Dunlop dz101 kumho ku31

• Search this thread
188 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:10 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Ok, I went to change Liao at Soh

The boss gave me MIV. he say no Korea one. Dunno he bluff or not. Maybe my size, 205/45/16, doesnt have MIK

anyway, for $95. I can't complain. Tyres DOM 3611, which means 36 weeks 2011 (end of sept). Not bad. Tyres are only 4 month old. Considered v fresh stock

Took the virgin tyres for a spin after changing. Intial feel is steering is light

Then I tested a quick sharp corner. I got a bouncy feel, due to soft sidewall. But I don't mind. It's more comfy than hard sidewall.

Went up to CTE, tested acceleration, not bad. Quite responsive. No problem over take cars. Drove up to 100km/hr.

Noise level is good, but it's normal for virgin Tyres to be quieter. Got to wait until 10k-15k KM

For $95, no complains at all!!!

Good for you bro...............

I think mayb is the size lah..........my 195/55/15 mayb common size...............move faster.........my tyre DOM is 4411................which is very very new............think is new stock......and MIK.........i called a month ago he quoted me MIV..........$10 cheaper.............when i asked for MIV he said new stock came for my size is MIK lor.........

I called up AL..............also same.....my size they also carry newer stock............MIK also.........

for this price cannot complain liao..........

enjoy your new shoes................ laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡
with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!
For every mountain out there....there will always be a higher one somewhere!!!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

What's the Air pressure I need to pump for 205/45/16?

Previous tyres, I used to pump 235psi

i also not sure leh...............think got to call back the tyre shop to ask ....................maybe i call and asked abt mine tomorrow............but sld be abt the same as the old ones bah.............i always do the same............mine is abt 240psi............
芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡
with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!
For every mountain out there....there will always be a higher one somewhere!!!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    NOS-ed

What's the Air pressure I need to pump for 205/45/16?

Previous tyres, I used to pump 235psi

270 gives me the best butt feel wit 205/55/16.... tongue.gif

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut

270 gives me the best butt feel wit 205/55/16.... tongue.gif

270??? Thats alot!!!
"Is it possible to pursue happiness if the pursuit itself does not make you happy?"
From book titled "I move Your Cheese" by Deepak Malhotra

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    NOS-ed

270??? Thats alot!!!

not too much lar.... even my current V12 also pump 250,..... 270 too bumpy with v12 but not with ku31..... tongue.gif

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut

not too much lar.... even my current V12 also pump 250,..... 270 too bumpy with v12 but not with ku31..... tongue.gif

Never explode arh? Lol

Ok I will try 250 first.
"Is it possible to pursue happiness if the pursuit itself does not make you happy?"

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

Cdior
  • Cdior
    Banned

Never use it before but heard its quite good. Highest performance street tyre from Dunlop is what the shop told me when I asked them.

Dunlop z1 star spec is the highest range. Nx is sport max tt.
400 NM to U!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

Jchuacl
  • Jchuacl
    5th Gear

Your driver's door will have the recommended readings, and that should be your baseline rather than following other pple's setting blindly. My car is heavier than yours and I'm using only 240 for the fronts and 230 for the back.

Never explode arh? Lol

Ok I will try 250 first.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

Metalsubzero
  • Premium member
    Metalsubzero
    4th Gear

KU31, using it for a year now.. On 205/45/16.. Bang for buck.. Wet grip is very good.. Does not aquaplan comparing against some of the similarly priced tyres.. Threadwear is decent, still have a long way to go even though I've already clocked 30k km..

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:17 PM

Niltrams
  • Niltrams
    3rd Gear

Sportmaxx and sportmaxx TT are vastly different tyres dont get them mixed up. Ive used both and the sportmaxx TT on my bm lasts forever. my longest lasting tyre yet. Not to mention the dry and wet grip is hilarious. My gf hit a kerb my rim was damaged and the damn tyre is ok due to kevlar in the sidewall. damn impressive. And i got a damn good price from autokinetics.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

Mynewcar
  • Mynewcar
    Neutral Newbie

What is the diff bt KU31 and KH31 from Tyrepac?

Last changed tyres abt 2 yrs ago.
Always thought PH gives the best deal. So looks like SOH give better deal

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut

KU31, using it for a year now.. On 205/45/16.. Bang for buck.. Wet grip is very good.. Does not aquaplan comparing against some of the similarly priced tyres.. Threadwear is decent, still have a long way to go even though I've already clocked 30k km..

How's the noise now?

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

Yixiang1
  • Premium member
    Yixiang1
    2nd Gear

I have driven abt 20k on 195/55/15 ku31. Think it has gotten noisier, but depends on road condition too, eg AYE towards city, remember after enter from corp road, that part sure noisy.

But between grip and noise, I would take grip anytime, noisy a bit nvm. For the low price and good grip, I am satisfied.

Believe there would always b a tradeoff between grip, quietness and price. Can only choose 2.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut

Great! I'm on kumho too, but just got them very recently. So far it's still quiet. I'm only worried abt the future.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:11 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    NOS-ed

many say tyre tends to roar with mileage increment. i dont quite agree though there is indeed a slight increase in noise.

i would say its the age of the tyre that plays the part. Use a tyre for more than 2 yrs that has hardened in our climate, definitely its gonna be noisy.

thats why i change tyre every year.....not because its noisy but botak biggrin.gif

worry not, ku31 is not noisy even till EOL, but needs to have a good alignment to ensure even tyre wear. Or else wong wong sound will surface when the outer thread starts feathering.
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

Metalsubzero
  • Premium member
    Metalsubzero
    4th Gear

How's the noise now?

Noise is fairly ok to me.. Not very loud IMO.. Like many said, for the price u are paying for these tyres, this level of sound + performance is bang for buck.. Even after more den 1 year and 30km clocked, I'm still very confident of driving at speeds of >100km/h on a rainy day.. Tho, I dun usually do it..

Noise can be countered by my music.. Hahahaha.. But seriously it's not very loud.. I'm driving an old Korean tin can with normal sound insulation only..

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

Metalsubzero
  • Premium member
    Metalsubzero
    4th Gear

I have driven abt 20k on 195/55/15 ku31. Think it has gotten noisier, but depends on road condition too, eg AYE towards city, remember after enter from corp road, that part sure noisy.

But between grip and noise, I would take grip anytime, noisy a bit nvm. For the low price and good grip, I am satisfied.

Believe there would always b a tradeoff between grip, quietness and price. Can only choose 2.

On certain roads, it's a lil noisy.. Like TPE to the direction of ECP, somewhere between Jln Kayu and Punggol exit.. That stretch is noisy.. But pretty much decent on most roads..

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

Yichung
  • Yichung
    Neutral Newbie

Bro, so how much air did you pump for your tyre? I just got it 2 weeks ago. (:

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    Supercharged

i feel that my KU31 will lose grip on wet roads (after rain)...
I always off the traction control...

anyone do feel the same as I do?
24th Aug 2006, we lost a planet!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut

i feel that my KU31 will lose grip on wet roads (after rain)...
I always off the traction control...

anyone do feel the same as I do?

hmmm... nope, i dont feel it that way.

it has pretty good grip during or after rain. but thats my butt feel. i didnt have to worry about slowing down, even on corners.

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top
TyreQueen.com

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users