Date manufacture of tyre possible fake?

F1f2

hi..,

since most of the date manufacture of tyre that state in tyre is impressed(not embossed) model, what is the possibility the dealer/ shop tyre fake it to newer date?

is there any particular tyre brand or model that have serial number, so can check in internet for it's manufacture date?

↡ Advertisement

Very true.

Very easy to heat up a iron number and remake a new manufacturing date, on older tyres.

The best bet is always to buy the latest model of tyres.

The DOM is printed by the manufacturer, so if any dishonest tyre distributor/retailer attempt to modify the original DOM, it will surely deface the tyre. Visually you can see that liao.

The DOM is printed by the manufacturer, so if any dishonest tyre distributor/retailer attempt to modify the original DOM, it will surely deface the tyre. Visually you can see that liao.

Correct. I don't think it's easy to create or temper DOM and achieve the 'original' result...

Very unlikely; well before tyre is near expiring schedule, dealers will release ikt for sale/promotion! Never a need for any retailer to do that, IMO.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzQzMjkzODU2.html

Ironically this video shows a real Dunlop vs Fake motorcycle tyres.

At 2minutes, the DOM of the Real tyre is impressed printed. While the Fake tyre is embossed printed.

Funny how the fake factory seems to purposely make such an obvious difference, where the rest of the wordings are so much as close to the real thing.

The world market is huge....potential to cheat on the DOM to resell to another region is tempting.

Never say never.

buy tyres from tyre retailers who got their tyres from authorised distributors who themselves get the tyres from the manufacturers, and not from parallel imports.

same thing to branded stuff like Gucci, LV etc etc, if u value safe and quality stuff, buy the real thing, why risk yourself to buy a fake one?

Im not sure abt fake DOM dates, but i know shops selling used tyres as new. They re tread the used tyres, mark the tyres with those green,yellow red line n looks like new. Not sure ig SG has these black sheep but i know of one tyre shop in jb that mainly sell korean tyres that is doing this.

Assuming average usage to be 20,000km annually. 3 years we replaced the tire. No big deal. Perhaps odd-one-out: after 6 years/120km, stock tire burst one after another on one of my previous cars.

Old stocks tires just mean that there is a oversupply of tires.

So how can they justify price increase,when there are so many old unsold stocks of tires in the world?

I will stick to latest new models of tires when I am changing mine.

↡ Advertisement