SJV8420J Nissan Qashqai @ Tampines Road

Notyetz

Neutral Newbie

On Monday night (30th January) at about 8+ in the evening, I was driving on the first lane of the Tampines Road. There was a slow moving car on the 2nd lane, and a black car behind it. My car was half a car-length behind the black car on the first lane, I saw that the car was moving very near to the diving line between us, and that he had his right signal on. I then hit the brakes hard, as I thought that the black car was going to cut into my lane.

After I hit my brakes, the SUV behind me horned me for more than a few good seconds. After we passed the slow moving car, he cut out into the 2nd lane, passed me, and cut back into my lane abruptly and without signalling, and then he suddenly e-braked. After stopping momentarily, he cut 3 lanes out and took the entrance onto the expressway in the direction of TPE.

I think it's pretty obvious what his intentions were.

To the driver of the Nissan, if you're reading this, maybe it's hard for you to believe, but I did not hit the brakes on purpose, I was just trying to avoid a possible accident. I'm not sure if you thought about what you're doing when you e-braked, you may want to take a chopper to me, whatever. But I had a passenger with me, and she's definitely innocent. Every time I think about what would have happened if I did not manage to stop my car in time, I get very pissed off. Why would any decent human being want to cause serious hurt to other people on purpose?

To those who travel around this area frequently, do keep a lookout for this vehicle and stay clear of him. It's a dark colored Nissan Qashai, possibly black or dark blue, car plate SJV8420J. He definitely has some anger management issues, and while he may not want to go home in one piece at the end of the day, I'm sure that there's a lot of us that do.

Drive safe, and stay safe!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Haha sorry... think my ang moh lousy.

Anyway, I was in first lane, when I thought the car in the second lane wanted to cut into my lane, I braked. The car behind me buay song that I braked, then started to horn me. Then he moved out into second lane, then cut back in front of me, and jam braked.

Send the complaint against tthis reckless idiot to TP for action c/w date time, time, landmark, estimated aged, gender, size of this idiot & yourself particular. Email: [email protected] and he'll charge for danger / reckless driving !!

Edited by Trafficwatch

Neutral Newbie

Send the complaint against tthis reckless idiot to TP for action c/w date time, time, landmark, estimated aged, gender, size of this idiot & yourself particular. Email: [email protected] and he'll charge for danger / reckless driving !!

I don't have any picture/video leh... so kinda no evidence. Also the vehicle over took us very fast, so we didn't catch a good look of the driver, only make out that he's a male.

Chances are his frustrations are accumulating with the fact that you are on the 1st lane and yet not overtaking the slow moving vehicles swiftly as expected. It is actually quite frustrating to see slow moving vehicles on lane 2 and someone taking his own sweet time to overtake or cruise along on lane 1.

Honestly I believe that if you have sped up a little to overtake the slow pokes on lane 2, the black car would have a easier chance to let you pass before he filters out to the 1st lane. Your indecision might have caused quite a few inconvenience to other motorist at that point of time.

To add on to the Qashqai's situation of being stuck behind you and lane 2 traffic, you braked too hard for no apparent reason (from his point of view). If the black car had cut into your lane then fair enough. But ultimately that wasn't the case. If you are in the Qashqai, you would be pissed too thinking that the road hogger try to jam brake on you.

I travel alot on that stretch of road, which I believe the limit is 70kph. Some do not keep up to speed and tend to cause the rest of the drivers to drive more aggressive along that stretch. I have seen a lot of near miss and dangerous maneuvers along that stretch so please drive safe, keep left or overtake swiftly and decisively.

Just my 2cents, and BTW I am not that Qashqai nor do I know him. Cheers!

On Monday night (30th January) at about 8+ in the evening, I was driving on the first lane of the Tampines Road. There was a slow moving car on the 2nd lane, and a black car behind it. My car was half a car-length behind the black car on the first lane, I saw that the car was moving very near to the diving line between us, and that he had his right signal on. I then hit the brakes hard, as I thought that the black car was going to cut into my lane.

You hit brakes hard because a signal?

You deserve what you got. Just learn from this incident ok. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Chances are his frustrations are accumulating with the fact that you are on the 1st lane and yet not overtaking the slow moving vehicles swiftly as expected. It is actually quite frustrating to see slow moving vehicles on lane 2 and someone taking his own sweet time to overtake or cruise along on lane 1.

Honestly I believe that if you have sped up a little to overtake the slow pokes on lane 2, the black car would have a easier chance to let you pass before he filters out to the 1st lane. Your indecision might have caused quite a few inconvenience to other motorist at that point of time.

To add on to the Qashqai's situation of being stuck behind you and lane 2 traffic, you braked too hard for no apparent reason (from his point of view). If the black car had cut into your lane then fair enough. But ultimately that wasn't the case. If you are in the Qashqai, you would be pissed too thinking that the road hogger try to jam brake on you.

I travel alot on that stretch of road, which I believe the limit is 70kph. Some do not keep up to speed and tend to cause the rest of the drivers to drive more aggressive along that stretch. I have seen a lot of near miss and dangerous maneuvers along that stretch so please drive safe, keep left or overtake swiftly and decisively.

Just my 2cents, and BTW I am not that Qashqai nor do I know him. Cheers!

I was trying to over take the vehicles, but when I was coming up to the black car, I saw that it was moving swiftly towards the right, which was why I had to brake hard. I wasn't slow-poking or anything in the lane before that.

I can understand why he would be pissed. And if I were in the same situation, I might be pissed myself too. But I wouldn't purposely e-brake to try and take revenge.

And thanks for the advice, I'll keep them in mind. I have been travelling on that road about 2x per week for the past year, but it's really the first time that something like this happened.

Neutral Newbie

You hit brakes hard because a signal?

You deserve what you got. Just learn from this incident ok. [laugh]

Haha... no lah. I hit the brakes hard because the car was already very near the center line AND he had the signal on.

Wah... u really think that I deserve him to e-brake on me? Hmmm... even if I deserved it, but I don't think my passenger does.

After I hit my brakes, the SUV behind me horned me for more than a few good seconds. After we passed the slow moving car, he cut out into the 2nd lane, passed me, and cut back into my lane abruptly and without signalling, and then he suddenly e-braked. After stopping momentarily, he cut 3 lanes out and took the entrance onto the expressway in the direction of TPE.

I think it's pretty obvious what his intentions were.

To the driver of the Nissan, if you're reading this, maybe it's hard for you to believe, but I did not hit the brakes on purpose, I was just trying to avoid a possible accident. I'm not sure if you thought about what you're doing when you e-braked, you may want to take a chopper to me, whatever. But I had a passenger with me, and she's definitely innocent. Every time I think about what would have happened if I did not manage to stop my car in time, I get very pissed off. Why would any decent human being want to cause serious hurt to other people on purpose?

To those who travel around this area frequently, do keep a lookout for this vehicle and stay clear of him. It's a dark colored Nissan Qashai, possibly black or dark blue, car plate SJV8420J. He definitely has some anger management issues, and while he may not want to go home in one piece at the end of the day, I'm sure that there's a lot of us that do.

Drive safe, and stay safe!

The Nissan Qashqai had no business jamming brake in front of you, that's just irresponsible. Overtaking you in anger - no comment, because his anger is somewhat understandable.

You could've avoided this by anticipating the situation better. "Signal-creep" situations rarely call for a e-brake avoidance. Either anticipate ahead of time and slow down gently if there's space and time to yield OR, if you're already very close to him, horn the hell out of the bugger to ensure he stays in his own lane.

The major cause of accidents is NOT speeding, but indecision, hesitation and murky display of intent. I can't tell you how many times drivers in Sg have made me want to tear my hair out - and it's NOT the so-called "speed demons" that get to me, it's the diametric opposite - the tortoises, the sotongs and the aunties.

Edited by Turboflat4

Twincharged

Haha... no lah. I hit the brakes hard because the car was already very near the center line AND he had the signal on.

Wah... u really think that I deserve him to e-brake on me? Hmmm... even if I deserved it, but I don't think my passenger does.

Don't think the Nissan is right to jam brake but then I would get frustrated if I was the car behind you as well. These kind of situations no need to jam brake. Just release accelerator and slow down can already.

many weird drivers on the road.....there was once i was going straight and there was this uncle driving a blue honda civic making u-turn. See me approaching still want to slowly make u-turn so i swerve and look at him. Then he high beam like no body business behind me and i stop at the middle lane (wanting to get down) but he no balls quickly turn left and disappear..... :wacko:

Yes. In retrospect.

By posting his VRN and telling your one sided story, it shows the vindictive streak in you too. So yes deserved. [laugh]

Supercharged

ur horn not working ah?

Yes. In retrospect.

By posting his VRN and telling your one sided story, it shows the vindictive streak in you too. So yes deserved. [laugh]

Good viewpoint. Self righteouness = No righteousness