Japan: Going Japan for a holiday

Texas5

I went to HK Disneyland last year and found that it is an amusement park whereas Tokyo Disneyland is really something from your fantasy. Especially when it is near to Christmas. Another tip is when taking shinkansen, try not to talk to loudly, or use your handphone. The japs will stare at you

its super cool

seeing the locals orderly taking out place mats,

sitting down behind the line, (where the paraders will pass by)

no pushing or shoving for space....

we me and wife just immersed in the atmosphere.

wave at the street parades performers.

if they wave back, thats an incentive.

(i.e. must wave like crazy to catch their attention)

↡ Advertisement

If you like quiant little towns...... try Nikko which is like 1.5 hours outside tokyo by train.

You can do a web search on what to do there. But its basically nature and historical temples + the nearby Edo wonderland if i have not got the name wrong.

Planning to go Tokyo in May for approx 10 days Free & Easy. Deduct 2 days flying time, what to do in 8 days there? Any good suggestions?

Planning to do some self-drive + bullet train travel.

Understand that Japan is not using GSM mobile system.

Can our usual smartphones like SE Xperia X8 or Ray work there? Does it mean as long have 3G UMTS 2100 band, it can work over there?

Can our usual smartphones like SE Xperia X8 or Ray work there? Does it mean as long have 3G UMTS 2100 band, it can work over there?

Our local nextwork confirm can be used there.

as long as your phone can access 3G can use there.

Hi, Japan is one of the most amazing countries for tourists. I'm also eager to see all those great places there especially this 2015. It is actually one of my plans and I'd like to share too what I have been reading here . I should consider this place and a definite must see!

Recently visited Mizushima. Well I get excited visiting Japan because of the Food. Who else is not in love with Ramen and Tempura! The food is reason enough to visit.

Recently visited Mizushima. Well I get excited visiting Japan because of the Food. Who else is not in love with Ramen and Tempura! The food is reason enough to visit.

Me too.

The food and the ladies are nice too.

:D

• Praise 9

Me too.

The food and the ladies are nice too.

:D

we must be abangs !! we like Liverpool, we like Ramen and sashimi, and we like Soapland :a-toast:

• Praise 2

Are they OK? Did they measure their temperature? Wu huat seo boh? So many years later then starting to ban?

Since USA starting to ban some food imported from Japan, it can be time for us to take some precautions, too.

• Praise 2

Hi, Japan is one of the most amazing countries for tourists. I'm also eager to see all those great places there especially this 2015. It is actually one of my plans and I'd like to share too what I have been reading here . I should consider this place and a definite must see!

I make Japan a must-go almost every year. Each time about 2-3 weeks there. Have been doing it for the last 4 years.

I like Japan not so much for the sight-seeing or shopping, which is extremely great, but more for its culture & service attitude.

I have been to many countries around the world, and Japanese to me are the most civil and considerate culture around. They live a philosophy that it is better to inconvenience oneself than to inconvenient others. From that philosophy, you get a culture of consideration for others and to make life good for everyone else. And this shows in the quality in their work for others and hence a service attitude that ensure customers get an excellent service experience every time.

Consider this during all my trips there:

1) They do not use mobile on trains to talk. If they want to talk, they give up their seat and go the connection part of the train cartridges where they do not disturb others. Train are very quiet usually.

2) People standing in front of the priority seats, do not use their mobiles at all. There are signs telling people to even switch of their mobiles if they are standing in front of those seats.

3) If kids want to watch video on tablets for those long train rides, they use headphones. Parents do not just on their video and disturb others.

4) Most Japanese do not use baby strollers in shopping malls as it take up spaces and inconvenience others. Impressively, even very petite Japs ladies strap their babies in front wherever they go. And Japs do walk a lot! The men do the same too.

5) People clear their trays whether at hotels, fast food or food courts!

6) They are very helpful to tourist, always try their best to explain with their limited English.

7) service people are always polite, always respectful, and always apologetic even if it is not their mistakes.

The country is always very clean, people take pride in their work, and always helpful to tourist. It's unbelievable how much they are willing to stretch just to ensure that others get a good experience in whatever they are dealing with.

I can't wait to go back again!

• Praise 5

same same, easily one of my top 3 destination. whenever I though of holiday surely inside my list, then my wife will look at me and smile again  :XD:

Also our first virgin couple trip destination . Japun ai yi shi te ru  :a-happy:

Edited by Bacteria83
  • Praise 1

I make Japan a must-go almost every year. Each time about 2-3 weeks there. Have been doing it for the last 4 years.

I like Japan not so much for the sight-seeing or shopping, which is extremely great, but more for its culture & service attitude.

I have been to many countries around the world, and Japanese to me are the most civil and considerate culture around. They live a philosophy that it is better to inconvenience oneself than to inconvenient others. From that philosophy, you get a culture of consideration for others and to make life good for everyone else. And this shows in the quality in their work for others and hence a service attitude that ensure customers get an excellent service experience every time.

Consider this during all my trips there:

1) They do not use mobile on trains to talk. If they want to talk, they give up their seat and go the connection part of the train cartridges where they do not disturb others. Train are very quiet usually.

2) People standing in front of the priority seats, do not use their mobiles at all. There are signs telling people to even switch of their mobiles if they are standing in front of those seats.

3) If kids want to watch video on tablets for those long train rides, they use headphones. Parents do not just on their video and disturb others.

4) Most Japanese do not use baby strollers in shopping malls as it take up spaces and inconvenience others. Impressively, even very petite Japs ladies strap their babies in front wherever they go. And Japs do walk a lot! The men do the same too.

5) People clear their trays whether at hotels, fast food or food courts!

6) They are very helpful to tourist, always try their best to explain with their limited English.

7) service people are always polite, always respectful, and always apologetic even if it is not their mistakes.

The country is always very clean, people take pride in their work, and always helpful to tourist. It's unbelievable how much they are willing to stretch just to ensure that others get a good experience in whatever they are dealing with.

I can't wait to go back again!

I did run into a rude a$$ JR staff at Maronouchi exit of Tokyo Station when I was there earlier in March. I asked her for directions to Aman Tokyo and I was really taken aback by her rudeness. Maybe she didn't understand English all too well or maybe she just had a bad day.

↡ Advertisement