3m normal and crystalline solar film

Samshio

Hi all,

Do you know what is the difference between 3m normal solar film and crystalline solar film ? Anyone used it before ?

Which is better ?

It seems the some people use the normal film for the front windscreen and crystalline for the rear ? Why is that ?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Neutral Newbie

Hi, anyone installed the 3M crystalline solar film can give some feedback?

me considering between 3M crystalline solar film (IRR 90%+) and Tintsy Cool (IRR 99%).

• Praise 4

i've installed 3M crystaline for my front & back, 3M normal for the sides 18 months ago.

Crystaline is more effective and more costly so having it right in front & back reduces direct noon sun.

3M comes with 10 years warranty and transferable to the next owner.

So far, so good. [cool]

• Praise 3

don't bother with other brands, 3m crystalline solar films have no interference issues with IU/mobilephone/GPS, doesn't change color after years of usage, high IR rejection, and cheaper than v-kool. For best service, you can try DS Specialty Services at Eunos, top notch service.

• Praise 3

Clutched

don't bother with other brands, 3m crystalline solar films have no interference issues with IU/mobilephone/GPS, doesn't change color after years of usage, high IR rejection, and cheaper than v-kool. For best service, you can try DS Specialty Services at Eunos, top notch service.

But 3M crystalline is it LTA legal...?? Intend to put front and rear as well as the side

• Praise 1

But 3M crystalline is it LTA legal...?? Intend to put front and rear as well as the side

yes, i think there're grade 90, 70, 40 in terms of light transmission, 90 means 90% light can go through, this one must be used for the front and front sides, the rear sides, you can use the darker ones.

(edited)

Hi all,

Do you know what is the difference between 3m normal solar film and crystalline solar film ? Anyone used it before ?

Which is better ?

It seems the some people use the normal film for the front windscreen and crystalline for the rear ? Why is that ?

Thanks

3M Crystalline range solar film is given by Lexus and the normal 3M range is given by Toyota free of charge. I have driven cars with the two types of film. The difference is very significant. There is still a warm sensation on your skin if the sun shines through the window with the normal 3M range. Very much less on the Crystalline range. The steering wheel of the car with normal 3M film is almost difficult to touch when parked for sometime under the hot afternoon sun. No issue at all with the Crystalline range.

In the two cars I drove with different 3M film types, the amount of light transmission (tinting) is about the same. So the experience I had has NOTHING to do with the tinting (darkness) of the film. But generally for a same film type, the darker tint would have slightly better heat rejection.

Edited by Topspin
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,.

Went to enquire about 3m crystalline and the person recommend 3m Platanium .

Anyone has use or have any comment on 3m platinum ??

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Yes, from the website it should be the premium package .

Any comment or feedback on this one ? Will crystalline be a better choice ?

• Praise 1

6th Gear

It is legal.

• Praise 1

6th Gear

3M Crystalline range solar film is given by Lexus and the normal 3M range is given by Toyota free of charge. I have driven cars with the two types of film. The difference is very significant. There is still a warm sensation on your skin if the sun shines through the window with the normal 3M range. Very much less on the Crystalline range. The steering wheel of the car with normal 3M film is almost difficult to touch when parked for sometime under the hot afternoon sun. No issue at all with the Crystalline range.

In the two cars I drove with different 3M film types, the amount of light transmission (tinting) is about the same. So the experience I had has NOTHING to do with the tinting (darkness) of the film. But generally for a same film type, the darker tint would have slightly better heat rejection.

Yes. I agree.

Twincharged

i am on 3M solar film ... dunno what model it is but cost me $1.1k in 2006, install in auth shop in Ubi.

anyway, i do not recommend it as i feel that its not worth it.

prefer the $3?? Thermal Guard "Laguna series" i put on my previous car instead.

if i got new car, i wud surely go for TG again ... but wonder if they are still around or not ?

personally, i feel that the TG is thicker than the 3M.

• Praise 1

yesterday i saw car's solar film turned purplish multi-colour, probably due to the metallic compounds on the solar film. 3M crystalline solar film won't have this issue since it's ceramic :-)

yes, i think there're grade 90, 70, 40 in terms of light transmission, 90 means 90% light can go through, this one must be used for the front and front sides, the rear sides, you can use the darker ones.

Yeah, I also agree with you that 90% light can go through, and we can use it for front sides and rear sides.

• Praise 1

i am on 3M solar film ... dunno what model it is but cost me $1.1k in 2006, install in auth shop in Ubi.

anyway, i do not recommend it as i feel that its not worth it.

prefer the $3?? Thermal Guard "Laguna series" i put on my previous car instead.

if i got new car, i wud surely go for TG again ... but wonder if they are still around or not ?

personally, i feel that the TG is thicker than the 3M.

Was on thermal guard before and yes. It was much effective compare to the dunno wata film am using now given by komoco...

• Praise 2

Anyone used CR 40 for their sunroof before? Is it too dark? I.E affects the view outside?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1