Search
Question Nissan Latio

• Search this thread
56 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:30 AM

Ngsengpoh
  • Ngsengpoh
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi I'm driving a 2007 Nissan Latio CVT. Last week, when there was a jam at the entrance of a carpark, just nice I stopped at the slope. When I was about to move, my car deem to be rolling backward. I quickly change my gear to L. But same thing happen, car rolling backward. I had to step on the accelerator to rpm 5k and above then my car manage to move forward. Anyone facing the same problem? Or is there something wrong with my gearbox? Thks.

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:40 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

its normal. Torque converter also behaves this way if the inclination is too steep
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:04 AM

Familymanz
  • Familymanz
    6th Gear

Driving an 06 Latio.cvt. happened to me last yr. Try driving up the same slope immediately, no problem, bring to mechanic check, but as can't repeat the problem, he also can't do anything...Zzzzz

So far no reoccurence til now.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:29 AM

Kelvingoh45
  • Premium member
    Kelvingoh45
    4th Gear

I think is normal too. Some auto cars will roll back and somewill not.

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:34 AM

Watwheels
  • Watwheels
    NOS-ed

LOL...unless your car comes with Hill Start Assist function dan it will not roll back. rolleyes.gif

Sometimes I wonder what ppl really learn while learning how to drive before they get their license or are they just going thru motion. There's this device call "handbrake"(or footbrake or parking brake) for those who dunno and when you are on any slope regardless how steep use it. When moving off release it dan you will not roll back.

Edited by Watwheels, 30 January 2012 - 10:42 AM.

If you smell what the Rock is cooking.

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:44 AM

Sforester
  • Sforester
    2nd Gear

Simply.. Bcos it's a CVT. That why's.

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:49 AM

Steptronic
  • Steptronic
    6th Gear

Simply.. Bcos it's a CVT. That why's.

Not just CVT, it happens in any auto car without Hill/Slope assist. I guess the Latios are not with that function. So, use Handbrake always

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:33 AM

Corgan
  • Corgan
    4th Gear

one leg on footbrake, one leg on accelerator build up revs lo.

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:33 AM

Familymanz
  • Familymanz
    6th Gear

It really depends on situation, say if threadstarter attempt the slope every other day and it only happened tat it require a 5krpm to keep the car in check this time round, then there is a problem.

In my case it happened in @ my mscp which I driving abt every other day. And to require a switching to L or stomping it to high rpm definitely is not .norm

I will not jump to conclude tat its a norm or the driver ain't know his stuff
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:12 PM

Detach8
  • Detach8
    4th Gear

cvt i thought uses a clutch not a torque converter

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

Ngsengpoh
  • Ngsengpoh
    2nd Gear

I think using the Footbrake to control the car and in the meantime driving up the slope need some tactics.

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:54 PM

Dumb
  • Premium member
    Dumb
    6th Gear

My sunny got 2 foot brakes. One is in-lieu of hand brake. How do we describe both foot brakes?

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:39 PM

Steptronic
  • Steptronic
    6th Gear

My sunny got 2 foot brakes. One is in-lieu of hand brake. How do we describe both foot brakes?

How about calling them Left Foot and Right Foot brakes?

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

Detach8
  • Detach8
    4th Gear

*facepalm*

one is called the parking brake, one is called the foot brake...

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:01 PM

NOS-ed

I think is normal too. Some auto cars will roll back and somewill not.

Though if the slope is too steep, any car also will roll back?! unsure.gif
Life is very fragile.
Nobody knows what gonna happen next.

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    NOS-ed

i know my previous vios wont roll back but current latio will and the surprises here is not about the roll back but the needs to hit 5Krpm in order to move up the slope... that's scary.. wonder how steep is the slope? i've been to many steep slope and the most i need is a slight tap on the gas to keep it from rooling backward.. didnt take note of the rpm but definately not 5k.. maybe in range of 2k-2.5k the most...

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:08 AM

Kelvingoh45
  • Premium member
    Kelvingoh45
    4th Gear

wacko.gif

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

Voltage
  • Voltage
    Neutral Newbie

I was facing a slope downwards one day and I need to reverse. Engaged R and the car roll forward hit the kerb luckily I engaged the foot brake before more damage is done. So maybe the cvt needs more rpm to move?

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:12 PM

Tony76
  • Premium member
    Tony76
    5th Gear

Hi I'm driving a 2007 Nissan Latio CVT. Last week, when there was a jam at the entrance of a carpark, just nice I stopped at the slope. When I was about to move, my car deem to be rolling backward. I quickly change my gear to L. But same thing happen, car rolling backward. I had to step on the accelerator to rpm 5k and above then my car manage to move forward. Anyone facing the same problem? Or is there something wrong with my gearbox? Thks.

parkway eh bro? was at punggol plaza just now while coming out the exit response time of the system very slow so i was caught in a jam on the slope from B2 to B1...when front car moved off my car just roll back abit before a tap on the accelerator halted it and the car moved forward. yours abit weird to need to rev up to 5K RPM.

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

Ngsengpoh
  • Ngsengpoh
    2nd Gear

parkway eh bro? was at punggol plaza just now while coming out the exit response time of the system very slow so i was caught in a jam on the slope from B2 to B1...when front car moved off my car just roll back abit before a tap on the accelerator halted it and the car moved forward. yours abit weird to need to rev up to 5K RPM.

Hi bro, I was at the compass point. The steep slope at the entrance before turning into the carpark. Sorry is 4k rpm. See wrongly. Btw happy lunar new year to you and your family.

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top

Also tagged with these keywords: Question , Nissan , Latio

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users