SCHOOL TRANSPORT

Shorty

Turbocharged

guys, i hv a problem regarding my daughter's sch transport. her sch is only abt 2-3km away from home. but no choice had to take transport. this yr however, the transport co play punk. sch starts at 2pm, but they fetch at 1pm, saying no other slots. n then, now no return trip. only pick up, no sending back home. i pay $100 each mth for a 3mins trip.

n now cos no return trip, they r charging $70. n i hv to arrange my own for the return trip home. really damn tulan. sch also cant do anything.

so...any of u guys knows of any transport co willing to do xtra trip? or even taxi drivers. my house is at jurong west st 91 n the school is at jurong west stadium. pls let me know. thks!

↡ Advertisement

Should get a nanny or maid to solve the problem.

Been through both and its a pain in the ass problem.

But bor bian. -_-

Edited by Hiphiphoray

parents held ransom to transport operators....

I also faced same problem years ago for my kid ... but at the time school bus still $30...

made friends with neighbours and took turns "kidpooling" by walking each others kids to and from school... (my mom and the neighbours moms). If 2 - 3 nearby families arrange - only need to make trip to school once or twice a week.

Turbocharged

Maid is out. Cant hv one at the moment. If hire nanny to walk her to school...gonna cost ard $100 per mth also. But wat im worried abt is when it rains. N my FIL has offered to fetch her by bicycle. Same thing also...if rain jialat.

Really held at ransom by these ansport co. N principal cant do anything.

Maid is out. Cant hv one at the moment. If hire nanny to walk her to school...gonna cost ard $100 per mth also. But wat im worried abt is when it rains. N my FIL has offered to fetch her by bicycle. Same thing also...if rain jialat.

Really held at ransom by these ansport co. N principal cant do anything.

Get your FIL to walk her to school. JW St 91 to stadium is walkable. If you're somewhere at Blk 90X area, distance to stadium less than 2km.

There are plans for shelter upgrading scheme there also.

Edited by Kangadrool

same scenario when my kids started pre-school..got no choice that's why decided to buy car..drop them off on the way to work and lunch time pick them up (dismissed at 1130)...reason also which I cannot switch coys as of the moment because of this dilemma....work place is near my kids school so can pick and drop them off...

problem is usually the appointed school transport is independent of school policy...it's privatised...and was told last time they (school) cannot do anything...either we take it or find our own way...best part we still need to pay school transport even on school holidays!! :huh: :huh: :huh:

Did you talk to the sch principal?

The school transport is commercially selected by the school, should ask the school principal to step in.

if i am not wrong. Primary and Secondary school. yes principal can step in.

but i dont think Preschool one can. cause they confirm not enough numbers to justify the bus company to listen.

I also have the same problem, though not as jialt as yours. This is the way i solved it:

Going to school SOP:

My son needs to be in school by 1230. so my maid will bring along a foldable bicycle and take a cab to school with my son. If the teksi lau has problem with directions, i have pre-prepared a photocopied map with the route highlighted. The trip cost me $5. After they reach school, my maid will take down the bike from the boot and cycle home.

Coming back home SOP

My son ends school at 1830. The earliest i can reach his school is 1845. To prevent him from panicking if he does not see me if the e-ways are jam, i provided him with a SAF approved handphone ( [grin] ). so once he finish school, he will call me. There is no worries of high phone bills because we are on M1 (Free calls to 3 pre-designated M1 lines.) My son will also wait at the security reception.

Cost Comparison:

School bus: $60 per month * 12 months divided by 9 months (my son effectively only goes to school for 9 momths a year) = $80 per month

Teksi + Bike + Mustank + handphone cost = ($5 * 5 days * 4 weeks) + (Bike is $400. Monthly cost is dependent on how many years it is depreciated over) + (Mustank cost is free! Long live DIESEL!!!!!) + ($3) = $103 per month

Wait a minute how come got $3 mobile line one [confused] my gong see got super discount with telco. i pay $14 a month for 20 months (M1 upgrade period is 20 months not 21 months.) that works out to $280. They gave me a $0 HTC Wildfire S which i sold off for $220. Now that becomes $60. $60 divided by 20 months = $3 [sunny]

Time savings:

Bus: Board the bus at 1120, school starts at 1230. Board the bus at 1830, alight at 1930. Total time taken = 80 mins + 60 mins = 140 mins [furious]

Teksi + Bike + Mustank: Start waiting for Teksi at 1200, reach school at 1230. Board Mustank at 1845, reach home at 1900 = 45 mins [sunny]

Total time saved = PRICELESS!!!!!!!

FAQ:

Brother, foldable bike why $400 so expensive, don snook us leh! Answer:

I bought an aluminium foldable bike from NTUC AMK. Brand is Aleoca, ie no brand [grin] . But hey it is about 60% the weight of its $150 cousin! At first i wanted to get the $150 one, but i realised that i got some problems lifting it up and putting it into the NTUC trolley. Then I thought about my miad having to bring my kid to school, to deal the teksi lau, the wearther......then i decided to buy the aluminium one. at least, putting it in and lifting it out of the teksi boot is manageable.

Edited by Mustank

get a taxi driver that you know (or friend of friends) to do that on long term basis, if they can't make it they will ask a relief driver to do so. I guess it will be cheaper than the school bus.

Turbocharged

Get your FIL to walk her to school. JW St 91 to stadium is walkable. If you're somewhere at Blk 90X area, distance to stadium less than 2km.

There are plans for shelter upgrading scheme there also.

Yup...i suggested that. But my wife not too keen. Saying will make the old man tired. Shelter upgrading i tink wont b sos oon right?

Turbocharged

Bro mustank...u really gave a gd breakdown. Hehe. I guess al the numbers in ur head already. I managed to get a contact where he can fetch my kid fm school. Charges $5 per trip. But stillw ont solve the going to school trip.

I hv also considered getting an electric bicycle for my FIL. Costs abt 600+.

Turbocharged

get a taxi driver that you know (or friend of friends) to do that on long term basis, if they can't make it they will ask a relief driver to do so. I guess it will be cheaper than the school bus.

Trying to make this arrangment. Only know of 1 same blk neighbour driving taxi. But lately nvr see him. Jus like trying to catch a taxi...nvr see them when u need one. Hehe.

Bro mustank...u really gave a gd breakdown. Hehe. I guess al the numbers in ur head already. I managed to get a contact where he can fetch my kid fm school. Charges $5 per trip. But stillw ont solve the going to school trip.

I hv also considered getting an electric bicycle for my FIL. Costs abt 600+.

http://www.electricbicycle-outdoor-store.c...20SLA%20Battery

one of neighbours is using a pedal powered tri-cycle to bring her kid to school, you can consider an electric version:

electric-tricycle-786.jpg

http://best-b2b.com/Products/1064/1065-1/e...cle_574762.html

If that aint cool to your FIL, consider this:

Cool%20eRider%20Twin%20Green.jpg

But most of all: Plays this song while going around. It will make your FIL and kid super cool [cool]

三輪車,跑得快,上面坐個老太太。要五毛,給一塊。你說奇怪不奇怪? 智障啊! 你不會

找錢是嗎? - 三輪車,跑得快,上面坐個老太太。要五毛,給一塊。你說奇怪不奇怪?

[thumbsup]http://www.erge100.com/erge/tongyao/885.html [thumbsup]

Edited by Mustank

U should have a more concrete and more realiable plan when your gal goes to morning session.

My P3 gal started Am @ Pei Chun.

Now on 2nd week, the principal oredi made those children coming in after 7.10am to stand outside cannot go class.

Damn strict sia!!!!

Heng my house is just 2 mins walk to the school nia. Phew..... ^_^

The thing is........the traffic outside the school is like a war zone!!!!! Its like Causeway jam or PIE jam during peak hours. Total Chaos!!!!! [dizzy][crazy]

Edited by Hiphiphoray

Turbocharged

Hehehe. Saw it when i googled electric bicycle. Too big la...where to store. The normal one will do. Put a child seat at the back.

Turbocharged

If the transport co had informed us earlier we could hv made other arrangements. My wife even tot of changing sch. Behind my blk theres a kindergarten cum childcare ctr. But must take full day...cannot half day.

↡ Advertisement