Japan: Going Japan for a holiday

Texas5

Any idea where to stay in Tokyo?

Shinjuku for 4 pax is very expensive.  Thinking of staying in Shibuya instead.  Beside Shibuya any other cheaper area? 

I found there's cheaper airbnb near the following station: Itabasi, Ikebukuro, Kanamecho.   Are these stations good in term of accessibility and F&B/shopping nearby.

Thanks.

as shared yesterday, i stayed at Ikebukuro previously. they have everything, a very large mall at the train station and lots of eateries around. highlight for me was the Sunshine 60 street, can google for the details. 

post-195148-0-82912700-1515635760.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Thanks for the info.

Which cottage did you stay in Karuizawa?

I will be buying a 3-day JR Tokyo wide pass at 10,000yen to go 3 outskirt places (Yuzawa, Karuizawa and Kawaguchiko ) in 3 days thus save a lot of $.

Prince hotel at karuizawa. Look for hotels near to major stations along Yamanote line and you will be fine e.g.,Tokyo, shinagawa, shibuya, shinjuku, shimbashi, ikebukuro, ueno.

Hotel rooms in Tokyo for 4pax are rare and expensive, usually 2+1 max per room.

• Praise 2

Shinjuku for 4 pax is very expensive.  Thinking of staying in Shibuya instead.  Beside Shibuya any other cheaper area? 

I found there's cheaper airbnb near the following station: Itabasi, Ikebukuro, Kanamecho.   Are these stations good in term of accessibility and F&B/shopping nearby.

Thanks.

im staying airbnb near shinjuku, about 220+/night for 4 nights.

• Praise 1

Would anyone go to Disneyland even though accompanied with NO kids?

During business trips there last few years. My boss would always jio go to Disneyland..

Thanks.

I have stayed in near Ueno station a few times. There got the IfIAmeyoko shopping street and many cheap and nice eateries. If I go Tokyo I will almost always visit Ueno even if not staying there. 

• Praise 1

I have stayed in near Ueno station a few times. There got the IfIAmeyoko shopping street and many cheap and nice eateries. If I go Tokyo I will almost always visit Ueno even if not staying there.

Same here. Load up on snacks and uniqlo at ueno every trip.

During business trips there last few years. My boss would always jio go to Disneyland..

I'd pass unless the boss is a milf Edited by Aloe111

depends on whether you like theme parks or not

• Praise 1

If never been there I'll go.  If been there already I won't go lor.  Rather spend the $ on shopping  [laugh]  [laugh] 

• Praise 1

Depends on how hot your boss is...

• Praise 1

My itinerary (planning stage):

D1 : Sin to Tokyo - rest

D2 : Shibuya - Hachiko statue, Shibuya crossing, Yoyogi Park n Meiji Jingu Shrine

D3 : Yuzawa (Ski resort)

D4 : Karuizawa (Snow)

D5 : Kawaguchiko (See Mt Fuji)

D6 : Asakusa - Sensoji temple, Nakamise shopping street, Sumida Park n Tokyo Skytree

D7 : Disney

D8 : Shinjuku shopping + Tokyo station

D9 : free and easy

D10: Tokyo to Sin

My itinerary is more of slow and relax kind as kids are going.

So detail...

I am flying off to Japan this Sunday night and I haven plan a thing! All I did so far is book a one-night  Ryokan house stay in some remote mountainous snowy area.....I don't even know how to go there yet.  Haven done my itinerary for other places. I think just ad-hoc see what to do when I reach there....

The only thing I plan nicely are all my property viewing arrangements over the weekend.....!!

• Praise 2

So detail...

I am flying off to Japan this Sunday night and I haven plan a thing! All I did so far is book a one-night  Ryokan house stay in some remote mountainous snowy area.....I don't even know how to go there yet.  Haven done my itinerary for other places. I think just ad-hoc see what to do when I reach there....

The only thing I plan nicely are all my property viewing arrangements over the weekend.....!!

this is planning fatigue  [:p]

Same here. Load up on snacks and uniqlo at ueno every trip.

I'd pass unless the boss is a milf

Edited by Lala81

this is planning fatigue [:p]

uniqlo is everywhere right.

shinjuku takashimaya has one whole level is uniqlo when i went there in 2011

I maybe going ueno this time round. But there's so many things to do in tokyo or do daytrips. I don't really see it as a must go.

Worth a visit if you haven't. The food stuff and snacks for souvenirs. There's also a park and zoo nearby.

This is a big uniqlo store at the other end of Ameyoko shopping street, over 4 levels for better variety.

So detail...

Not a problem if you know the place well, as in you know what and where are the attractions nearby.

depends on whether you like theme parks or not

I have always like parks and this theme in particular.  [thumbsup]

:D

The Scottish Tartan theme. 

post-23002-0-51019500-1515678535_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

Thanks.

Depends on what you want: convenience/proximity to central - won't be cheap...

Also, how many pax?

Not many choices/options if got 4 pax, which is our case now that kids are almost or taller than my wife. And confirm not cheap...

Wife chose hotels that are near the MRT/LRT stations, but the larger (but cheaper) one in Odaiba needs to take the MRT about 15 min to reach shimbashi.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1