Scam calls from Chinese man..

Cars08

BTW...my way of handling such call...if it is a china mei mei...if she said I strike a big price...I will ask her want to sleep with me or not or be my mistress.......and I will share some of the money with her... [laugh] ....or I will ask her some very personal question until she cannot tahan and hang up....good fun...

[laugh]

I don't think sexual harassment is a good way leh, later one day u thought is china mei but actually is Singaporean, die!

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

today lunch time got this strange number calling to my hp,

which bloody number starts with 315?

I never bother to pick up the call

Anyway to block the particular number? been receiving it for more than 7 times for the past week.

Or do we goto inform the telco?

Smartphones have apps that can block it. Just search 'call filter' or 'call block' in your app/play store.

Supersonic

Recently, I got one call from +888888888888

I don't think that's a real number, but how did it get past the telcos ?

Ok thanks Nic. will check up on the app.

i also received very funny numbers , i think they using a program from the computer to dial maybe.

those numbers looked too funny to be real.

haha +888 888 888 888, got it yesterday pick it up but no sound and the other party hang up...

also recently this call starting with +57... missed it a few times but once pick it up and found that it is a telemarketer...(forget for what already...)

Recently, I got one call from +888888888888

I don't think that's a real number, but how did it get past the telcos ?

I have blocked this number some time back.

On the Samsung Galaxy phone you can long press the number in call log and add to reject list. In the settings turn on auto-reject mode.

Supersonic

IP phone can have any number. Try calling yourself from Skype or Google Voice.

You're right. It's probably IP phone number.

They can put any number they like. It will be forwarded through the telco network.

But there's a real number that connected somewhere at the server, which is traceable, but difficult for the ordinary receiver.

Just like email spam, this is phone spam.

Normally, I just ignore overseas number with "+" and "private number"

Supersonic

I have blocked this number some time back.

On the Samsung Galaxy phone you can long press the number in call log and add to reject list. In the settings turn on auto-reject mode.

If the same number keep calling, yes, I put it to reject list.

Otherwise, the reject list gets too long. [laugh]

2 nights ago I received a call from a +86 number, caller ask me "hey, do you remember me?".
Voice is similar with my long term overseas agent and I mistook him as my friend.
He informed me he will be coming to Singapore on Monday and flight had not been booked yet.
Will revert to me his flight details tomorrow.

As he is my good friend and I told him, sure, I will find time to meet up with you.
Yesterday he called me again informing me the flight details etc.
And follow up with his actual scam job.
"My friend, I am coming over to Singapore on Monday and meantime, I need your help.
Having problems with my funds and can you transfer to me RMB 20,000 first and I will return you on Monday when we meet?".
I rejected him saying I have no money.
"Come on, we had been friends & business together for so long, can you go borrow from friends first?".
I changed topic to, have you booked your hotel yet?
Do you want me to check the hotel rate etc for you?
We continue with the hotel topic and I say to him, I try my best to find funds for you and revert back 1 hour later.
2 hours later, he called again to check on funding and I rejected him again.
Today, I actually went to check hotel rates for him and I told him I found the budget/location for him.
Can I email to you the hotel website?
He replied, "Can you sms to me as I having internet issues".
Scam was discovered when I sms and email to him.
My actual friend emailed me back, you responded have you sent the wrong email?
I called this mystery guy from my office line twice, no reply (maybe avoiding someone) and hours later via my H/P and he picked up.
Confronted him and he engaged my phone after he couldnt say his name to me.

Well, got a scam call before, too. Told me Microsoft was alerted about the virus on my PC and that this man named Harris called up to let me know about it. Said he's more than willing to help me remove it and get my computer running smoothly again. And I was like, "Such a good man. How do we do that?"

Harris: That'll be very easy, Sir. Are you in front of your computer right now?

Me: Yes, I am... Hmm... What company again are you working for?

Harris: We're affiliated with Microsoft, Sir.

Me: That's funny.

Harris: I'm sorry, Sir, but what do you mean?

Me: I got Mac.

Then Harris hung up.

LOL!!!!

315 not scam lar.......... landline starting with 6 is used up liao...... so now use 3........ my oc office number also start with 3

2 nights ago I received a call from a +86 number, caller ask me "hey, do you remember me?".
Voice is similar with my long term overseas agent and I mistook him as my friend.
He informed me he will be coming to Singapore on Monday and flight had not been booked yet.
Will revert to me his flight details tomorrow.

As he is my good friend and I told him, sure, I will find time to meet up with you.

Yesterday he called me again informing me the flight details etc.
And follow up with his actual scam job.
"My friend, I am coming over to Singapore on Monday and meantime, I need your help.
Having problems with my funds and can you transfer to me RMB 20,000 first and I will return you on Monday when we meet?".
I rejected him saying I have no money.
"Come on, we had been friends & business together for so long, can you go borrow from friends first?".
I changed topic to, have you booked your hotel yet?
Do you want me to check the hotel rate etc for you?
We continue with the hotel topic and I say to him, I try my best to find funds for you and revert back 1 hour later.
2 hours later, he called again to check on funding and I rejected him again.
Today, I actually went to check hotel rates for him and I told him I found the budget/location for him.
Can I email to you the hotel website?
He replied, "Can you sms to me as I having internet issues".
Scam was discovered when I sms and email to him.
My actual friend emailed me back, you responded have you sent the wrong email?
I called this mystery guy from my office line twice, no reply (maybe avoiding someone) and hours later via my H/P and he picked up.
Confronted him and he engaged my phone after he couldnt say his name to me.

I also received a call similar to yours and so did a friend of mine. He claimed be my friend from HK and said he had a sore throat hence sounded different. LOL! I told him dun waste my time and hung up

He never did call again

Edited by Old-driver

hi

this morning , got a woman prc calling and say, hello, are you tan xx xx.

i think they have change tactics where they call you , give you a fake name and hoping that you will say, no , my name is not tan xx xx but

lee hisen long or something after they got your name they will call another time to scam you

kindly inform your family members not to disclose their name and just say wrong person and hang up

the number is +30001 and 1111111111 and 2222222222

Edited by frenchfly
  • Praise 2

hi

this morning , got a woman prc calling and say, hello, are you tan xx xx.

i think they have change tactics where they call you , give you a fake name and hoping that you will say, no , my name is not tan xx xx but

lee hisen long or something after they got your name they will call another time to scam you

kindly inform your family members not to disclose their name and just say wrong person and hang up

thx for the info

↡ Advertisement