New 2013 Hyundai model- Santa Fe IX45

Lemonade78

Not yet announce when it will be on our shore? Also how much is the current Sante Fe?

Seems like hyundai is no longer selling the sante fe?! Could be waiting for the new sante fe to launch here?!

↡ Advertisement

Not a good time to launch new model since super high coe will deter people from buying. Look at their new i30 and i40, although the spec of the car is impressive and yet not many people buy due to the coe.

Not a good time to launch new model since super high coe will deter people from buying. Look at their new i30 and i40, although the spec of the car is impressive and yet not many people buy due to the coe.

No choice lor, I'm either looking at this or the sorento.

Anyway the i40 Buang liao.... Comfort using it as Taxi, the signature headlamp of Hyundai make all the car look like taxi in future...

Should wait for a few years lor, like the W212...

This is partly attributed to the availability of diesel engines on the models. The Koreans are pushing for clean diesel technology and precisely why the taxi companies are interested in them cause of the CEVS rebates.

The Japaneses lack models with diesel engines and recently car makers like Honda come out with the i-DTEC engine and Mazda with the SkyActiv Diesel. Nissan and Toyota prefer to invest in hybrid engines ? Though Nissan has dCI technology from Renault and Toyota has their D-4D engine, but in Asian countries their diesel engine line are mostly used for trucks and SUV rather than sedans. Maybe Toyota should bring in the 1.4 Diesel Altis for trial in Singapore ?

Just my 2 cents worth.

Edited by Renesis84
  • Praise 1

No choice lor, I'm either looking at this or the sorento.

Anyway the i40 Buang liao.... Comfort using it as Taxi, the signature headlamp of Hyundai make all the car look like taxi in future...

thinking of the i40 wagon for my folks. why would the i40 buang because taxi companies adopt them? i thought it would show the reliability of the vehicle as well as the ready availability of the parts since taxi companies are a commercial entity that is profit motivated. they would not choose some vehicle that will erode their bottom line??? [confused] [confused] [confused]

it's no different that Mercs and BMWs are used as taxis in europe isn't it?

i am a bit confused with the perception.

• Praise 1

thinking of the i40 wagon for my folks. why would the i40 buang because taxi companies adopt them? i thought it would show the reliability of the vehicle as well as the ready availability of the parts since taxi companies are a commercial entity that is profit motivated. they would not choose some vehicle that will erode their bottom line??? [confused] [confused] [confused]

it's no different that Mercs and BMWs are used as taxis in europe isn't it?

i am a bit confused with the perception.

Maybe you can drive the old Sonata for a few weeks to get the perception [lipsrsealed]

Ya... Wait for the turbo charged santa fe.... Specs will be better than sorento

Seems like every car now comes with turbo charged?! [rolleyes] Actually i like the design and size of the sorento.

Edited by 13177

The Santa Fe has both SWB and LWB liao.

SWB available as 5+2 like the outgoing model. LWB replaces the old Veracruz (used to be KDM and USA/Canada only model).

SWB has 2.0T 275bhp GDI/ 2.4GDI 200bhp/ 3.3V6 GDI 290bhp.

LWB has 3.3V6 GDI 290bhp only.

Is this car reach our shore yet? I saw it in surabaya yesterday, very chio, i want to buy, i dun mind downgrade haha

lols.. my friend rented it in Korea.. he said nice.. interior quite complicated though. .quite a lot of buttuons..

lols.. my friend rented it in Korea.. he said nice.. interior quite complicated though. .quite a lot of buttuons..

I'm interested to test drive this car, if up my expectation i will buy the 7 seater one