Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
47 replies to this topic | 60 praises

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

Leech
  • Leech
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Bros, anyone using one of these? Wife asked me to get one and I would like to seek some advice before spending the few hundred dollars (certainly not buying the electrolux or karcher models which cost a few thousand bucks). Which brand is good value for money? Thanks in advance

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:37 PM

Babyt
  • Babyt
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

seriously...one look at it i doubt it can clean very well. the reason i would buy is because it looks cool.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I am using the Samsung Navibot. Frankly....get a actual vacuum cleaner and do some exercise yourself better. Use the money saved to go for a good meal.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:28 PM

Qpik
  • Premium member
    Qpik
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I have 2 vacuum cleaners one of which is iClebo. It doesn't rely on "walls/lighthouse" as it has a camera onboard to map out the area to be cleaned. It comes with vacuum and "mopping" function. Despite not able to do corners and under the recliners, it still managed to do a thorough job.

The only thing that I don't like is the maintenance. Other than that, I can say it is a lifesaver to me as my place is undergoing upgrading works and I am a cleanliness freak. For those who leads a hectic lifestyle, this might be a good option provided the area to be vacuumed is not cluttered.

Edited by Qpik, 04 January 2012 - 10:28 PM.

It is difficult to make a Man understand anything especially when his salary expect him not to understand anything.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:35 PM

Cerano
  • Premium member
    Cerano
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

bro

i had a samsung navibot 8845. worked quite well but sometimes cannot go back dock when very far away and always get stuck if u got chairs. but quite good.

then around 1yr spoilt. suddenly cant on. so now im using a Neato XV-12 i brought in from the USA

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

Frankloh
  • Frankloh
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

If you have pets at home, highly recommended as it does picks up alot of dropped furs.

Basically don't think it is able to cover your whole floor area, due to battery limitation.

You still need to spend time mintaining your robot weekly if use daily! (To me it seems fun, like a hobby)
Expect to replace your battery after 1.5years costiing around $100.

For me, I am a happy owner of the roomba.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:59 PM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I have iRobot Roomba (vac only) and Scooba (very light vac + mostly mobbing). I like it....clean enough for me. But have to factor in batt replacement which usually last about 1yr - 1.5yr, if you use it at least once a day, everyday.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:09 PM

Nostalgia
  • Nostalgia
    4th Gear
    Author Image

so now im using a Neato XV-12 i brought in from the USA

I'm using a Neato as well. The room scan is cool and I like that it runs over each part of the floor just once.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:44 PM

Rayleigh
  • Rayleigh
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i'm using iRobot. It has become a necessary evil in my house liao. No regrets.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:51 PM

Curahee
  • Curahee
    Supercharged
    Author Image

My friend sell vacuum cleaner in Courts, ask him whether these robot is gd, he say forget it, dun waste money. Juz a fad. Not gd to use.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:57 PM

Cerano
  • Premium member
    Cerano
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I'm using a Neato as well. The room scan is cool and I like that it runs over each part of the floor just once.

honestly speaking its worse than my navibot. it doesnt dock all the time and it has to pass by the dock once before u can let it go back. thats if it can even find its dock.

also, it doesnt know where it is per se. its only inertial navigation so where it starts it will end.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:06 AM

Jj5599
  • Jj5599
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Use a broom and a mop better.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:36 AM

Jchuacl
  • Jchuacl
    5th Gear
    Author Image

It doesn't mean being the sales person, he is the best advisor. Recently I went to courts and ask them if they carry Philips steamer/blender combi, and they tell there's no such product. I just tell them, if u don't carry it's fine with me, just don't try to b-------t me abt non existence of the product. Subsequently I got it from Robinsons as they have a new year sale on the product (they advertised on the papers)

I've used IRobot Roomba/Scooba combo for 5 years and I can tell you that it's good enough to keep an uncluttered house clean. In fact, it's even cleaner than mopping the floor myself. I just need to take care of the corners that it can't reach.

My friend sell vacuum cleaner in Courts, ask him whether these robot is gd, he say forget it, dun waste money. Juz a fad. Not gd to use.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:17 AM

Naughty9795
  • Naughty9795
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I have been using I robot for around 8 years because I used to have a cat. You do not expect the outcome of the cleaning compare to hand on one. I should say it serve 60-70%. It is reliable and the current one is the second one. The first one didn't break down except the battery. I would suggest to get a extended warrenty.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:28 AM

Cklasse
  • Cklasse
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Have been running the Roomba for many years and it's worth every cent spent.
Will I get another one in future? Certainly.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:38 AM

Horsee
  • Premium member
    Horsee
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

May I know where u buy roomba from and maintenance cost for battery replacement

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:08 AM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Battery is around $130-$150.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:35 AM

Babyt
  • Babyt
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

most dust and dog fur gather at the corners of the house....since these bots cant clean edges properly, no pt buying a half-fuk machine.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

Windchoco
  • Premium member
    Windchoco
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hi,

Where to get the irobot stuff cheap? Must buy from US?

Moving hse soon...

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

Mazdaowner
  • Mazdaowner
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Using Irobot Roomba and Scooba, totally no regrets. Get form local online vendor.
Trustworthy one stays in Bukit Batok. Very good after sales service.

May I know where u buy roomba from and maintenance cost for battery replacement

Kenny Nia & Georgie Pai are MCF's biggest hypocrites:)
The idiot who do unto others first, is a insecure prick. :D

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Automatic, robotic, vacuum and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users