SIBOR rates and home loan repricing

Bluepica

School holidays so you guys are extra free?

SIBOR discussion also can fight.

wherever this fellow goes, sure to fight.  Best to ignore.  

Some have none of the proper education/aptitude to be able to communicate effectively.  Too stuck in their own ways

LEt them be

• Praise 2

This has created a phenomenon known as debt-fueled growth. Over the last few years in particular, the economies of the world have been growing in dependence on debt to generate growth. There are three main issues with this growth methodology:

a. a lot of wanton spending happens. Excessive liquidity spurs ill-advised spending. Asset prices rise far more quickly than incomes and become unsustainable. People are channeling the increased liquidity that they are experiencing into assets purely out of greed (to capitalise on the stratospheric rises) and fear (to avoid missing out on the opportunities of capital growth).

b. the fat lady is going to sing eventually - monetary expansion cannot continue forever. The marriage of ballooning debt levels and sky-high asset prices results in a catastrophic crash the moment monetary expansion ceases and liquidity starts getting mopped up.

c. the writing is on the wall - global demand has been waning and commodity prices (which function as an indicator of growth) are plummeting even as we debate.

Everyone has the freedom of choice where it comes to investments. However the onus is on those who are in the know of the dangers of the situation to inform those who may not be aware. To those who shout "mai spread fear lah" and wave off the cautionary posts, I ask that you think of others who may be getting further into huge debts on the pretext of investment because they do not have awareness of the situation.

Add-on: refinancing is never a guranteed avenue, particularly when asset prices are in the midst of falling. Many folks get caught in a negative equity situation in which banks refuse to refinance/reprice without a top-up. The SIBOR rate has been increasing and the pace will quicken once the Fed hikes.

Oooiii, mai spread fear, mai spread fear......Muayhahahahaha

US rate increment is a confirm thing, key issue is how fast and how much.

cheap money will be gone soon. even Fed decided not to raise in december definitely will happened in first half 2016.

My concern is what will happen to oil price?

• Praise 1

Further downside pressure will be piled on commodities (including brent and WTI prices) as interest rate hikes start to come in. This causes a cascading effect on oil debt and will create a wave of defaults in the oil industry increasing borrowing costs and thereby producing a vicious cycle. 

Edit: New Fed rules to prohibit emergency loans to individual companies

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/11/30/new-fed-rules-to-prohibit-emergency-loans-to-individual-companies.html

Extracted from the above:

Fed Chair Janet Yellen said the Fed can now only offer broad-based emergency credit.

She also said that, under the new regulations, the central bank would not have been able to bail out Bear Stearns or AIG in 2008.

US rate increment is a confirm thing, key issue is how fast and how much.

cheap money will be gone soon. even Fed decided not to raise in december definitely will happened in first half 2016.

My concern is what will happen to oil price?

Edited by OmOm
  • Praise 1

Just two points.

Firstly, SG does not (use to) regulate financial markets via interest rate, but through exchange rates. So SG debts are generally irrelevant to SIBOR rate fixing.

Secondly, the wisest man in MCF whose intellect is rivalled perhaps only by you, a fellow table wiper, tells me that debts work for those who have the liquidity to cover all debts but choose to borrow, as contrasted to those who borrow naked.

I am sure you know that SG debts are backed by SG sovereign wealth funds. Try to use Google to find if there is such a thing as US sovereign wealth fund.

These are jsut some illustrations to tell you infact our debt is also increasingly worrying. Do you think US is bad ? Look at ours .

http://www.economist.com/content/global_debt_clock

• Praise 1

Just two points.

Firstly, SG does not (use to) regulate financial markets via interest rate, but through exchange rates. So SG debts are generally irrelevant to SIBOR rate fixing.

Secondly, the wisest man in MCF whose intellect is rivalled perhaps only by you, a fellow table wiper, tells me that debts work for those who have the liquidity to cover all debts but choose to borrow, as contrasted to those who borrow naked.

I am sure you know that SG debts are backed by SG sovereign wealth funds. Try to use Google to find if there is such a thing as US sovereign wealth fund.

Haha someone from the finance ministry of hougang chalet teaching me how to build castles in the air. Hahahaha.Oob think your illness quite bad , better check in soon.

I don't need to Google for those stuff as I know those stuff at the back of my hand. Your two points are not even valid . Of cos they don't use interest rate to regulate the financial market, they use MAS as a regulatory.

Punts aside this is what sibor is

Definitions

SIBOR stands for Singapore Interbank Offered Rates. An individual Contributor Bank contributes the rate at which it could borrow funds, were it to do so by asking for and accepting the interbank offers in reasonable market size, just prior to 11:00 a.m. Singapore time.

SOR is defined as the synthetic rate for deposits in SGD, which represents the effective cost of borrowing the SGD synthetically by borrowing USD for the same maturity, and swap out the USD in return for the SGD.

You don't even know how any debt is derived and second go ask any one out there if huge debt given to people who borrow naked. Wow

I don't claim to be the smartest , but I am probably smarter than you. I don't claim to know things I don't know and I don't have an imaginary investment banker friend.

Edited by CH_CO

As what many says I lack proper education and I agree on the lack of aptitude.

What is fun with a bunch of robots merely to agree , no wonder nothing is working , the oldies would probably made enough because of the opportunity given, are those people working to secure future for us? Or are they comfortable with what they have ?

How are we going to secure key components we need for our growth I,e sand for reclaiming , food sources , future technology ? What I see are pettite conversations done deals and past exploits and show of wealth made from the past ? Have any warn of what is to come or even share how to make money in the future?

I am consistently in conflict with myself and others as I explore ideas. My debate style is always aggressive as that's my nature. If people can't accept they are free to ignore, don't lose anything ignoring me.

I see problems and I voice them,the lack of communication skills , yes , lack of ideas no.

Edited by CH_CO

No worries, I accept you even though I disagree with your thoughts.

I am primitive and sick in thoughts and need the mental stimulation of top table wipers. Just can't say for sure which is better.

Ultimately, you hold the key for which all US citizens will be grateful for.

As what many says I lack proper education and I agree on the lack of aptitude.

What is fun with a bunch of robots merely to agree , no wonder nothing is working , the oldies would probably made enough because of the opportunity given, are those people working to secure future for us? Or are they comfortable with what they have ?

How are we going to secure key components we need for our growth I,e sand for reclaiming , food sources , future technology ? What I see are pettite conversations done deals and past exploits and show of wealth made from the past ? Have any warn of what is to come or even share how to make money in the future?

I am consistently in conflict with myself and others as I explore ideas. My debate style is always aggressive as that's my nature. If people can't accept they are free to ignore, don't lose anything ignoring me.

I see problems and I voice them,the lack of communication skills , yes , lack of ideas no.

• Praise 1

No worries, I accept you even though I disagree with your thoughts.

I am primitive and sick in thoughts and need the mental stimulation of top table wipers. Just can't say for sure which is better.

Ultimately, you hold the key for which all US citizens will be grateful for.

pointed out by one of our kaki here, Yellen and Bernanke have lunch with him regularly to get his views on the GLOBAL economy....dun pray pray...so full respect should be accorded as THE MAN speaks wisdom and prophecies......hor @hubwee

There is always a way to say things, rather than speak as if one is GOD and condescend on others and talk crudely.  

I say upbringing has a role in this and if one cannot AGREE TO DISAGREE, then stay out of the forums....Nuff said!

• Praise 3

Radx

Why you mentioning me huh ?? Here all the big shots discussing about central bank stuffs , you page me for ??

Here we have guys who have access to generals , big shot government officials and I think maybe even Yellen , you page me for fark ??

Me still trying to find ways to make more money to repay my properties loans hor , if not , interest up , me confirm kena force sale ..

• Praise 1

Radx

Why you mentioning me huh ?? Here all the big shots discussing about central bank stuffs , you page me for ??

Here we have guys who have access to generals , big shot government officials and I think maybe even Yellen , you page me for fark ??

Me still trying to find ways to make more money to repay my properties loans hor , if not , interest up , me confirm kena force sale ..

muahahhahaha...trust you are gd bro.... [thumbsup]

Not so good lei , here even so called table wiper acting like some big GOD sent messiah .

Me read what he says until I have to sell off my 4 cars as I am grateful for his insider views on interest rate and how our economy works.

Better listen if not later he say I stupid and ask me go fark spider ...

Shit , better dun let him know I go full loan for another Ferrari for my daily driver .   

• Praise 4

Not so good lei , here even so called table wiper acting like some big GOD sent messiah .

Me read what he says until I have to sell off my 4 cars as I am grateful for his insider views on interest rate and how our economy works.

Better listen if not later he say I stupid and ask me go fark spider ...

Shit , better dun let him know I go full loan for another Ferrari for my daily driver .   

lol....we are just minions....better just kip one corner, delete MCF acct and suck thumb

MCF getting more elite by the day

one day a superhero will be born from MCF

:D

eh you shaddap lah and count your 0.7millions......@porker say wan :grin:  :grin:

↡ Advertisement