Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
17 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:52 PM

Creative_tec
  • Creative_tec
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I have the following scenario to transfer the car plate which I can't seems to find out the exact procedure over the net..

I have 2 cars both under my name.

Let's say I wanna transfer car A plate to car B, and car B to regenerate a new plate, how much will the cost be and how should I go around doing it? I believe this kind of job is a few mouse clicks away and I dun feel like paying a dealer 100++ just to do this job.

Anyone have transfer plate like my scenario before?

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:10 PM

SimonTan
  • SimonTan
    Banned

If its just a mouse click away, then you should not have any delays getting the answers by now.
Good luck.

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:38 PM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I have the following scenario to transfer the car plate which I can't seems to find out the exact procedure over the net..

Let's say I wanna transfer car A plate to car B, and car B to regenerate a new plate, how much will the cost be and how should I go around doing it? I believe this kind of job is a few mouse clicks away and I dun feel like paying a dealer 100++ just to do this job.

Plate to new car cost around 100 plus. Plate to another old car cost around 1000plus = all due to LTA.

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:41 PM

Canisminor
  • Canisminor
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Done it before several times. Cost depends on whether car B is already registered or not. If its a new car, just need to apply for number retention for car A and LTA will generate a new number for you for car A. Cost is $1300.

You can then apply to put retained number on car B. If its a new car, you get $1200 back. If its a used car, no refund.

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:45 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Whether the car number is to new car or used car, the owner name must be the same, right? unsure.gif Can car number transfer to a car under different name?
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:31 PM

Injenue
  • Premium member
    Injenue
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

If its just a mouse click away, then you should not have any delays getting the answers by now.
Good luck.

if you don't know the answer then don't bother to reply la.. being sarcastic is not helpful!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:34 PM

Seaweed
  • Seaweed
    Supercharged
    Author Image

ha ha ha ha.... thumbsup.gif

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:41 PM

Unltd
  • Unltd
    Supercharged
    Author Image

This is simple transfer la, when you transfer car A plate to car B, LTA will auto generate a new plate for car A. If both are used cars than it will cost about $1300, if car you are transferring to is new car then it is about $100.

But the way you describe is weird, why you transfer plate A to car B and then want to regenerate a new plate for B?

So I am assuming what I describe is what you actually need.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."
Smile, and the world will smile with you. Laugh and they'll all think your on drugs
"i'm not tailgating, i'm keeping up with the pace car"
When it's a question of money, everybody is of the same religion

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:49 AM

SimonTan
  • SimonTan
    Banned

if you don't know the answer then don't bother to reply la.. being sarcastic is not helpful!

you are right about my sarcastic remark.
Spot on.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Whether the car number is to new car or used car, the owner name must be the same, right? unsure.gif Can car number transfer to a car under different name?

Hey, any one have answer to the above? Im looking into buying number for my new car but the different owner need to pay additional? Or need to change ownership?

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

Dinosaka
  • Dinosaka
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hey, any one have answer to the above? Im looking into buying number for my new car but the different owner need to pay additional? Or need to change ownership?

Owner name must be same and can't transfer to other owner name unless u buy over his car.

If want to do that can be done but sum money involve and abit ma fun lor

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

100? i think is 1000+ to retain your old plate.

Edited by Mockngbrd, 06 August 2012 - 03:26 PM.

Garage36.com

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

100? i think is 1000+ to retain your old plate.

$100 is to retain number to brand new car, $1300 is to retain number to used car.
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

Jrage
  • Jrage
    5th Gear
    Author Image

This is simple transfer la, when you transfer car A plate to car B, LTA will auto generate a new plate for car A. If both are used cars than it will cost about $1300, if car you are transferring to is new car then it is about $100.
But the way you describe is weird, why you transfer plate A to car B and then want to regenerate a new plate for B?
So I am assuming what I describe is what you actually need.

I think TS just wanted the car plate #X on A is completely out of the system before he tries to sell the car B away.

If he transfer #X from A to B, B will have #X and if he tries to sell B. #X will be up to the new owner to retain or disposed. So TS want #X to replaced.

Edited by Jrage, 06 August 2012 - 03:54 PM.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I think TS just wanted the car plate #X on A is completely out of the system before he tries to sell the car B away.

If he transfer #X from A to B, B will have #X and if he tries to sell B. #X will be up to the new owner to retain or disposed. So TS want #X to replaced.

just wanna ask also.

can i transfer plate from current car A, to car B, destroy car A's original plate and get a new LTA assigned plate?

or is it a must to bid if transfer?

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:03 AM

Tainey
  • Tainey
    Banned

I think you should go to your RTO office and try to do so.

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:28 PM

Aidan
  • Aidan
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I buying a USED car with nice number and my wife taking delivery of NEW car in August.

My EXISTING car plate I want to transfer to the USED car and then USED car plate transfer to my wife's new car.

Problem is mine is now and her car is in August.

Any advice on how to go about it?

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:48 PM

Aventador
  • Aventador
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I buying a USED car with nice number and my wife taking delivery of NEW car in August.

My EXISTING car plate I want to transfer to the USED car and then USED car plate transfer to my wife's new car.

Problem is mine is now and her car is in August.

Any advice on how to go about it?

simple thing

retain existing car plate A , pay $1300. existing car will get new random number B

retain used car plate C , pay $1300. Put on car plate A

New car come, give them letter for car plate C. they refund you $1200 

Freeder praised this

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Transfer, car, plate, number and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users