LTA ENFORCEMENT

Camrytron

Reading from paper, it is the role of TP.

My fren just caught outside the school without booster seat for his kid.

Fine $120 & 3 point demerit.

just curious, do TP also go after the drivers that gives occasional rides to friends or relatives with kids?

if they do, it will create a create a culture of not giving lifts to friends/relatives with kids.

↡ Advertisement

LTA enforcement officers are actually State Police officers(SPF). They don the same uniform as the Traffic Police, with an additional crest on their smart white uniform. All State Police officers, whether TP or not, can book motorists for traffic related offences.

If I am not mistaken, SPF no more loan officers to LTA.

LTA employ themself and they only look out for modified vehicles, overloading lorries, dirty vehicles, illegal registration number plates, noisy exhaust, illegal tinted window not confirm to LTA standard, complaint against taxi drivers, bus drivers (private & public) and weekends vehicles (red plate) travelling within 7am to 7pm whilst on complaint files (drivers failing to pay and some 'ah chit' or boh leow ppl complaint)...... :ph34r:

Traffic offences are still belong to TP Division. -_-

just curious, do TP also go after the drivers that gives occasional rides to friends or relatives with kids?

if they do, it will create a create a culture of not giving lifts to friends/relatives with kids.

I guess occasional rapist can be forgiven since its only occasionally they rape? [:p]

I guess occasional rapist can be forgiven since its only occasionally they rape? [:p]

please la, how is is crime of rape vs crime of not putting on baby seat comparable? plus this is a question about whether there is any remission for good social behavior......when can rape ever be borne out of good social behavior?

It matters not the social intention, if it is deemed an offence, a serious crime or minor offence, whether committed frequently or occasionally, will carry the same weightage. I dont think you can tell the judge, Sir I only occasionally commit this offence, as an excuse can you?

Neutral Newbie

It matters not the social intention, if it is deemed an offence, a serious crime or minor offence, whether committed frequently or occasionally, will carry the same weightage. I dont think you can tell the judge, Sir I only occasionally commit this offence, as an excuse can you?

Like tat cab and taxi cannot ferry baby and toddler liao lo

alamak you are going around in circles. first you answer with the rape example and when i pointed out the inappropriateness of that example, you discard that example completely and now talk about frequency of offence as mitigating plea to the judge.

i am merely asking about a less typical case whether a good social behavior of helping another person can be excused for an offence that was mooted with scenario of another particular profile of appellant. when this rule was set, as like all cases when rules are first set, they have not considered all the less typical scenarios for which it could happen.

TP LTA both r there to enforce the law, each got their own areas of enforcement. This doesn't mean they wouldn't care if u r flawing other areas.

Simple example, if u r admin, u wouldn go do shipping duty.but if shipping exec not around n delivery man come, u will help to collect, then pass back to shipping later