• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
38 replies to this topic | 137 praises

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:11 PM

Samshio
  • Premium member
    Samshio
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

Do you know what is the difference between 3m normal solar film and crystalline solar film ? Anyone used it before ?

Which is better ?

It seems the some people use the normal film for the front windscreen and crystalline for the rear ? Why is that ?

Thanks
2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

Kch32
  • Kch32
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi, anyone installed the 3M crystalline solar film can give some feedback?
me considering between 3M crystalline solar film (IRR 90%+) and Tintsy Cool (IRR 99%).
2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

Wisefool
  • Premium member
    Wisefool
    Clutched
    Author Image

i've installed 3M crystaline for my front & back, 3M normal for the sides 18 months ago.

Crystaline is more effective and more costly so having it right in front & back reduces direct noon sun.

3M comes with 10 years warranty and transferable to the next owner.

So far, so good. cool.gif
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:50 AM

Micarforum
  • Micarforum
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

don't bother with other brands, 3m crystalline solar films have no interference issues with IU/mobilephone/GPS, doesn't change color after years of usage, high IR rejection, and cheaper than v-kool. For best service, you can try DS Specialty Services at Eunos, top notch service.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

CMS
  • CMS
    1st Gear
    Author Image

don't bother with other brands, 3m crystalline solar films have no interference issues with IU/mobilephone/GPS, doesn't change color after years of usage, high IR rejection, and cheaper than v-kool. For best service, you can try DS Specialty Services at Eunos, top notch service.

But 3M crystalline is it LTA legal...?? Intend to put front and rear as well as the side

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

Micarforum
  • Micarforum
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

But 3M crystalline is it LTA legal...?? Intend to put front and rear as well as the side

yes, i think there're grade 90, 70, 40 in terms of light transmission, 90 means 90% light can go through, this one must be used for the front and front sides, the rear sides, you can use the darker ones.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

Topspin
  • Topspin
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi all,

Do you know what is the difference between 3m normal solar film and crystalline solar film ? Anyone used it before ?

Which is better ?

It seems the some people use the normal film for the front windscreen and crystalline for the rear ? Why is that ?

Thanks

3M Crystalline range solar film is given by Lexus and the normal 3M range is given by Toyota free of charge. I have driven cars with the two types of film. The difference is very significant. There is still a warm sensation on your skin if the sun shines through the window with the normal 3M range. Very much less on the Crystalline range. The steering wheel of the car with normal 3M film is almost difficult to touch when parked for sometime under the hot afternoon sun. No issue at all with the Crystalline range.

In the two cars I drove with different 3M film types, the amount of light transmission (tinting) is about the same. So the experience I had has NOTHING to do with the tinting (darkness) of the film. But generally for a same film type, the darker tint would have slightly better heat rejection.

Edited by Topspin, 02 May 2012 - 10:23 PM.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:56 AM

Swiftride
  • Swiftride
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi all,.
Went to enquire about 3m crystalline and the person recommend 3m Platanium .
Anyone has use or have any comment on 3m platinum ??

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

Micarforum
  • Micarforum
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi all,.
Went to enquire about 3m crystalline and the person recommend 3m Platanium .
Anyone has use or have any comment on 3m platinum ??

No such thing based on http://solutions.3m....cts/Automotive/

Unless they call the normal 3m solar film as platinum.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:05 PM

Swiftride
  • Swiftride
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Yes, from the website it should be the premium package .
Any comment or feedback on this one ? Will crystalline be a better choice ?

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It is legal.
|1994|Legum Baccalaureus-Legum Magister|Financial Prudence|HDB|MedisaveApproveIntegratedPlan-Insurance|Manchester United FC|Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Specifications-Parts-Accessories|Suzuki Swift GS|Mitsubishi Lancer CS 3|Volkswagen Golf MKVI|Audi A4B9|

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

3M Crystalline range solar film is given by Lexus and the normal 3M range is given by Toyota free of charge. I have driven cars with the two types of film. The difference is very significant. There is still a warm sensation on your skin if the sun shines through the window with the normal 3M range. Very much less on the Crystalline range. The steering wheel of the car with normal 3M film is almost difficult to touch when parked for sometime under the hot afternoon sun. No issue at all with the Crystalline range.

In the two cars I drove with different 3M film types, the amount of light transmission (tinting) is about the same. So the experience I had has NOTHING to do with the tinting (darkness) of the film. But generally for a same film type, the darker tint would have slightly better heat rejection.

Yes. I agree.
|1994|Legum Baccalaureus-Legum Magister|Financial Prudence|HDB|MedisaveApproveIntegratedPlan-Insurance|Manchester United FC|Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Specifications-Parts-Accessories|Suzuki Swift GS|Mitsubishi Lancer CS 3|Volkswagen Golf MKVI|Audi A4B9|

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:52 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    Supercharged
    Author Image

i am on 3M solar film ... dunno what model it is but cost me $1.1k in 2006, install in auth shop in Ubi.

anyway, i do not recommend it as i feel that its not worth it.

prefer the $3?? Thermal Guard "Laguna series" i put on my previous car instead.

if i got new car, i wud surely go for TG again ... but wonder if they are still around or not ?

personally, i feel that the TG is thicker than the 3M.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:00 AM

Micarforum
  • Micarforum
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

yesterday i saw car's solar film turned purplish multi-colour, probably due to the metallic compounds on the solar film. 3M crystalline solar film won't have this issue since it's ceramic :-)

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

Cliveekeo
  • Cliveekeo
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

yes, i think there're grade 90, 70, 40 in terms of light transmission, 90 means 90% light can go through, this one must be used for the front and front sides, the rear sides, you can use the darker ones.

Yeah, I also agree with you that 90% light can go through, and we can use it for front sides and rear sides.

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

Spidercool
  • Spidercool
    4th Gear
    Author Image

i am on 3M solar film ... dunno what model it is but cost me $1.1k in 2006, install in auth shop in Ubi.

anyway, i do not recommend it as i feel that its not worth it.

prefer the $3?? Thermal Guard "Laguna series" i put on my previous car instead.

if i got new car, i wud surely go for TG again ... but wonder if they are still around or not ?

personally, i feel that the TG is thicker than the 3M.

Was on thermal guard before and yes. It was much effective compare to the dunno wata film am using now given by komoco...

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:11 PM

Yysiong
  • Premium member
    Yysiong
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Anybody use CR70 grade in malaysia?
VLT68%... 2% off aporoval grade.

So far inspection ok?

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:51 PM

synthez
  • Premium member
    synthez
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Anyone used CR 40 for their sunroof before? Is it too dark? I.E affects the view outside?

Thanks

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:37 AM

villan
  • Premium member
    villan
    Clutched
    Author Image

is 3m crystalline better than coolnlite?

price difference is minimal

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:49 PM

Brainstorm
  • Premium member
    Brainstorm
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Also thinking of getting CR70 for the front windscreen.

3M Crystalline reflects thermal energy while the rest of those nano ceramic solar film (Infartint, Tintsy Cool, etc etc) absorb heat and transfer to the glass or air around it. So even if the ceramic film can give 99% IRR, it may not perform better than 3M Crystalline in an enclosed space.
dsman praised this

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users