• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
78 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

Metalslug2
  • Premium member
    Metalslug2
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys, how's your experience with MSIG..?

Trying to move away from Aviva and DA.

Thanks!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

Tyongchi
  • Premium member
    Tyongchi
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys, how's your experience with MSIG..?

Trying to move away from Aviva and DA.

Thanks!

My experience w them have been good. Hassle free claim and prompt too.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

Monoswift
  • Monoswift
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

what about fine prints for mods?

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:51 PM

Sforester
  • Sforester
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Used MSIG when i owned a Pug. No accidents during that time, but I replaced my windscreen 3 times in 2.5 years. Filled up a form and replacement is prompt. No complaints. Actually, quotations between insurance companies primarily depends on the make and model of the car. Each company has its own of cars that they specialize in. For exampe, NTUC 'shuns' pug becos they dun exactly have a large pool of pugs and perhaps the small pool of pugs insured by them has high claim rate during that year. When I changed to beemer, I went for AXA as they specialize in beemers and cabrios. Aviva is quite friendly on quotations, but their excess is pretty much $1000 and above for all makes and models.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:55 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Been using them for quite sometime already cos they are the only ones with GAP cover.

Claim process was a breeze and hassle free. Just call their hotline n report ur accident. They will assign a authorised workshop to assist u with tow truck. Even if u have flat tire or flat battery, call their emergency hotline for road side assistance. No need to join AA club.

Best thing, sign up got free S$80 cash card. Last time was cash card n esso petrol vouchers.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    Author Image

i am with MSIG for a few years.
so far so good, dont intend to change insurer.
claim is easy.
remember to buy NCD protector, u wont regret it.
on top of normal discount, they auomatically give me corporate discount, as my company is partly insured by them.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Refund for cancellation also quite fast.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

Pitpot
  • Pitpot
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Good as well..... Hassle free claims... Competitive pricing..

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Sidetrack a bit.

One quick question:

Say if you have made a claim against 3rd party before (not own damage claim), on your insurance quotation declaration, there is always this question something like this which you need to answer Yes or No:

Have you made a claim before in the past 3 years?

Is this a trick question? A Claim means only own damage claim or includes 3rd party claim also???

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

Ocar
  • Ocar
    Clutched
    Author Image

Use for 2 year. Easy to claim. However, this year shift to new insurer due to MSIG price 300 more. If not, will stick to it.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:06 PM

Metalslug2
  • Premium member
    Metalslug2
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

wow seems like u guys have good experience with them.

i had a quote of $912 for Premier and $793 for Classic. Nissan Latio.

Ok will consider them! :)

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

Metalslug2
  • Premium member
    Metalslug2
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

what is gap cover?

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

wow seems like u guys have good experience with them.

i had a quote of $912 for Premier and $793 for Classic. Nissan Latio.

Ok will consider them! :)

damn,,, why your classic lower than mine? mine latio 4AT, 40%NCD, 40yrs , is $84x..... smallcry.gif

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

Metalslug2
  • Premium member
    Metalslug2
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

my NCD is 50% mellow.gif

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:36 PM

Chucky2007
  • Premium member
    Chucky2007
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I used them for previous car.. knock into a small cisco bike with no injury claim.. no sound no picture from them.. cannot get hold of their claims officer always.. worse than aunty lucy..
有❤️就好👌
多做少说,多听👂少讲
做人吃点亏,莫占人便宜

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I used them for previous car.. knock into a small cisco bike with no injury claim.. no sound no picture from them.. cannot get hold of their claims officer always.. worse than aunty lucy..

so, did u kena chialat chialat claim or they actually help solve the case without bothering u?... laugh.gif

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

Chucky2007
  • Premium member
    Chucky2007
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

so, did u kena chialat chialat claim or they actually help solve the case without bothering u?... laugh.gif

The 125cc bike got some scratches on faring n back box.. claim 5k, of which 3.5k is on 2 pcs of plastic faring.. i told MSIG i can get the faring for less than $600.. MSIG says its fair value.. i have nothing to say then. Then after that i tried to negotiate with them and the claims officer quit, after that no reply from them.

That was in dec 2009.. then after that my car reach 5 yr n i scrap it and bought another car under my wife name. Until now never receive any letter, email, or calls from them rearding any outcome of the claim.

So this company i totally write off. I used Axa, Chartis& NTUC before.. never experienced ths unique MSIG situation
有❤️就好👌
多做少说,多听👂少讲
做人吃点亏,莫占人便宜

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

Timon
  • Timon
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I used to insure with MSIG for 1.5 yrs of my previous ride Toyota Altis.
Premium was competitive then but I chg to Chartis after changing my car.
I had 1 claim through them against the other party. It was smooth by using their authorised workshop & was informed abt 6 mth later that it was resolved.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

Akula
  • Premium member
    Akula
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Used them for a few years, competitive pricing and good service.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:12 PM

Darryn
  • Premium member
    Darryn
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Been using them for quite sometime already cos they are the only ones with GAP cover.

Claim process was a breeze and hassle free. Just call their hotline n report ur accident. They will assign a authorised workshop to assist u with tow truck. Even if u have flat tire or flat battery, call their emergency hotline for road side assistance. No need to join AA club.

Best thing, sign up got free S$80 cash card. Last time was cash card n esso petrol vouchers.

This also why I am with them - for the gap cover. And the difference between them and DA not much.

But I don't have any claims so dunno what they are like.

But if hit by MY car they won't be helpful (I write and ask them)

Behold the tortoise! He only makes progress when he sticks his neck out.
All that's required for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users