Dunlop dz101 or kumho ku31?

Luv_presea

most tyres need to be run in. 500km would be a good safe benchmark

Ok but I tried yesterday, corner at abt 90km/h (forget liao). Those e'way exit from cte to tpe inside the 2 tunnel, whole car like sliding here and there. No grip and very unstable. Compared to my previous botak tyre is a lot worst. Previous is Westlake sa-05. :(

↡ Advertisement

Ok but I tried yesterday, corner at abt 90km/h (forget liao). Those e'way exit from cte to tpe inside the 2 tunnel, whole car like sliding here and there. No grip and very unstable. Compared to my previous botak tyre is a lot worst. Previous is Westlake sa-05. :(

So now you know why i advise you DZ101 and forget about the KU31.

so bad ah? 90 onli???

Neutral Newbie

i think ku31 its ok for normal driving , not for cornering. . that day from bke to kje the car was like on oil . . still prefer my previous toyo c1s

Neutral Newbie

should go for goodyear f1a2 or michelin ps3

dz101 aint really that good either aquaplane easily, skids on wet mcsp floor, dry is fine though

Yeah man. I think ku31 is a very good tyre for the price I'm paying. But for performance, I think it doesn't cut it.

so bad ah? 90 onli???

Cos New tyre ma. Dare not push it yet. And good thing I didn't if not I won't be here replying u. Lol. I was really surprised how bad it compared to my botak tyres. I did that same corner at higher speeds than that with no problems at all. Maybe after 1000km, I shall give it a go again.

Supercharged

Yeah man. I think ku31 is a very good tyre for the price I'm paying. But for performance, I think it doesn't cut it.

Tyres still new la!!! Give it another 500km more and they will be seasoned.

So impatient.......

i think ku31 its ok for normal driving , not for cornering. . that day from bke to kje the car was like on oil . . still prefer my previous toyo c1s

I fully agree with u bro. Exactly what I experienced. Like running over oil.

dz101 aint really that good either aquaplane easily, skids on wet mcsp floor, dry is fine though

Cos of the good reviews, I thought I tried it and also price factor too. It is a very value for money tyre nevertheless.

Tyres still new la!!! Give it another 500km more and they will be seasoned.

So impatient.......

Haha sorry bro. Very curious to know the grip ma. So try try abit. Now I drive normally till hit above 1000km den hope the grip improves!

not to suggest anything, that exit i do 110 with ku31 and the tyre did not even screech to suggest its losing grip.

Let in run in more........

It does not take more than 500km to scrub off the wax off new tyres. For the tyres that I used, the difference before and after scrubbing off the wax does not vary much. Normally, I need no more than 300k to scrub off the wax to get maximum grip from the tyres.

And when you want to read reviews, you need to see what car and the type of tyres that forummers used. I can safely tell you most of the reviews are pretty poor with only about 10% of them are good.

Haha sorry bro. Very curious to know the grip ma. So try try abit. Now I drive normally till hit above 1000km den hope the grip improves!

Since when tyres are reviewed based on their performance in MSCP?

Since when tyres are reviewed based on their performance in MSCP?

it is a good indication of the rubber compound when in wet situation. A test in a slow speed in mscp will tell alot how the tyre grips in the wet.

not to suggest anything, that exit i do 110 with ku31 and the tyre did not even screech to suggest its losing grip.

Let in run in more........

When I'm cornering, the tyres are not even screeching at all. Just feel like very slippery.

Since I use that exit to go home everyday, I shall try again and see what's the outcome after more km on it. And maybe see what is the speed that I start to lose grip. Safely of cos.

No. Different tyres heat up differently and may not reach their optimal temperature in the car park. I always try to get my tyres to warm up to the optimal operating range before I drive faster, whether in the dry or wet.

it is a good indication of the rubber compound when in wet situation. A test in a slow speed in mscp will tell alot how the tyre grips in the wet.

↡ Advertisement