Which part of SG is flooding now?

Vega

Aiya, I am not avoiding newater lah haha.

When I am home, I still drink tap water without any issue.

I drink tap water as well.

The missus must boil the tap water before she drinks it.

News item a few weeks ago was Singaporeans spend 35 million pa on bottled water most of which comes out of the tap.

I think the figure was 35 million, could have been 350 million knowing Singaporeans.

↡ Advertisement

I drink tap water as well.

The missus must boil the tap water before she drinks it.

News item a few weeks ago was Singaporeans spend 35 million pa on bottled water most of which comes out of the tap.

I think the figure was 35 million, could have been 350 million knowing Singaporeans.

The ants at my house only drink boiled tap water. They wouldnt touch water straight from the tap
  • Praise 1

Coming liao.................

https://www.gov.sg/news/content/channel-newsasia-more-showers-expected-in-second-half-of-january

http://www.nea.gov.sg/corporate-functions/newsroom/advisories/more-showers-expected-in-second-fortnight-of-january-2017

Advisories
More Showers Expected In Second Fortnight Of January 2017

A few warm days can still be expected

Singapore, 16 January 2017 – The prevailing Northeast Monsoon conditions over the region are forecast to persist into the second half of January 2017. During this fortnight, the low level winds are expected to continue to blow from the northeast or northwest. 

2          The next two weeks of January 2017 is expected to be wetter than the first fortnight of the year. Short-duration thundery showers are expected on six to eight days, mostly in the afternoon, and on a few days could extend into the evening. In addition, there is a chance of a monsoon surge[[1]] developing over the southern South China Sea region in the second week of the fortnight. Singapore could experience periods of moderate to heavy rain lasting up to two days, accompanied by occasional windy conditions and cooler temperatures. Overall, the rainfall for January 2017 is forecast to be slightly below normal.

3          In the next fortnight, a few warm days can still be expected. The daily maximum temperatures on most days are forecast to be around 32°C or 33°C, and on a few days, the daily maximum temperatures could reach a high of around 34°C. On some rainy days, the daily minimum temperature is expected to be cooler, and could range between 22°C and 23°C.

4          For updates of the daily weather forecast, please visit our MSS website (www.weather.gov.sg), NEA website (www.nea.gov.sg), or download the myENV app, MSS’ Weather@SG app.

REVIEW (1 – 15 January 2017)

5          Northeast Monsoon conditions prevailed over the region in the first fortnight of 2017, and the low level winds during the period blew mostly from the northwest or north.

6          There were a few dry and warm days in the first two weeks of January 2017 where temperatures above 33°C were recorded at some stations. The highest temperature recorded in the first fortnight of January 2017 was 35.1°C at Sembawang on 9 January 2017. At the Changi climate station, the mean daily maximum temperature recorded in the first half of January 2017 was 31.3°C, which is 1.1°C above the long-term mean for January.

7          In the first fortnight of January 2017, Singapore experienced thundery showers in the afternoon and evening on several days due to strong solar heating of land areas coupled with convergence of winds in the surrounding vicinity. In addition, the occurrence of Sumatra squalls brought moderate to heavy thundery showers over many parts of Singapore between the predawn and early morning on a few days. The thundery showers were heaviest on New Year’s Day where the highest total daily rainfall recorded was 71.8mm in Jurong Island.

8          For the first two weeks of the year, Singapore received significantly below normal rainfall. The lowest rainfall of 12.8mm (88 per cent below average) was recorded around the Jurong area, and rainfall was highest around the Paya Lebar area where 98.3mm (11 per cent below average) was recorded. 

Wow, weatherman pretty zhun.

• Praise 2

Have been raining since yesterday night until this morning! And rain suddenly became super heavy in the morning! My downstairs was ponding along the walking path! Even my main door was wet from the rain!  [:|]

Wow, weatherman pretty zhun.

Which is pretty rare  [laugh]

I only remember those cannot-go-wrong type of forecast last time when i watched news:

'Occasional shows in some parts of the island'.

Only missing phrase is 'during some part of the day'  :XD:

and thanks to your earlier advisory, i told my family few days ago to be prepared for heavy rain...

Just hope won't backlog till this weekend...

storm in the city...

jiak first lah

sorry to my boss...cannot reach office until storm subsides

post-937-0-76005100-1485136217_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4