Nostalgic trip back to Singapore 1987

Cdrarities

This video really brings me back fondly to the Singapore of the 1980s where it is not overcrowded with foreigners, old style kopitiam, bus driver putting the bus into 1st gear,..................................

BTW, video is not shot be me.

↡ Advertisement

Ironically this is shot by a foreigner cos not many locals can afford a video cam back in 1987. If not the foreigner and his family how do we get to enjoy this nostalgic video.

Talk about this..guys..which era excites you the most? 70s,80s,90s,00?

I think 90s are great! Beginning of the internet revolution, millennium, mobile phones etc..

and of cos the unforgettable Honda Prelude, EK series etc..

Edited by Davidtkl

At the last frame inside the SBS bus, you can hardly hear your friends talking while in the bus because the engine is inside the cover in front of the gear stick which makes the interior very very noisy.

Ironically this is shot by a foreigner cos not many locals can afford a video cam back in 1987. If not the foreigner and his family how do we get to enjoy this nostalgic video.

i think this is 8mm film format or popularly known as V8. The first vidcam for the masses in the 80s.

And I still remember bus driver who waited at the bus stop and take over the driver of the bus halfway along the journey, especially at the bus-stop outside Bedok Interchange. Never see this happening now.

And I still remember bus driver who waited at the bus stop and take over the driver of the bus halfway along the journey, especially at the bus-stop outside Bedok Interchange. Never see this happening now.

I've seen that too, I think it is on bus no. 9.

And those are the days where people will stuff the bus tickets on the chair in front.

Talk about this..guys..which era excites you the most? 70s,80s,90s,00?

I think 90s are great! Beginning of the internet revolution, millennium, mobile phones etc..

and of cos the unforgettable Honda Prelude, EK series etc..

The era between mid 80s to mid 90s.

80s is the revolution of the CDs and by late 90s is the decline.

But most important of all, during this period there is still the feeling and sense of belonging.

From 2000 onwards, this feeling is eroded day after day.

Definitely 80s, as music was the best then and I was a spritely teenager and very proud to be a Singaporean and looking forward to NS and serving my country. Right now, this sense is gone with every passing day.

Like I always say...

The FTs are here because we didn't procreate enough of ourselves.

but after the success odd bringing in some FTs they got greedy and open the floodgates...

I believed the weather was not that warm back then. Temperature around the world has shown an increasing trend over the decades and that is why the ice caps are melting more faster than ever.

Haha, SBS Bus No. 9 travelled between Geylang Lorong 1 Carpark and Changi Airport Cargo Complex.

How many of these bus numbers are still around?

I can't help but think of it.

I remember bus number 2 is still around and plying the same route for all these years.

Great that you began this thread. For some reason I was feeling nostalgic for the '80s the other day and I was doing searches of the Straits Times electronic archive. :D

How many of these bus numbers are still around?

I can't help but think of it.

I remember bus number 2 is still around and plying the same route for all these years.

Bus no. 199

SBS Bus No. 2 was truncated in the mid 90s. In the past, it was between Changi Point and Buona Vista. Now its between Changi Point and SGH.

1 of the bus that has not changed for at least 3 decades is SBS No. 40 (Loop between Bedok Interchange and Merpati Road).

Neutral Newbie

Thanks you so much for putting up the clip... it really brings back fond memories.

I missed The Padang... the breeze one gets sitting by the sea-shore, the food served there; especially the satay.

The entire place being open-air, gives me a sense of openness, feeling carefree.

If I could turn back the clock, I certainly want to go back to the 80s...

↡ Advertisement