Dunlop dz101 or kumho ku31?

Luv_presea

270??? Thats alot!!!

not too much lar.... even my current V12 also pump 250,..... 270 too bumpy with v12 but not with ku31..... [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

not too much lar.... even my current V12 also pump 250,..... 270 too bumpy with v12 but not with ku31..... [:p]

Never explode arh? Lol

Ok I will try 250 first.

Never use it before but heard its quite good. Highest performance street tyre from Dunlop is what the shop told me when I asked them.

Dunlop z1 star spec is the highest range. Nx is sport max tt.

Your driver's door will have the recommended readings, and that should be your baseline rather than following other pple's setting blindly. My car is heavier than yours and I'm using only 240 for the fronts and 230 for the back.

Never explode arh? Lol

Ok I will try 250 first.

KU31, using it for a year now.. On 205/45/16.. Bang for buck.. Wet grip is very good.. Does not aquaplan comparing against some of the similarly priced tyres.. Threadwear is decent, still have a long way to go even though I've already clocked 30k km..

Sportmaxx and sportmaxx TT are vastly different tyres dont get them mixed up. Ive used both and the sportmaxx TT on my bm lasts forever. my longest lasting tyre yet. Not to mention the dry and wet grip is hilarious. My gf hit a kerb my rim was damaged and the damn tyre is ok due to kevlar in the sidewall. damn impressive. And i got a damn good price from autokinetics.

Neutral Newbie

What is the diff bt KU31 and KH31 from Tyrepac?

Last changed tyres abt 2 yrs ago.

Always thought PH gives the best deal. So looks like SOH give better deal

Supercharged

KU31, using it for a year now.. On 205/45/16.. Bang for buck.. Wet grip is very good.. Does not aquaplan comparing against some of the similarly priced tyres.. Threadwear is decent, still have a long way to go even though I've already clocked 30k km..

How's the noise now?

I have driven abt 20k on 195/55/15 ku31. Think it has gotten noisier, but depends on road condition too, eg AYE towards city, remember after enter from corp road, that part sure noisy.

But between grip and noise, I would take grip anytime, noisy a bit nvm. For the low price and good grip, I am satisfied.

Believe there would always b a tradeoff between grip, quietness and price. Can only choose 2.

Supercharged

Great! I'm on kumho too, but just got them very recently. So far it's still quiet. I'm only worried abt the future.

many say tyre tends to roar with mileage increment. i dont quite agree though there is indeed a slight increase in noise.

i would say its the age of the tyre that plays the part. Use a tyre for more than 2 yrs that has hardened in our climate, definitely its gonna be noisy.

thats why i change tyre every year.....not because its noisy but botak :D

worry not, ku31 is not noisy even till EOL, but needs to have a good alignment to ensure even tyre wear. Or else wong wong sound will surface when the outer thread starts feathering.

How's the noise now?

Noise is fairly ok to me.. Not very loud IMO.. Like many said, for the price u are paying for these tyres, this level of sound + performance is bang for buck.. Even after more den 1 year and 30km clocked, I'm still very confident of driving at speeds of >100km/h on a rainy day.. Tho, I dun usually do it..

Noise can be countered by my music.. Hahahaha.. But seriously it's not very loud.. I'm driving an old Korean tin can with normal sound insulation only..

I have driven abt 20k on 195/55/15 ku31. Think it has gotten noisier, but depends on road condition too, eg AYE towards city, remember after enter from corp road, that part sure noisy.

But between grip and noise, I would take grip anytime, noisy a bit nvm. For the low price and good grip, I am satisfied.

Believe there would always b a tradeoff between grip, quietness and price. Can only choose 2.

On certain roads, it's a lil noisy.. Like TPE to the direction of ECP, somewhere between Jln Kayu and Punggol exit.. That stretch is noisy.. But pretty much decent on most roads..

Neutral Newbie

Bro, so how much air did you pump for your tyre? I just got it 2 weeks ago. (:

i feel that my KU31 will lose grip on wet roads (after rain)...

I always off the traction control...

anyone do feel the same as I do?

Supercharged

i feel that my KU31 will lose grip on wet roads (after rain)...

I always off the traction control...

anyone do feel the same as I do?

hmmm... nope, i dont feel it that way.

it has pretty good grip during or after rain. but thats my butt feel. i didnt have to worry about slowing down, even on corners.

Check out Guan Lee Tyre, located at one of the workshops beside the Singpost Building. They have good prices and service.

↡ Advertisement