• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
207 replies to this topic | 635 praises

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

Texas5
  • Premium member
    Texas5
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

will be goin japan coming oct for 7days, totally no idea how abt the country. will b touching down at Tokyo Haneda airport, in my mind oni 3 place to go, Tokyo, Osaka & Kyoto... my aim is is not for shopping, i more sua ku, so like to see some scenery... I duno wat to expect when in japan. 1 thing i like to try is their shinkansen bullet train.

any expert can giv some tips & advise whr to go, eat, sleep, see, enjoy etc...

thanks

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:52 PM

Hibeam2
  • Hibeam2
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

http://www.clubsnap....nfo-thread.html

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:53 PM

Pltang
  • Pltang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

try japan-guide.com
Mitsubishi Colt sold at mileage: 110467

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I would say its not very worth it to go between Osaka and Tokyo unless u have time enough to make use of JR pass which is already like 400-500SGD at my last visit. The shinkansen tickets i believe is almost 400 dollars per pax. So unless u r using JR pass to go travel for a longer trip say 10 days, then it makes bit more sense to me.

If u just have 7 days n never been to tokyo and surroundings, i suggest u just stay within that region.

Edited by Lala81, 02 February 2012 - 04:57 PM.

Mercury1 praised this

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

Celicar
  • Celicar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I would say its not very worth it to go between Osaka and Tokyo unless u have time enough to make use of JR pass which is already like 400-500SGD at my last visit. The shinkansen tickets i believe is almost 400 dollars per pax. So unless u r using JR pass to go travel for a longer trip say 10 days, then it makes bit more sense to me.

If u just have 7 days n never been to tokyo and surroundings, i suggest u just stay within that region.

Second that. You can either do the Kansai region exclusively or stay around Tokyo.
Mercury1 praised this

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

this will help u many many:

http://forums.hardwa...splay.php?f=271
Garage36.com

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

Sk65
  • Premium member
    Sk65
    6th Gear
    Author Image

remember
JR pass can only be bought outside japan,

i.e.
in Singapore,
i bought mine at Taka there last time ( i think the JTB shifted liao)
PSN ID = sk65m

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

Shor
  • Shor
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Been several times but if you are not into shopping, Kyoto is a nice little old town. Myself I prefer Osaka than Tokyo because it's more "peaceful" than Tokyo.

Whatever place you visit Japan for the very first time, you sure like it because it's another experience but the only thing is things are super Ex....IMHO

Remember to visit Kiyomizu Temple, Kyoto Gion geisha district ( But the restaurant with Geisha dancing is very very expensive )

will be goin japan coming oct for 7days, totally no idea how abt the country. will b touching down at Tokyo Haneda airport, in my mind oni 3 place to go, Tokyo, Osaka & Kyoto... my aim is is not for shopping, i more sua ku, so like to see some scenery... I duno wat to expect when in japan. 1 thing i like to try is their shinkansen bullet train.

thanks

Regular naps prevent old age, especially if you take them while driving.

http://roadtriptotha...o-thailand.html

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

David
  • David
    Supercharged
    Author Image

thanks

What is your interest?

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

Theobserver
  • Theobserver
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Seems like you are not joining tour. Make sure to go to Tokyo Disneyland. The best in the world. There is a golf resort near mt Fuji called hakone I think. Stay there one night. Other than that many temples to visit. For cheaper shopping there is place called ueno. Think it is near Tokyo. Shops under mrt viaducts. Souvenirs buy at airport before you go back Singapore. Price is the same as outside. So you need not lug around souvenirs from hotel to hotel. These are what I remembered

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

Ordix
  • Premium member
    Ordix
    4th Gear
    Author Image

i think Disneysea is a better choice over disneyland.
Been to disneysea 6x disneyland 2x...
disneyland only worth going if u got kids with u.. else u can pass.

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i think Disneysea is a better choice over disneyland.
Been to disneysea 6x disneyland 2x...
disneyland only worth going if u got kids with u.. else u can pass.

^ agree... Disneysea > Disneyland

i've been to Tokyo disneyland twice, but my recent trip last month went to Disneysea instead. Much more fun.
Garage36.com

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

Renaultdriver
  • Renaultdriver
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

radiation issue now over yet, still there to go??? But, then again if radiation issue over prices will go up. Anyway, I also interested to know some info about Japan. So will track this thread.

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

radiation issue now over yet, still there to go??? But, then again if radiation issue over prices will go up. Anyway, I also interested to know some info about Japan. So will track this thread.

if scared den dun go lo. u fly aeroplane get more radiation then going to tokyo.
Garage36.com

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

Texas5
  • Premium member
    Texas5
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

thanks for all the feedback... appreciate it.

I selected Kyoto becoz I heard alot said Kyoto one of the best to visit when goin Japan becoz of the scenery & temple structural. Then Osaka coz its near Kyoto lol... Tokyo is no choice coz plane arrive/depart there at Haneda airport, will stay mayb 2-3 days over.

My roughly plan is after touch down Haneda airport, take monorail to Tokyo, then take Shinkansen str8 to Kyoto & stay there for 2 days then go Osaka, stay 2 days, then go Mt Fuji 1 day then back to Tokyo for remaining day till depart back to SG. nid to find more on transport & their timing (so far I know JR pass cant be use on Nozomi and Mizuho Shinkansen) anyway still no confirm, if got better place to go then change again heehee... (mayb will extend to 10/14 days trip)

Im more towards peaceful visit, enjoying the scenery & local culture there, not really into heavy shopping & chionging night spot.

more input & suggestion heehee...

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

Relacklabrudder
  • Relacklabrudder
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Dun forget tsukiji fish market, nearby 2 jap restaurant u must go if u are sashimi sushi fan- diawa sushi, sushi dai. Q 2-3 hrs start 830am

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

thanks

Maybe you can make this offer in clubsnap. Many wanna buy the canon 1dx but it is only availabke in japan. See anyone want to tompang you buy in jp.

http://www.amazon.co...

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My day at Disneysea is probably one of the best ever days I've had on a holiday! flowerface.gif

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

Wind30
  • Wind30
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I have been to tokyo disneyland 4 times. Disneysea 2 times. I think I still like disneyland.

I thought disneySea looks a little small.

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

Texas5
  • Premium member
    Texas5
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Maybe you can make this offer in clubsnap. Many wanna buy the canon 1dx but it is only availabke in japan. See anyone want to tompang you buy in jp.

http://www.amazon.co...

wah omg... the price tag too heavy to bring back ><

btw for those been at Disneyland... is tat really so shiok over there?

Back to Travel & Road Trips  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Goin, japan, holiday

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users