i wonder why..

Most of them ride in HCM, how to use?

data plan expensive?

how much is the drop?

Varies, if I close all apps, 1 hour around 5%

data plan expensive?

Everyone there is literally using iPhones, I dont see anybody using dumbphones or any android device, and their data plan is like 1GB RM20/ $GD 8

Everyone there is literally using iPhones, I dont see anybody using dumbphones or any android device, and their data plan is like 1GB RM20/ $GD 8

hmm... then it boils down to culture or local content liow.

using iPhone doesn't mean they use the data features.

haven't been there. so can't say for sure.

where can this be found?

i have deleted the app already if i not wrong it should be in the poi

Where you can choose yr selection.

Edited by Ckchong8

I had Waze pre-install in my phone. Use it once awhile(for fun).

So far ok even in Malaysia. Funny thing is sometime can't search the exact road name but appear when reaching near the destination.

I had Waze pre-install in my phone. Use it once awhile(for fun).

So far ok even in Malaysia. Funny thing is sometime can't search the exact road name but appear when reaching near the destination.

Check with other databasa like foursquare and google? For remote areas I rely on Google but for popular location, Foursquare

Im not sure if this can be used for navigation but I found this product which you can plug into your car install customised apps on. It has GPS functionalities and connects the information with your car engine. Do you think it's worth looking into?

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/clickdrive-all-your-driving-apps-in-one-box

↡ Advertisement