Transfer of car plate number.. Complicated!!

Creative_tec

I have the following scenario to transfer the car plate which I can't seems to find out the exact procedure over the net..

I have 2 cars both under my name.

Let's say I wanna transfer car A plate to car B, and car B to regenerate a new plate, how much will the cost be and how should I go around doing it? I believe this kind of job is a few mouse clicks away and I dun feel like paying a dealer 100++ just to do this job.

Anyone have transfer plate like my scenario before?

↡ Advertisement

I have the following scenario to transfer the car plate which I can't seems to find out the exact procedure over the net..

Let's say I wanna transfer car A plate to car B, and car B to regenerate a new plate, how much will the cost be and how should I go around doing it? I believe this kind of job is a few mouse clicks away and I dun feel like paying a dealer 100++ just to do this job.

Plate to new car cost around 100 plus. Plate to another old car cost around 1000plus = all due to LTA.

Done it before several times. Cost depends on whether car B is already registered or not. If its a new car, just need to apply for number retention for car A and LTA will generate a new number for you for car A. Cost is $1300.

You can then apply to put retained number on car B. If its a new car, you get $1200 back. If its a used car, no refund.

Whether the car number is to new car or used car, the owner name must be the same, right? [:/] Can car number transfer to a car under different name?

Neutral Newbie

If its just a mouse click away, then you should not have any delays getting the answers by now.

Good luck.

if you don't know the answer then don't bother to reply la.. being sarcastic is not helpful!

This is simple transfer la, when you transfer car A plate to car B, LTA will auto generate a new plate for car A. If both are used cars than it will cost about $1300, if car you are transferring to is new car then it is about $100.

But the way you describe is weird, why you transfer plate A to car B and then want to regenerate a new plate for B?

So I am assuming what I describe is what you actually need.

if you don't know the answer then don't bother to reply la.. being sarcastic is not helpful!

you are right about my sarcastic remark.

Spot on.

Whether the car number is to new car or used car, the owner name must be the same, right? [:/] Can car number transfer to a car under different name?

Hey, any one have answer to the above? Im looking into buying number for my new car but the different owner need to pay additional? Or need to change ownership?

Hey, any one have answer to the above? Im looking into buying number for my new car but the different owner need to pay additional? Or need to change ownership?

Owner name must be same and can't transfer to other owner name unless u buy over his car.

If want to do that can be done but sum money involve and abit ma fun lor

100? i think is 1000+ to retain your old plate.

$100 is to retain number to brand new car, $1300 is to retain number to used car.

This is simple transfer la, when you transfer car A plate to car B, LTA will auto generate a new plate for car A. If both are used cars than it will cost about $1300, if car you are transferring to is new car then it is about $100.

But the way you describe is weird, why you transfer plate A to car B and then want to regenerate a new plate for B?

So I am assuming what I describe is what you actually need.

I think TS just wanted the car plate #X on A is completely out of the system before he tries to sell the car B away.

If he transfer #X from A to B, B will have #X and if he tries to sell B. #X will be up to the new owner to retain or disposed. So TS want #X to replaced.

Edited by Jrage

I think TS just wanted the car plate #X on A is completely out of the system before he tries to sell the car B away.

If he transfer #X from A to B, B will have #X and if he tries to sell B. #X will be up to the new owner to retain or disposed. So TS want #X to replaced.

just wanna ask also.

can i transfer plate from current car A, to car B, destroy car A's original plate and get a new LTA assigned plate?

or is it a must to bid if transfer?

I buying a USED car with nice number and my wife taking delivery of NEW car in August.

My EXISTING car plate I want to transfer to the USED car and then USED car plate transfer to my wife's new car.

Problem is mine is now and her car is in August.

Any advice on how to go about it?

I buying a USED car with nice number and my wife taking delivery of NEW car in August.

My EXISTING car plate I want to transfer to the USED car and then USED car plate transfer to my wife's new car.

Problem is mine is now and her car is in August.

Any advice on how to go about it?

simple thing

retain existing car plate A , pay $1300. existing car will get new random number B

retain used car plate C , pay $1300. Put on car plate A

New car come, give them letter for car plate C. they refund you $1200 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1