Vehicle Inspection of tail lights

Kar_lover

I think the authorities effort of making our roads safer is a failure cos instead of drivers worry for their own safety and for other road users' safety, they worry about things like whether their mods can pass inspection or not.

LOL...test for brightness. How about beauty of the tail lights? Why dun ppl think of safety? In the event of a failure? Ppl do not know you are braking. Things like short circuit or overloading the circuit that can cause failure. Lifes are at stake and yet they are only concern about can pass inspection or not. What's the point of inspection? Do ppl really know? Whether your car is road worthy so that the roads can be a bit safer to use.

Sigh. What do ppl know?

But brightness IS part of safety wat! If not bright enough, on a very bright day, may not be ab le to see clearly. Or if heavy rain with poor visilbilty may not be able to see also.

↡ Advertisement

Best is to get a spare tail light just for the inspection.

Cannot pass means cannot pass. The fine you are willing to pay should channel it to buying a spare tail lights.

Perhaps you are in the Koup forum, you can hold on the to spare, and rent it out to other Koup owners who need it for their inspection. Can make back some $$$$.

Ya i did think of that. Will need to check if don't trade in will be how much exactly. With trade in already $400, i think without trade in easily $700 - $800.

the cb authorities should bloody fine those drivers driving will ALL faulty brake lights.

today i just saw a classic whereby a car with faulty brake lights,ALL 3 of them faulty made a heavy/jam brake and the behind car just react in time and ram straight into it.

the cb authorities should bloody fine those drivers driving will ALL faulty brake lights.

today i just saw a classic whereby a car with faulty brake lights,ALL 3 of them faulty made a heavy/jam brake and the behind car just react in time and ram straight into it.

:wub: ALL faulty brake lights should be associated interfaces.. :D

• Dislike 1

Thanks all.

For my car (koup), my original tail lamp must trade in with the LED one. Cos they will use my tail lamp to modify for the next customer. If don't want to trade in the price is much higher (which then i don't want already).

My next inspection is actually Apr 2013. So quite long more. But problem is once i change, i cannot change back. Even if i change only after the inspection, there will be another inspection 2 years after that. Eventually the problem will come back.

Of course if i change car before Apr 2013 then problem solved - but what if i don't?

Hi , may i know where you change ur kia koup original tail lamp to led tail ? Thank you ..

Hi , may i know where you change ur kia koup original tail lamp to led tail ? Thank you ..

The shop (Mancando) gone already. But I didn't do it in the end.

Supersonic

Hi do inspections fail a slightly cracked tail light?

How long is the crack?

if it is not very obvious, should be ok. 

They might just advise you to go change it. 

Small crack never mind one, as long still can see red color brake light. But you should look into the sealing of it.. Otherwise, water will sip in during heavy rain..

Small crack never mind one, as long still can see red color brake light. But you should look into the sealing of it.. Otherwise, water will sip in during heavy rain..

↡ Advertisement