Tight budgets and loose change

Latka

ST Forum

Tight budgets and loose change

I TAKE taxis only in an emergency ('Spare a thought: Remember that cabbies do not enjoy medical benefits nor the luxury of paid leave' by Madam Geraldine Khong; last Thursday).

Like cabbies, I too do not receive a 13th month wage supplement, so every cent counts. Passengers should pay the fare indicated on the meter and it is not right for cabbies to collect an extra five cents.

Koh Lee Suan (Ms)

↡ Advertisement

When got emergency, do people really think twice about the cost of taking taxi and feel the pinch?

This char bor not working is it?

Many her emergency is late for appointment with BF, due to her slow make-up or wake up late.

Some girls always pueposely wake up late, and justify taking taxi, if not will be late for work.

Some will say go for Brazilian waxing or facial appointment is emergency as the booking slot are non refundable.

If there is no rush, well planned schedule, there will not be emergency situation to take taxi.

A few years back, I was caught in a early morning rain while cycling. No taxi wanted to fetch me with my bicycle in the rain. Finally I reached a taxi stand where there were competition for taxi passenger. Not any taxi boot can accomodate a road bike. The 2nd taxi in the queue could fetch my road bike in the boot. On arrival at my destination, I told the taxi driver to keep the change. He was so excited like participant in some water festival. [laugh]

yes, this maybe right.

why not we suggest to drop the taxi rental price, rather than increase passengers' fares?

only think of one side; so i will also think one side but the other side. [:p]

↡ Advertisement